Week 5: Bills (+2.5) at Titans

YoloinOhio

13 minutes ago, billsintaiwan said:

Aye, Henry is the type of back that used to gash us. Need to shut him down and make mariota throw on third and long. He will make mistakes.

i don't necessarily think he'll make mistakes. i just don't think he'll make the throws to move the chains in those situations. this is easily the most complete and deep secondary he's played all year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

Teams really haven't had trouble stopping Allen from rushing this year. He's good for a couple good runs a game, but nothing insane. He's averaging 7 rushes & 32 yards a game, good for just over 4 yards a carry this season. Sure, that's more than some QB's, but it's nothing spectacular, as teams have pretty much figured out it's worth being aggressive against him as he'll rarely punish you unless there's actual broken coverage downfield

It's more than every QB other than Lamont Jackson - who is really just a RB.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Welp this is not good. Nsecke DNP again. 

I would expect to see a lot of Sweeney then, cause there is no way at this stage of Ford's career that they can trust him on an island with ANY NFL DE/OLB.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This doesn't look good. Which ever QB plays Josh or Barkley will need all the help they can get on that right side. We'll know more tomorrow I guess. Hopefully just a rest day?

2 hours ago, TitansPerspective said:

He isn't a power back like Lynch or anything. He almost always falls forward for positive yards. but he dosnt start trucking ppl till he picks up steam. If you let him get the edge or 2 the 2nd lvl up the middle he will make you pay. However if you ger to him around the line or behind it he dosn't break many tackles.

Edit: He is basicly a 250 pound Chris Johnson with a scary still arm.

Well TitansPerspective, or should I call you Callidus? I was thinking perhaps you might want to add some perspective to your fellow Titans fans. One poster named Number9 makes a fundamental mistake:

Both defenses are only giving up 15.5 points per game.

Well no they are not. The Bills have given up a total of 63 points including a pick 6, blocked punt, and a safety. They have only given up 47 points on defense or 11.75/game.

Another poster named Justafan seems a bit in denial with these to remarks concerning Bradys recent performance against the Bills:

Brady simply having a bad day

Brady had an off day

You might want to inform him that Bradys regular season passer rating from 2017 thru 2019 is 99.9. For the same time period against the Bills it is 73.9. You may also want to inform him over this same time period against the Bills Brady has thrown for 3 TD's against 5 interceptions. "Brady had an off day" my a$$.

And finally who is I presume you:

All they got is they are better than us, we have no offense and they are gona win something like 28-10.

First. In the predict the score thread with 59 responses (not including the not serious 169 to 5 and 62 to 5 scores) the average prediction is the Bills at 21.1 and the Titans at 13.4. Of the 59 responses only 8 predicted the Bills scoring 28 or more points and I am not sure the 30+ points for the Bills are even serious. 

What we have is arguably a better defense. We also have a QB with a higher ceiling that has not played 16 games and is prone to turnovers. We also have a QB that in his short career has engineered something like 4 come from behind 4th quarter comebacks. 

If Allen plays mistake free football and Singletary is good to go, a big if, I can see the Bills hanging 4 TD's on the Titans. I think the Bills defense will shut down the Titans offense and will limit them to 10 or less points. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

NFLN sit ‘em and start ‘em fantasy segment makes no sense. They listed Mariotta, D. Walker , C Davis as sit ‘em vs BUF. Then they have the BUF defense as a sit ‘em ? Then D Henry is a start ‘em as well as the TEN defense . Strange ...

Edited by Boatdrinks

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

NFLN sit ‘em and start ‘em fantasy segment makes no sense. They listed Mariotta, D. Walker , C Davis as sit ‘em vs BUF. Then they have the BUF defense as a sit ‘em ? Then D Henry is a start ‘em as well as the TEN defense . Strange ...

Maybe the turnover angle.  Buff D doesn't get a ton of turnovers...some but not a ton so maybe from that standpoint?  However, that all sounds very strange lol

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I have a feeling we'll see this all year...Nsekhe will only practice once or twice a week and get lots of rest days...and as long as he can go on Sunday I don't care.  The bonus is it gives Ford even more practice time at RT (because he needs it).

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, eball said:

I have a feeling we'll see this all year...Nsekhe will only practice once or twice a week and get lots of rest days...and as long as he can go on Sunday I don't care.  The bonus is it gives Ford even more practice time at RT (because he needs it).

The concern this week is that it’s labelled as an ankle injury and DNP 2 days. Most weeks he’s just had one rest day. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

The concern this week is that it’s labelled as an ankle injury and DNP 2 days. Most weeks he’s just had one rest day. 

Wasn't last week the first time he didn't hobble off the field?  His old legs are very tired.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

3 minutes ago, GG said:

Wasn't last week the first time he didn't hobble off the field?  His old legs are very tired.

Yeah, I think he's a gamer, though.  He doesn't want to miss time after finally getting his shot.

On 10/2/2019 at 8:56 AM, DuckyBoys said:

This post had me laughing my ass off...

”I'm very curious to know, on a molecular level, what the hell Frank Gore is made of. He's about 6 years past his expiration date and he's on pace for just under 1,100 yards. At 36. I mean wtf...?” ???

• Awesome! (+1) 1