Week 5: Bills (+2.5) at Titans

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, RememberTheRockpile said:

Well TitansPerspective, or should I call you Callidus? I was thinking perhaps you might want to add some perspective to your fellow Titans fans. One poster named Number9 makes a fundamental mistake:

Well no they are not. The Bills have given up a total of 63 points including a pick 6, blocked punt, and a safety. They have only given up 47 points on defense or 11.75/game.

Another poster named Justafan seems a bit in denial with these to remarks concerning Bradys recent performance against the Bills:

You might want to inform him that Bradys regular season passer rating from 2017 thru 2019 is 99.9. For the same time period against the Bills it is 73.9. You may also want to inform him over this same time period against the Bills Brady has thrown for 3 TD's against 5 interceptions. "Brady had an off day" my a$$.

And finally who is I presume you:

First. In the predict the score thread with 59 responses (not including the not serious 169 to 5 and 62 to 5 scores) the average prediction is the Bills at 21.1 and the Titans at 13.4. Of the 59 responses only 8 predicted the Bills scoring 28 or more points and I am not sure the 30+ points for the Bills are even serious. 

What we have is arguably a better defense. We also have a QB with a higher ceiling that has not played 16 games and is prone to turnovers. We also have a QB that in his short career has engineered something like 4 come from behind 4th quarter comebacks. 

If Allen plays mistake free football and Singletary is good to go, a big if, I can see the Bills hanging 4 TD's on the Titans. I think the Bills defense will shut down the Titans offense and will limit them to 10 or less points. 

Nice job calling this DB out. He comes on here acting like he’s a fan that wants to have genuine and open discussion, but then runs backs home and talks smack about us to his buddies. Troll. 

56 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Nice job calling this DB out. He comes on here acting like he’s a fan that wants to have genuine and open discussion, but then runs backs home and talks smack about us to his buddies. Troll. 

Some people need to get a life. I mean, I’m here WAY TOO MUCH, but I’m a Bills fan. I’m not going to an opponents site just to stir the pot. If you want to check out what they’re saying, maybe converse a bit, that’s one thing. But some guys just get their kicks by going too far. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

I hoped the Bills would beat the Pats as much as anybody.

However, putting my eggs in the basket of beating arguable the greatest team of all time, with the greatest ten year win total of all time, tied with the most super bowl victories of all time, with the greatest player of all time (yeah, its OK to say it), coached by the greatest coach of all time, with the best defensive start of all time seems like a fools errand, or betting a coin toss will land on its side.

...but this week?

You lose this game and you have problems.  

I like Barkley a lot but I would still rather have my starting QB going on the road this weekend.

This one is so very big for the season.

...dammit.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

4 hours ago, RememberTheRockpile said:

Well TitansPerspective, or should I call you Callidus? I was thinking perhaps you might want to add some perspective to your fellow Titans fans. One poster named Number9 makes a fundamental mistake:

Well no they are not. The Bills have given up a total of 63 points including a pick 6, blocked punt, and a safety. They have only given up 47 points on defense or 11.75/game.

Another poster named Justafan seems a bit in denial with these to remarks concerning Bradys recent performance against the Bills:

You might want to inform him that Bradys regular season passer rating from 2017 thru 2019 is 99.9. For the same time period against the Bills it is 73.9. You may also want to inform him over this same time period against the Bills Brady has thrown for 3 TD's against 5 interceptions. "Brady had an off day" my a$$.

And finally who is I presume you:

First. In the predict the score thread with 59 responses (not including the not serious 169 to 5 and 62 to 5 scores) the average prediction is the Bills at 21.1 and the Titans at 13.4. Of the 59 responses only 8 predicted the Bills scoring 28 or more points and I am not sure the 30+ points for the Bills are even serious. 

What we have is arguably a better defense. We also have a QB with a higher ceiling that has not played 16 games and is prone to turnovers. We also have a QB that in his short career has engineered something like 4 come from behind 4th quarter comebacks. 

