Josh Allen in concussion protocol: Update cleared 10/5

YoloinOhio

If Allen plays Titans will blitz all day long

and our oline has been tragic against the Blitz, and so has Allen. If Dabboll doesn't improve his playcalling we aren't winning this game. So far he hasn't shown anything to me that he knows how to develop a young QB correctly. He is calling the offense like he has Brady or Brees back there. Allen is not that type of QB. If it wasn't for our defense Dabboll would have got flamed for his abysmal play calling vs the Jets 

35 minutes ago, GG said:

How do you define "playing better overall?" 

After the opening second half drive TD, Allen led a five play drive that lost 3 yards, followed by a drive of three plays with a horrible INT.   On the drive Allen got hurt, Bills drove 20 yards until the drive effectively stalled (If there are no offsetting penalties, it's 4 & 1 at the 37).  The real movement on that drive was done mostly by Barkley, who accounted for 39 of the 59 yards on that drive.  After that, Pats* blitzed every down knowing that Bills had no choice but to pass.

2nd half:

Allen = TD (only one surrendered by Pats D) and we were on the move a second time before he got hurt.  Josh is amongst the leaders in the NFL in 4th quarter rating and seems to always be stronger in the 2nd half.

Barkley = Turnovers on Downs, missed critical completions on poor throws, and a game ending INT.

Not saying Allen was crushing it in the 2nd half...but bottom line is once Daboll started getting Knox and Yeldon involved in the 2nd half, things overall got better for the offense compared to the first half where Daboll was trying to throw for 3rd down completions while using DiMarco and Gore out wide as the only receivers on the left side.  A half where he continuously called a lot of deep routes rather than focus on giving Allen more options underneath to help get him in a rhythm sooner.

I like Barkley, really happy he is our backup and I have confidence in him.  But his second half mistakes were as costly as anyone else's that game.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

That's doesn't make any sense?  I thought a player could not participate in full practices unless they were cleared?

The final stage of the protocol is regular practice activity, followed by an assessment.  Josh will be assessed tomorrow for concussion symptoms, following today's activities.  If he has no concussion symptoms, then he will be cleared to play.

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It’s strange that we never brought up or in another qb. That’s really taking a chance that Allen will be cleared. It’s actually probably irresponsible to not have at least brought Webb up just Incase 

They have until 4:00 tomorrow to bring up Webb.  No rush. 

29 minutes ago, Putin said:

I just saw on ESPN that Barkley will start on Sunday 

You didn't read it in full.  The crawler said "Josh Allen still in concussion protocol.  Matt Barkley will start if Allen is unable to play."  

Gosh...the reading comprehension on this board leaves a great deal to be desired.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

You didn't read it in full.  The crawler said "Josh Allen still in concussion protocol.  Matt Barkley will start if Allen is unable to play."  

Gosh...the reading comprehension on this board leaves a great deal to be desired.

so now ESPN is the dispenser of pure truth?

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I would counter and say that I dont know how anyone watched last Sundays game and did not see how the offense was playing better overall in the 2nd half when Daboll finally pulled his head out of his a**.  Daboll was terrible in the first half.

We started out the game with those same kind of plays on the first couple of drives, but Josh badly missed on short passes to guys wide open.  Maybe he connects on a few of those and it's a different story?

Did Daboll call the play for Josh to hold on to the ball and then hop off his back foot and lob it into the air resulting in an easy pick?  Was Daboll yelling at Josh to use his head because he was calling bad plays?

I WILL criticize Daboll however for not giving Gore a couple carries on that last drive.  Very well could have broken one.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Personally, not a fan of concussions and the affect it can have on one’s brain.  I don’t want him getting his head smashed in 1 week after getting his head smashed in.  He’s too important.  One game off then a bye week.  

I get that...but what if he gets his head smashed in 3 weeks from now?  I think if he is cleared, he's cleared.  I guess that is what all the debate is about.  If a player is cleared, they are cleared.  I don't think it matters, if the symptoms are gone and a player is cleared, if that player waits 1 or 3 weeks to play.

7 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

And then they blame “the media”

• Thank you (+1) 1