Josh Allen 2019 Regular Season at 58.8% Completion Percentage

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I think it's the DBs, because everyone in college looks good deep. Tebow used to light people up like that.  You have to be accurate with it in the NFL because coverage is better. He played in a super weak conference too.

I agree; however in college, he was hitting tight windows on his deep balls in traffic.  Wasn't like WRs were as wide open as some of the Bills WRs have been on some of his deep throws.  Coaches need to figure out why he's constantly overthrowing roughly 5 yards on most of the deep balls.

Still dealing with drops. Not as bad as last year but Knox took a TD away and about 30 yards today. Guys have seemed to step up when needed this year for the most part though. One of the big reasons for the improved completion percentage.

Edited by Luka

2 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

I agree; however in college, he was hitting tight windows on his deep balls in traffic.  Wasn't like WRs were as wide open as some of the Bills WRs have been on some of his deep throws.  Coaches need to figure out why he's constantly overthrowing roughly 5 yards on most of the deep balls.

The coaches are probably coaching him to avoid turnovers. Put a little more on the throws is the safer play. I think he finds the balance.

On 9/29/2019 at 1:50 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

62.4% at 7.0 YPA.

For those keeping track.

4th game was a massive regression. Allen just looked rattled the entire game.

Big bounce back against the Titans. Other than the horrible Interception he was really good.

Weird game against Miami but Allen is showing he's pretty clutch late in the game.

F Grant Gordon from nfl.com

53 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't understand what's going on with Allen's deep ball.

I thought last year he was fairly accurate on his deep passes.

This year he's just awful on them. Always overthrowing his guys.

On the flip side, we've seen significant improvement on all his other passes.

Knox needs to get out of his own head.

Allen was inaccurate on 30+ yard passes last year as well. I just don't think he has developed that part of his game at the pro level yet. 

• Like (+1) 1

An aspect of completion percentage that may make the results a little biased is the inclusion of throw away passes.   If the receivers aren’t open or the QB is under pressure, then throwing it away is often the smart decision. Josh is learning to throw it away, but he still tries to run for it or force it in too often. 

Today there was a screen play that the Dolphins had covered.  A veteran QB would throw the ball at the feet of the intended receiver. Josh ran for it for no gain. By running, that play doesn’t add to his incompletion percentage, but maybe he should have thrown it into the ground and lived with the incomplete pass. Less chance for injury, and less energy expended.

The flip side is that he might have been able to make yardage by running, but in this case there were many Dolphins in the area. It was unlikely that he would make yardage, and he might have gotten himself hurt. 

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

We went from hating Tyrod for protecting the ball and not making mistakes to praising Allen for playing the same way. ?‍♂️

If you wanna be simple with it, sure.... how about some context though. How many times did Tyrod end hot and bring the bills back? Were you ever confident with him at the helm while were down late in a game?

i feel like you are better than this. Unless you are being overly simple just for the sake of argument 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 4

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

If you wanna be simple with it, sure.... how about some context though. How many times did Tyrod end hot and bring the bills back? We you every confident with him at the helm while were down late in a game?

i feel like you are better than this. Unless you are being overly simple just for the sake of argument 

Tools gonna tool.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

We went from hating Tyrod for protecting the ball and not making mistakes to praising Allen for playing the same way.

kidding

kinda ?‍♂️

except throwing for TDs in the 4th QTR, Allen is just like Tyrod...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This is fine and all, but as someone pointed out in another thread, 62.4% is good for 24th among passers.  Add in that he's 25th in ypa and he's still got a long way to go as a passer.

60% is the bare minimum in this era of the NFL, it shouldn't be considered a milestone.

Just now, KD in CA said:

This is fine and all, but as someone pointed out in another thread, 62.4% is good for 24th among passers.  Add in that he's 25th in ypa and he's still got a long way to go as a passer.

60% is the bare minimum in this era of the NFL, it shouldn't be considered a milestone.

The point of this thread is to rub the facts in the noses of those who said he'd never be better than a 50% passer.

Ya know?

9 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

except throwing for TDs in the 4th QTR, Allen is just like Tyrod...

If he'd have put together 4th quarter scoring drives every week, I suspect most here would have been fine with Tyrod.

Allen (17 games) and Tyrod (67 games) each have 4 career fourth quarter comebacks.  

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

The point of this thread is to rub the facts in the noses of those who said he'd never be better than a 50% passer.

Ya know?

Oh, sorry!  :lol:

Edited by KD in CA
  • Haha (+1) 1