If Allen plays mistake free football and Singletary is good to go, a big if, I can see the Bills hanging 4 TD's on the Titans. I think the Bills defense will shut down the Titans offense and will limit them to 10 or less points. 

First off your right thats me.

As for the guys on titans report, it is all over the place and its hard 2 judge from one post 2 the next who is being serious and about what. Hell we got a guy who pretends to be jeff fisher. I would ignore most of what 9 says he is notoriously salty to the point i pointed out mcnair holds the nfl record for times shot by your gf. So ya, im in the same boat as the rest of them.

I do try to make reasonable judgments when actually talking fb tho.

There is not doubt amongst titans fans that your d is elite, when they said brady had a bad game I don't belive that was a knock on you.

Our guys guessing the score is about thr same but backwards, but isn't that to be expected, we both see each other as a good defense and a all over the place offense.

Your qb might have a higher ceiling but it dosnt change who he is now. Mariota is cringe worthy cautious and Allen is erratic.

I would say that is a wash but in a game I expect 2 bo so low scoring I would talk the guy who is most likely to not turn it over.

I dont see you puting up 28 on us, i stand by my original assumption of arround 13-10 or 17-10.

Any way gl.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, TitansPerspective said:

First off your right thats me.

As for the guys on titans report, it is all over the place and its hard 2 judge from one post 2 the next who is being serious and about what. Hell we got a guy who pretends to be jeff fisher. I would ignore most of what 9 says he is notoriously salty to the point i pointed out mcnair holds the nfl record for times shot by your gf. So ya, im in the same boat as the rest of them.

I do try to make reasonable judgments when actually talking fb tho.

There is not doubt amongst titans fans that your d is elite, when they said brady had a bad game I don't belive that was a knock on you.

Our guys guessing the score is about thr same but backwards, but isn't that to be expected, we both see each other as a good defense and a all over the place offense.

Your qb might have a higher ceiling but it dosnt change who he is now. Mariota is cringe worthy cautious and Allen is erratic.

I would say that is a wash but in a game I expect 2 bo so low scoring I would talk the guy who is most likely to not turn it over.

I dont see you puting up 28 on us, i stand by my original assumption of arround 13-10 or 17-10.

Any way gl.

...fair enough....so we'll play it on Sunday...............I'm thinking Bflo 17-14 with Money's FG being the decider.....stay tuned.....

1 hour ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Meh, I would hardly say I was talking *****. Some joking banter sure. I was expecting this place 2 be as deplorable as our board but it seems rational. And i stand by right now allen is as bad as mariota. You can dislike my take on that but that dosnt make me a troll.

Im sure you guys have had fun talking crap about other fan bases on here without intentionally distoring your stance out of spite...

15 minutes ago, TitansPerspective said:

Meh, I would hardly say I was talking *****. Some joking banter sure. I was expecting this place 2 be as deplorable as our board but it seems rational. And i stand by right now allen is as bad as mariota. You can dislike my take on that but that dosnt make me a troll.

Im sure you guys have had fun talking crap about other fan bases on here without intentionally distoring your stance out of spite...

Go away.

A good group of respectful fans engages you, and you wanna make fun of it. Bye Felicia.

Titans remind me of the Bills in 2017  They want a game script to be up a few turnovers and play it safe get  lead than pound the rock w Henry.  I just dont see either team getting much above 20 pts.  Seems like the Titans are due to cough the ball up a few times and were due for a cleaner game

I'm received some bad news today. A friend of mine pays for NFL picks from a service. I think he paid about $800 for a seasons worth of picks. So far the picks he's been given have gone 22-5, so not too bad. Every weeks worth of picks has a their BIG RED HOT play. It's the one where you're supposed to bet the most money on, something like triple of your normal bet. And these big red hots hit about 85% of the time. And this week is the Titans. I was already a little worried about a hangover from the Patriots. Normally when a team outplays the opponent and still loses, for whatever reason, they don't play as well the following week.  The Titans are a hard team to figure out though. Obviously anything can happen. Hopefully this game falls into the 15% of red hot losers.