Bills Mafia > Titans fans

Herc11

13 hours ago, The Dean said:

I read 25,000. But that just seems crazy.

Seems low. 

1 hour ago, Gordio said:

My house in Lancaster was appraised 2 years ago for $274M.   I pay $8 grand in taxes per year.  Already told my wife when my daughter is a senior in High School, if she still wants to live in WNY I am downsizing & buying a townhouse.  Either that or I am moving down south.  The taxes up here are ridiculous.  

Sal Cappocio on the pregame said he has been doing this for a while now & never saw so many Bills fan invade a town like this before.  Said it was even more than Jacksonville.  He estimated there will be 30-35K Bills fans in attendance for the game.  Well done!

8k on a $274,000,000 house isn’t bad?

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Like (+1) 1

On 10/7/2019 at 10:08 AM, Not at the table Karlos said:

Seems low. 

8k on a $274,000,000 house isn’t bad?

Haha I am a banker & we always put M after for thousand, but yes you are technically right.  $274K.  

On 10/6/2019 at 7:06 PM, The Dean said:

Anyway, great show by the Bills fans. For those there, how was the tailgate situation?

we were talking yesterday, i never saw a parking lot!

On 10/7/2019 at 9:40 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

Here's a question for fans who went to Nashville. How did you like the tailgating in a downtown setting? That could be the Bills future.

its different for sure. Have been to a few games now where we pre gamed at at a bar...sure as hell is way easier, but you do miss something. We were kinda late getting to the bars..ate at the airbnb and had a few there. 

Long winded way of saying not better, not worse, just different

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I saw that used before. Why is “M” used for thousand?

Not sure everybody in the banking industry does it though & I have worked for 4 different banks in my career.  Millions is MM

• Like (+1) 1

Here's a question for fans who went to Nashville. How did you like the tailgating in a downtown setting? That could be the Bills future.

As others mentioned, it's definitely easier.

There was no real tailgating. Maybe a few Tenn fans in their season ticket holder lot, with small setups. And a couple of large corporate tents. So there is no "real" tailgating, if that is what you want. But Nashville has it setup so getting in and out of the stadium pushes you through the Broadway bar strip.

Didnt have to pack a cooler, didnt have to pack a grill, didnt have to pack supplies, didnt have to go grocery shopping the day before to stock up, didnt have to get out early just to get the fire going, didnt have to start cleaning up and packing up to make the game. Just got in an uber and went to the bars for a couple hours, then walked to the stadium.

Oh, it rained the entire morning (9-11am), but we didnt notice because we were in the bars. It let up right as we left for the stadium, so no being wet or trapped in rain gear for the whole day.

I come from a line of intense tailgaters, some of my dad's parties were legendary, but this was so easy and all the BS is left to someone else. You can still meet up with friends and have the pre-game camaraderie.

I could get used to it.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 4

On 10/7/2019 at 8:33 AM, Gordio said:

My house in Lancaster was appraised 2 years ago for $274M.   I pay $8 grand in taxes per year.  Already told my wife when my daughter is a senior in High School, if she still wants to live in WNY I am downsizing & buying a townhouse.  Either that or I am moving down south.  The taxes up here are ridiculous.  

Sal Cappocio on the pregame said he has been doing this for a while now & never saw so many Bills fan invade a town like this before.  Said it was even more than Jacksonville.  He estimated there will be 30-35K Bills fans in attendance for the game.  Well done!

274 million in Western new York???

Can you spare a few bucks lmao

Easier and more expensive.  I dropped about $65.00 at the bar before the game.  Tailgating, I would have just bought a $15.00 12-pack.

23 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

As others mentioned, it's definitely easier.

There was no real tailgating. Maybe a few Tenn fans in their season ticket holder lot, with small setups. And a couple of large corporate tents. So there is no "real" tailgating, if that is what you want. But Nashville has it setup so getting in and out of the stadium pushes you through the Broadway bar strip.

Didnt have to pack a cooler, didnt have to pack a grill, didnt have to pack supplies, didnt have to go grocery shopping the day before to stock up, didnt have to get out early just to get the fire going, didnt have to start cleaning up and packing up to make the game. Just got in an uber and went to the bars for a couple hours, then walked to the stadium.

Oh, it rained the entire morning (9-11am), but we didnt notice because we were in the bars. It let up right as we left for the stadium, so no being wet or trapped in rain gear for the whole day.

I come from a line of intense tailgaters, some of my dad's parties were legendary, but this was so easy and all the BS is left to someone else. You can still meet up with friends and have the pre-game camaraderie.

I could get used to it.

So, in other words, tailgating will be replaced with pre-game bar hopping?

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

So, in other words, tailgating will be replaced with pre-game bar hopping?

Pretty much, yes.

But more so: post-game bar hopping, because everyone funneled back over that bridge and right into the strip. Big money for those bars and restaurants. Big tax revenue for the area.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yeah and you got a problem with that Beltran?

I think I will, yes.  The tailgate is a better experience than the game itself.  I enjoy reaching into a cooler and grabbing a beer whenever I want to.  I don't much enjoy having to wait for a bartender to finally come my way, then having to pay them every time I want a beer.

I also enjoy all of the great food options at tailgates.  Food that's made by fellow fans.

So .. .yeah ... I guess I do got a problem with it, mijo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I think I will, yes.  The tailgate is a better experience than the game itself.  I enjoy reaching into a cooler and grabbing a beer whenever I want to.  I don't much enjoy having to wait for a bartender to finally come my way, then having to pay them every time I want a beer.

I also enjoy all of the great food options at tailgates.  Food that's made by fellow fans.

So .. .yeah ... I guess I do got a problem with it, mijo.

You're Wrong

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Pretty much, yes.

But more so: post-game bar hopping, because everyone funneled back over that bridge and right into the strip. Big money for those bars and restaurants. Big tax revenue for the area.

I didn't stay after the game....was post game better than pre-game?

• Like (+1) 1