Week 5: Bills (+2.5) at Titans

YoloinOhio

49 minutes ago, Augie said:

I have to keep reminding myself they are basically returning TWO starters on offense. THAT is crazy stuff!  I hope it just continues to get better. 

And the D is the opposite with one new starter, who also happens to be our first round pick.  Also, our coach is a D guy.  Can't figure out why the O isn't as good at the D right now... :D  :beer: 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

My expectation is that an offense scores more than 21 points in the modern NFL, regardless of the team’s history. We need to stop comparing our current team to the previous Buffalo Bills seasons and start comparing them to the rest of the league. After all, that’s who we are competing against. 

As as far as Barkley is concerned, I’m not all that convinced their will be a drop off in production from that of Allen. 

Literally the average in the league is 21 points per game. Asking the backup QB to lead an average offensive attack is pretty normal... on the other hand expecting above average play from a backup QB is asinine. 

?

7 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Yes for sure. Although we’ve put in many new pieces, it seems like they’re yet to click. 

I find it extremely frustrating that our defense can be so buttoned up and sound, while the offense burns times outs, lines up wrong and takes unnecessary penalties all while we can’t stop killing our selves with correctable mistakes on ST. 

McDermott’s attention to detail on defense is clearly evident. They are a thorough and cohesive unit. They always seem well prepared in 2019. It seems unusual that he’d allow such careless mistakes to hurt their team in the other phases. 

Maybe this is talent related, or possibly experience and/or coaching. Either way, I hope he gets them cleaned up. I'm not asking for 35 points every game, but at least give us a chance to be competitive by limiting those avoidable mistakes. 

You didn't. The other poster that I quoted in my initial post that you responded to projected at 24-21 loss to TEN despite an offensive effort that exceeds expectations. I was trying to explain that I didn't think 21 points should be considered exceeding expectations. 

The defense returned ten starters. Theres what, seven new guys on offense?

17 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

The defense returned ten starters. Theres what, seven new guys on offense?

Being new to the Bills doesnt mean they're new to football. I get the need to "gel" with your unit to be as effective as we'd like to see them,  but some of the mistakes that are hurting them are basics. 

P.s.I know I'm being critical but it's be opinion that a fan is afforded that choice. Its okay to want and hope and expect better for your team 

6 hours ago, MrSarcasm said:

Literally the average in the league is 21 points per game. Asking the backup QB to lead an average offensive attack is pretty normal... on the other hand expecting above average play from a backup QB is asinine. 

?

Is it? 

Gardner Minshew, Kyle Allen, Mason Rudoloh, Daniel Jones, all guys who started the year as back ups and have come in to play well. This isn't Brady we're possibly playing without. 

Modern NFL offenses are capable of designing and incorporating schemes and plays to maximize the strengths of their players.

As of now, I don't see this team missing much of a beat without Allen. There are other correctable issues this team could benefit from that would vastly improve their chances at victory that has nothing to do with who is under center.

9 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Being new to the Bills doesnt mean they're new to football. I get the need to "gel" with your unit to be as effective as we'd like to see them,  but some of the mistakes that are hurting them are basics. 

P.s.I know I'm being critical but it's be opinion that a fan is afforded that choice. Its okay to want and hope and expect better for your team 

Well, when 4 of those new guys are on the OL, that tends to put a damper on things. You're allowed to be critical. I don't have concerns with legitimate, nonrepetitive criticism.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Is it? 

Gardner Minshew, Kyle Allen, Mason Rudoloh, Daniel Jones, all guys who started the year as back ups and have come in to play well. This isn't Brady we're possibly playing without. 

Modern NFL offenses are capable of designing and incorporating schemes and plays to maximize the strengths of their players.

As of now, I don't see this team missing much of a beat without Allen. There are other correctable issues this team could benefit from that would vastly improve their chances at victory that has nothing to do with who is under center.

Gardner Minshew just played the Titans, his team scored 20 points....

?

So weather.com since yesterday, dropped the rain changes from 80% to 60%.  It also went from heavy rain/thunderstorms likely to scattered thunderstorms.

60% still means a better chance than not but if it keeps trending down....might be able to avoid rain or at least heavy rain.

I've been following it a lot since I'm going to the game.  I really don't want it to because on a wet surface, you don't get to see these players at their best because of the conditions.

image.thumb.png.5bf9af046c6051710ba784ce633bf61b.png

2 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

if you mean what uni's they are wearing, blue on white

Yeah, man, I'm trying to sound worldly.  "Kit" is what the English kickball teams call their uniforms.

• Like (+1) 1