Marcel Dareus cited for weed possession in Florida

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Not for people with regular jobs but the NFL isnt one of them, hes looking at some serious down time.

Probably yes. And in that respect it was very stupid. Not as stupid as the rule itself, but still.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Nobody else in the car was willing to take ownership?  Unless they’re other NFL players, he needs new friends.  That’s a multimillion dollar loss assuming he gets a year suspension.  They were probably going to cut him next year anyway to avoid the last year of that contract ($9 million+), but it will certainly impact his free agency if he doesn’t retire. 

12 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Sorry no all pro is a draft bust

Rex Ryan turned a pass rusher into a plug and took away everything he did great

In retrospect, he was a very good player but a poor draft  choice. I wanted Marcel to do well as much as anyone on this board. And yes, he was misused by Rex, who had him in coverage, or even standing still and jumping around like a useless 350 pound penguin. It was disgraceful.

But, the truth is; many people are softened by money. If I had 50 million dollars in my pocket, I can't say for sure I would want to get together with a bunch of violent genetic mutants, play professional football, and suffer life long serious injuries.

The man has many serious problems that I hope he solves. He never was a bad guy. I don't want to imply that the weed in itself was bad either. No, it was/is the lack of discipline. He did what he had to do under Coach Saban to get through and make the money. In the NFL you are pretty much on your own and are treated like an adult. Marcel, with his emotional problems from a life too tough for many of us to imagine, was clearly not ready for this.

I hope he has some money left, gets therapy, and has a happy life. Again, Marcel Dareus is not a bad guy. No way.

10 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

That's more than likely due to improper transportation. Medical marijuana should be stored in the trunk. And typically, it's sold in labeled containers or packages. 

If someone has a med card, transports properly, and is still cited, they would easily have the citation dismissed in court. 

yeah but they are still cited. And there is a big disparity in color as well (didn’t want to bring it up) but majority of those cited and or arrested are black or Brown. 

I really don’t think this is going to amount to anything. Yeah he was cited. For weed. Even the NFL isn’t as tightas*** about it anymore as some of you are. 

ps Dareus still sucks and Im glad he’s gone.

6 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Do the DWI enablers from the Turbo Team have a Florida office?  Furnace room at a nail salon or spa?

What or Who is a “DWI enabler”? 

12 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I don't really care how people get their jollies. Weed is a bore, and a complete waste of time.

It does so much for productivity.(<SNARK>)

I have no idea why I should care about your thoughts on weed. 

9 hours ago, Magox said:

So you're saying that he should be all about the money and not give a flying flip about anything else?  Because if he doesn't give a crap because he's made a lot of money as you were saying, then that would be that he is all about.  While money is nice there are more things that are important in life as well, such as his responsibility to the organization that is paying you and to your coaches and teammates that you would hope have friendships.  But I think what's more important than it all is the legacy you leave behind.   

That's not what I am saying at all.  that is what you are saying. 

btw what is your leagacy? 

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

yeah but they are still cited. And there is a big disparity in color as well (didn’t want to bring it up) but majority of those cited and or arrested are black or Brown. 

Oh stop it. The color of his skin had nothing to do with it. He was pulled over for speeding @ 2am. When stopped he smelled of pot. Despite medical or recreational being legal in different states driving under the influence remains illegal in ALL states. None of this has anything to do with skin color. It has everything to do with his intelligence and common sense. Stop with the nonsense.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

In my unqualified opinion, lawyers who specialize in defending DWI drivers.  Trbovich’s law firm makes a point of advertising that skill.

well everyone deserves representation, no matter what they did. Are DUI attorneys better or worse than the ones that defend murderers?

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

well everyone deserves representation, no matter what they did. Are DUI attorneys better or worse than the ones that defend murderers?

It depends upon the situation, it depends upon the defendant.  DWI is a conscious choice by the driver, so I don’t have a lot of tolerance for the lawyers and judges (see Niagara County) who go easy on DWI offenders.

2 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

It depends upon the situation, it depends upon the defendant.  DWI is a conscious choice by the driver, so I don’t have a lot of tolerance for the lawyers and judges (see Niagara County) who go easy on DWI offenders.

Well killing someone is a conscious choice too. Again, who in you deserves representation in your mind? Only people accused of negligence? 

don’t say “lawyers and judges” when talking about adjudication either. If you have a problem with the sentence for some DUI it’s just the “judges” you should be blaming.

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

I have no idea why I should care about your thoughts on weed. 

That's not what I am saying at all.  that is what you are saying. 

btw what is your leagacy? 

That is what you are saying, Nedboy.  

What's my legacy?   A legacy to hand down to my loved ones knowing that they will be taken care of financially when I pass, but that isn't nearly as important as other things.  Such as a legacy of respect among my peers, friends and family.  Passing down qualities such as respect, trust, love and dependability to my kids who will hopefully pass that down to theirs.  Leading by example and practicing what I preach and sharing my values to the ones I love. 

I can't think of anything more important in one's life than having a positive impacting legacy.   Legacy isn't just about leaving material wealth it's about the qualities you share with the ones who have surrounded you throughout your life.

Edited by Magox

26 minutes ago, babulator said:

Oh stop it. The color of his skin had nothing to do with it. He was pulled over for speeding @ 2am. When stopped he smelled of pot. Despite medical or recreational being legal in different states driving under the influence remains illegal in ALL states. None of this has anything to do with skin color. It has everything to do with his intelligence and common sense. Stop with the nonsense.

pointing out facts is all. 

• Like (+1) 1