Week 5: Bills (+2.5) at Titans

YoloinOhio

On 10/1/2019 at 9:46 PM, DuckyBoys said:

I read some of the game thread from Titans board  Seems like both fanbases not sold on their  respective offense.  This game especially if Barkley starts may require no doz to sit through.  Could be a repeat of last year with lots of punting

Oh Gawd no.  If there's lots of punting we're doomed

On 9/30/2019 at 10:30 AM, TroutDog said:

Not sure if I understand this. Barkley left a lot on the field yesterday, too. 

I’ll take Josh over him every time. I think that, while they said all the right things in the lead up to last week (just another game), the reality is they knew the gravity of that game. That, I suspect, got into Josh’s head. 

Just my opinion. 

What got into Josh's head was Belicheck****

Barkley has his plusses and his minuses.  He is more likely to take what the defense gives him, which Josh did not do.  But he's a more limited QB and doesn't have that run dimension to his game, so unless there's a great game plan, a great D will be able to shut down what he can do and neutralize him more easily.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, TitansPerspective said:

Taking a look at our forum ehh...

He seems 2 be a good coach outside a qestionable call every now and then. Going for it on forth up by 14 with 11min left from the 30ish.....

No I mean he actually a meat head. Lots of stories about him from his days playing and coaching in Columbus. And as a person in general. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

On 9/30/2019 at 9:59 AM, Stank_Nasty said:

Another big challenge for either offense....

bills rank 2nd in total yds allowed. titans are 14th

bills are 5th in points allowed. titans are 4th

bills are 7th in 3rd down %. titans 6th.

gonna be a tough one.

Question to which I don't know the answer.  In these stats, when they rank a D on "points allowed", do they include points actually given up by ST or offense (blocked punts or ints for Pick 6)?

16 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Question to which I don't know the answer.  In these stats, when they rank a D on "points allowed", do they include points actually given up by ST or offense (blocked punts or ints for Pick 6)?

Yes. They include the 2 TD's (pick 6 and blocked punt) and the safety the Bills have given up.

8 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Trot Barkley out to start and then have Josh run out of the smoking tunnel to Dio's Stand up and Shout before the next play.

Fireworks

Shocked look on Barkley's face 

(And everyone else's face)

(Except mine)

It would be quite the feat if they were able to pull that stunt off at a road game.

40 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Unfortunately they do include the non-offensive points. 

Take those out and the d is actually allowing 11 a game. Just nasty. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Unfortunately they do include the non-offensive points. 

Take those out and the d is actually allowing 11 a game. Just nasty. 

That's a bummer.  What about a pick 6 or a fumble recovery for TD? 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

No I mean he actually a meat head. Lots of stories about him from his days playing and coaching in Columbus. And as a person in general. 

Yeah he roomed with my brother in law so I heard a lot about him before his Patriots days.    Definitely colors my opinion of his suitability to be an NFL HC but that kinda' proves how little that stuff matters.   

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

No arm tackling this weekend - the Titans are the most physical offense we’ve faced this year and Henry is a real power back.  Need to get over the New England hangover ASAP and be ready for a physical game.

He isn't a power back like Lynch or anything. He almost always falls forward for positive yards. but he dosnt start trucking ppl till he picks up steam. If you let him get the edge or 2 the 2nd lvl up the middle he will make you pay. However if you ger to him around the line or behind it he dosn't break many tackles.

Edit: He is basicly a 250 pound Chris Johnson with a scary still arm.

Edited by TitansPerspective
  • Like (+1) 1

Prediction

Bills 24

Other guys 14

Josh Plays but they go heavy Run with Singletary and Gore limiting Josh's exposure to contact.  

I am so confident I think I am picking the Bills in on of my Survivor leagues

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, TitansPerspective said:

He isn't a power back like Lynch or anything. He almost always falls forward for positive yards. but he dosnt start trucking ppl till he picks up steam. If you let him get the edge or 2 the 2nd lvl up the middle he will make you pay. However if you ger to him around the line or behind it he dosn't break many tackles.

