Week 7: Dolphins at Bills (-17)

YoloinOhio

56 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I am having trouble getting excited for this one.

We are expected to win, win easily, and win in dominant fashion.

I'll take an easy win no doubt, but games where the winner is decided in the first quarter are boring.

Anyone else feeling a little "down" about the game in this sense?

I agree as far as watching NFL games in general, but not Bills games. I prefer they win by a blowout every week.

54 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I have confidence that the game won't go that way, but I guess it could.  Maybe Fitz will be inspired.  

What I meant was that an easy win in which we are in control from beginning to end is a boring type of game and I'm not really looking forward to watching that, even though I'll take the W all day long.

Hasn't every game been close this year?  Im ready to go kick the crap out of someone for 4 qtrs personally. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, corta765 said:

And this is what your not getting. The team honestly could care less about the few of you who would pack it up and not go because the tailgating is limited in stupidity that regularly occurs. Having parents and families far more willing to come will out number the people whose party is “ruined” because the team no longer wants all out mayhem.

The tailgating seen is unique and the Bills understand that and seem fine with doing what they can not to alter too much. I assume downtown they’d still want a good amount of lots for the same thing while happily giving fans more options such as bars and restaurants.

the crew of 15-20 of us that head up together(and don't get belligerent) have all discussed this and really all feel the same way.... but ya... it must just be our little group ?

I've literally taken my kids up. I've taken my non-drinking non-swearing, church going mother.... we've tailgated in numerous areas. we don't get crazy and we've never had it ruined for us. and i can speak for a large group that have had this discussion that aren't thrilled about the idea of changing it to just another urban stadium experience.

what you're "not getting" is that in my experience i'm not the "few". i think you may projecting your feelings as what the masses feel. maybe its no me that's in the minority. If anything I think it’s much more split than what you’re implying.... food for thought.

no worries though man. go bills.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

8 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

I didn't look at prices, It's more of a sarcastic shot at the Miami fans. That place is never full. $70 for nosebleeds in 85 humid degrees? No thanks. Now $6 for nosebleeds in 30 snowy degrees is more doable, lol.

The game is in Buffalo......

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Geez, if Morse and Hyde were not practicing this board would be melting down with negativity.

morse not so much after how Feliciano filled in. Hyde? I've been bracing for an injury to him all year. that one would worry me a lot more than any other and i think it would have the potential to have a rough impact on the secondary and the defense as a whole.

1 hour ago, CodeMonkey said:

Wow, takes brass ones to bet the Bills to cover at -17 :)

Not against the Dolphins. Bills covered when they were a better team. Now they are nothing.

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

I’d be very surprised if we shut Miami out.  Fitzy will hit on a couple big passes, at least.

If he does this defense should be ashamed. Miami shouldnt score at all.

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I am having trouble getting excited for this one.

We are expected to win, win easily, and win in dominant fashion.

I'll take an easy win no doubt, but games where the winner is decided in the first quarter are boring.

Anyone else feeling a little "down" about the game in this sense?

Actually just the opposite. I'm almost as excited as I was for the first game of the season. I'm ALWAYS pumped for a game against the hated Fins. SQUISH THE FISH!!!

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Not sure how old you are, but we did a lot of that sort of thing during the Super Bowl years and it gets old pretty fast.  

I was at a game in those days against the Jets.  Kelly threw 3 bombs, and at the end of the first quarter we were ahead 21-0.  That part was really exciting and fun.  The rest of the game was a boring affair as everyone in the building knew who the winner was going to be that day.  

Wow, again. I don't get this at all. Give me a good Bills blowout any day. 

• Like (+1) 1