Week 7 Against Miami - Allen's First 300 Yard Game

H2o

14 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

They'll beat someone in that Miami heat.  Someone mailing it in late in season.  

Actually. Dec could be a trap month in the Dolphin's quest for the 1st overall draft pick in 2020.  Jets and Bengals may have quit on the season by then.  The last game at NE could be weird if Bill B thought it was more important to screw the Dolphins out of the 1st overall pick by resting a lot of his starters.

On 10/7/2019 at 12:15 PM, wagon127 said:

For once, I'd like to be developing our Quarterback to be Elite some day. I want to win of course, that's a priority over everything else. If the opportunity presents itself, light up the stat lines. How many of the Quarterbacks, that we consider elite, have done that to our weak defenses over the years? You aren't the least bit curious if Josh Allen can put up those kinds of numbers?

Not all, but many of your high passing yard games come from teams playing catch-up from behind.

I would rather we stay comfortably in the lead.

I expect Daboll to use a variety of plays as he always does, and if Singletary can go, this is the game to help him shake off the rust.

Once in the lead I would like to see us put a team away in the 3rd rather than come out flat... 

See what adjustments they make and calmly punt if needed on our initial drive, get the ball back and counter their changes sans turn overs to score a few in the 3rd.

Edited by WideNine

....sure they're woefully woeful++.....but there are too many painful memories through the drought when posting prognosticators predicted our schedule by game and penciled in Fins as a "sweep".....Jesus, coming off the bye at 4-1 and allowing this to be a trap game would be "excessive bourbon with  Pepto Bismol chaser(s) time consumption"....and I'm low on Nitro pills.....

• Like (+1) 1

Use the same concept the Pats*** used with Brady*** when he took over in his second year. This team is built very much like that team, great defense and good running game, lean on the defense and running game and pick your spots in the passing game. In the AFC Championship game & Super Bowl combined he was only 28/45 for 260 Yards 5.77 YPA, in 2 games. They had a really good team, who didn't lean too hard on a young QB and both the team & QB were rewarded for it.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't know why people are thinking about "the national media" or old-school Herm Edwards.

The only reason I can see for not running it up against the fins is (1) injury concerns (a perfectly legit and sensible thing), or (2) keeping the brakes pumped on the team's/town's expectations (of dubious value, but given the over-reactions we see here, maybe not unwarranted).

Me?  I want to see them pile it up, just to enjoy the moment for the players and the fans... 

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I don't know why people are thinking about "the national media" or old-school Herm Edwards.

The only reason I can see for not running it up against the fins is (1) injury concerns (a perfectly legit and sensible thing), or (2) keeping the brakes pumped on the team's/town's expectations (of dubious value, but given the over-reactions we see here, maybe not unwarranted).

Me?  I want to see them pile it up, just to enjoy the moment for the players and the fans... 

...not fair...take the Patsies conservative approach IMO............

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, wagon127 said:

I think the bills should absolutely use some of the games coming up, to pad Josh Allen's season long stats. Gain some respect from national media.

I don’t give a rip about the national media, but if we can use that game to “work on some things”, that’s all good. Keep making progress, Josh! 

• Like (+1) 2

Miami is hot garbage but it could be a little tougher than some people think.  Their coach had an extra week to prepare and will have a Pats style game play.  I know everyone hates him but Rosen has been an upgrade to their offense.  I believe they we beating the Boys on the road.

i do want to see a game where Allen is the main reason for the win but Ws are cool so just get one.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Against who?

Dallas?

Pittsburgh?

Baltimore?

So many people afraid of teams that at the moment don't look all that amazing.

Not saying every team will score a lot of points but the defense isn’t going to hold teams under 20 every week.  Eventually the offense will need to put some points up in some games.  

It's certainly possible.  I haven't followed Miami this year at all, but I'm assuming that since the head coach is another rotten apple off the Belichick coaching tree, Miami will run the same scheme as New England and Tennessee.  The difference is the Dolphins don't have the horses to do it as well as New England and Tennessee.  If familiarity does what it should do, Buffalo should be able to handle it nicely.  One of these games Josh is going to break out with a big passing game.  Why not Miami?  They can gain 150 yards on the ground too.

Miami at some point is going to win a game. Or come really close, I don’t want it to be against the Bills. 

I know McDermott will prepare the guys for the game and I think Phillips is going to be hyped up and want to beat  his old team. No reason the Bills shouldn’t beat the Dolphins by 10+ points.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Miami at some point is going to win a game. Or come really close, I don’t want it to be against the Bills. 

I know McDermott will prepare the guys for the game and I think Phillips is going to be hyped up to play his old team.

I don't know.  There is precedent for Miami running the table.

13 hours ago, Steptide said:

This is a nice thought, but what will most likely happen is Allen will throw for 200 yards in the first half. The bills will be up by 21 and daboll will run 95% of the 2nd half and singletary will have 400 rushing yards 

And Matt Barkley plays 2nd half 

12 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

If the Bills win the Super Bowl but Allen never throws for 300 yards does it still count?

Since the Bills lost their 1st Super Bowl in 1991, there's only been 1  Super Bowl winning QB, who didn't have a 300 yard passing game in the regular season or post season.  Trent Dilfer in 2000.

17 hours ago, H2o said:

Next up on the schedule after the bye week, the Miami Dolphins. A team that is tanking, even though they won't admit they are tanking. Not really going out on a limb here with this, but if ever there were a game where Josh should be over 300 yards with 3 or more TD passes then this is it. It would also be nice to see Allen get his first 300+ yard passing game while not committing any turnovers in the process. It's almost haiku time everyone. :beer:

One week at a time please... it's on to the bye week. No need in looking ahead... lmao

• Haha (+1) 1