Edit: He is basicly a 250 pound Chris Johnson with a scary still arm.

He's an odd player - you're right that he doesn't break tackles in the backfield too often and seems to trip over his own feet at times - but he hits the hole hard and once he gets into the second level he's tough to bring down at that point.  

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh Gawd no.  If there's lots of punting we're doomed

What got into Josh's head was Belicheck****

Barkley has his plusses and his minuses.  He is more likely to take what the defense gives him, which Josh did not do.  But he's a more limited QB and doesn't have that run dimension to his game, so unless there's a great game plan, a great D will be able to shut down what he can do and neutralize him more easily.

I don't see any reason why it'd be easier to shut down Barkley than it would be to shut down Allen.

Put any kind of pressure on Allen & cover his first read, and he starts running around almost without fail. DB's will be chomping at the bit to look good & pad their stats and will be looking for easy picks all day. 

Sure, Allen CAN make a few runs & extend plays, but he's just as likely to take a dumb sack or lob it into 3 defenders instead of throwing the ball away, just because he panics. 

Teams really haven't had trouble stopping Allen from rushing this year. He's good for a couple good runs a game, but nothing insane. He's averaging 7 rushes & 32 yards a game, good for just over 4 yards a carry this season. Sure, that's more than some QB's, but it's nothing spectacular, as teams have pretty much figured out it's worth being aggressive against him as he'll rarely punish you unless there's actual broken coverage downfield. 

Again, he CAN do some good things extending plays, but someone like Barkley is more likely to make you pay being that aggressive, as he knows how to read a defense & can adjust presnap to coming pressure. 

Just look at last year for example, Barkley was picked up off the streets, had barely any time to get up to speed with the playbook, had no chemistry with anyone and put out our best offensive performance of the year, destroying the Jets 41-10 on the road. Only 3 games later we got the 3-9 Jets at home, and Allen struggled to do anything, resorting to playing RB all game & just hoping for the best when passing. Made it EASIER for the Jets to deal with him since they knew he couldn't do much through the air. 

14 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I don't see any reason why it'd be easier to shut down Barkley than it would be to shut down Allen.

Put any kind of pressure on Allen & cover his first read, and he starts running around almost without fail. DB's will be chomping at the bit to look good & pad their stats and will be looking for easy picks all day. 

Sure, Allen CAN make a few runs & extend plays, but he's just as likely to take a dumb sack or lob it into 3 defenders instead of throwing the ball away, just because he panics. 

Teams really haven't had trouble stopping Allen from rushing this year. He's good for a couple good runs a game, but nothing insane. He's averaging 7 rushes & 32 yards a game, good for just over 4 yards a carry this season. Sure, that's more than some QB's, but it's nothing spectacular, as teams have pretty much figured out it's worth being aggressive against him as he'll rarely punish you unless there's actual broken coverage downfield. 

Again, he CAN do some good things extending plays, but someone like Barkley is more likely to make you pay being that aggressive, as he knows how to read a defense & can adjust presnap to coming pressure. 

Just look at last year for example, Barkley was picked up off the streets, had barely any time to get up to speed with the playbook, had no chemistry with anyone and put out our best offensive performance of the year, destroying the Jets 41-10 on the road. Only 3 games later we got the 3-9 Jets at home, and Allen struggled to do anything, resorting to playing RB all game & just hoping for the best when passing. Made it EASIER for the Jets to deal with him since they knew he couldn't do much through the air. 

This is a super knee jerk analysis.  Outside of the pats game, this is not an accurate scouting of JA thus far. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

No arm tackling this weekend - the Titans are the most physical offense we’ve faced this year and Henry is a real power back.  Need to get over the New England hangover ASAP and be ready for a physical game.

Aye, Henry is the type of back that used to gash us. Need to shut him down and make mariota throw on third and long. He will make mistakes.