TNF 8:20pm : Eagles (1-2) @ Packers (3-0)

whatdrought

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

These guys absolutely don't care about CTE or helmet to helmet hits.

After all that has been made known, they are still drilling their colleagues in the head with their helmets.

They care about it after they are done playing it appears. 

Just now, SirAndrew said:

They automatically get better once Brady retires. I hear you about paying Mahomes, but elite QB’s win titles these days. Other positions can be managed on a budget with a decent front office. 

Odds are that the team will likely have some off years (only making the division round) once Mahomes gets paid and they have to compromise on other aspects of their roster. But then once they manage the cap hit and take a year or two to rebuild the roster they will be back in contention. It all starts and ends with a QB and you keep your amazing QB at all costs. Hopefully we are talking about Josh that way soon. 

Just now, SirAndrew said:

They automatically get better once Brady retires. I hear you about paying Mahomes, but elite QB’s win titles these days. Other positions can be managed on a budget with a decent front office. 

I think the barrier is that Reid is running the show... If Mahomes grows into it and starts having more freedom I'll believe it, but Andy Reid is historic in his ability to do just enough to lose. Don't get me wrong. Mahomes is a SB winning QB... I just don't if Reid is a SB winning coach. 

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

Kind of similar to Peyton's Indy run in the mid-00's. The team and his play were so good that eventually one year they would win it. Mahomes is a freaking cheat code. Just completely unreal. I think he at least gets one title by the time it is all done esp since he has 2 more years on his rookie deal which makes the Chiefs able to keep talent around him longer. 

Peyton's had more to do with his running the offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

Kind of similar to Peyton's Indy run in the mid-00's. The team and his play were so good that eventually one year they would win it. Mahomes is a freaking cheat code. Just completely unreal. I think he at least gets one title by the time it is all done esp since he has 2 more years on his rookie deal which makes the Chiefs able to keep talent around him longer. 

The Manning comparison is perfect. A title just seems inevitable if a QB can play at a historically elite level over a long career, regardless of the coaching staff. 

Just now, whatdrought said:

I think the barrier is that Reid is running the show... If Mahomes grows into it and starts having more freedom I'll believe it, but Andy Reid is historic in his ability to do just enough to lose. Don't get me wrong. Mahomes is a SB winning QB... I just don't if Reid is a SB winning coach. 

Mahomes is smart enough to take over the offense more and more as he gets more starts. Peyton wasn't Peyton his first few years. I think Reid is underrated as a coach but has weak points to his game. However I think Mahomes is just so unreal that he can win despite only having a good not great coach. I never really liked Dungy as a coach esp for Peyton but he was good enough. 

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Also ^ I'm not going to the mats to say it won't happen, just that I haven't seen anything from Reid that says he isn't gonna screw his team when the chips are down. I have a friend who is an Eagle friend and he said they used to count on Reid doing something dumb to block their success. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan89 said:

Mahomes is smart enough to take over the offense more and more as he gets more starts. Peyton wasn't Peyton his first few years. I think Reid is underrated as a coach but has weak points to his game. However I think Mahomes is just so unreal that he can win despite only having a good not great coach. I never really liked Dungy as a coach esp for Peyton but he was good enough. 

I can definitely see that happening. I just can't shake the image of Reid scratching his ass with his extra timeouts as Brady marched all over his gassed D in the championship game. 

I think Dungy was the perfect coach for Manning. He got decent performances out of the D (though they were never great) and let Manning do his thing. 

The problem with the colts was defense. If a team contained Manning a bit they were in trouble. It’s why the Pats and Ravens gave them issues. 

Just now, Buffalo Junction said:

The problem with the colts was defense. If a team contained Manning a bit they were in trouble. It’s why the Pats and Ravens gave them issues. 

That and overall team building. Really hard to see how they couldn't have been as dominant as the Patriots all those year... Manning also had some big game issues throughout his career. 

I truly understand why you feel that way about Reid. Mahomes is just historically unstoppable right now. If Dee Ford lines up on side, Reid is in the Super Bowl last year. Peyton definitely had more to do with offense, but that also means Reid is responsible for much of the elite Chiefs offense. That should be a testament to Reid’s ability. Only Bill Belichick really stands in his way. Most of the NFL can say the same. 

K- I’m counting all the Wentz throws tonigt that Allen haters would point at as him having problems

1)there’s 1 at 7:50 in the first quarter ... and the next play right after that too quick to run... man we dodged a bullet not trading up to get this guy

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

That and overall team building. Really hard to see how they couldn't have been as dominant as the Patriots all those year... Manning also had some big game issues throughout his career. 

That small Tampa 2 defense without a dominant DT and MLB. The one year they got great DT play they got a ring. 

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

seriously?  Ask his teammates

I mean, sure, if you want to take the word of "unnamed sources" within the team, as opposed to the dozens of teammates who came to his defense publicly... 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2816841-report-carson-wentz-described-as-selfish-qb-fails-to-take-accountability

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

K- I’m counting all the Wentz throws tonigt that Allen haters would point at as him having problems there’s 1 at 7:50 in the first quarter ... and the next play right after that would’ve been too quick to run...

Allen's fine.

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I mean, sure, if you want to take the word of "unnamed sources" within the team, as opposed to the dozens of teammates who came to his defense publicly... 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2816841-report-carson-wentz-described-as-selfish-qb-fails-to-take-accountability

You're right....EVERY NFL QB has that happen to him.

Keep searching:

https://sports.yahoo.com/carson-wentz-admits-better-teammate-vows-learn-anonymous-report-143700059.html

https://deadspin.com/carson-wentzs-teammates-either-love-him-or-despise-him-1831927911

https://dailycaller.com/2019/09/04/carson-wentz-teammates-bonding-dinner/

Edited by Mr. WEO

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

K- I’m counting all the Wentz throws tonigt that Allen haters would point at as him having problems

1)there’s 1 at 7:50 in the first quarter ... and the next play right after that too quick to run... man we dodged a bullet not trading up to get this guy

If I was a GM , I'd take Allen over Wentz without hesitation. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Let's go one by one here:

1 - He says he can be a better teammate, so thus the unnamed reports are obviously correct... That's your argument here?

2 - Same source article that I referenced- unnamed sources from a philly based site that has been refuted widely. 

3 - Buying dinner for his WR's / having them to his house during the offseason proves that he's making up for being a bad teammate? 

4 - Same as 1. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Schwartz as HC and Hue as OC 

I just threw up in my mouth a little. 

I loved Schwartz as an DC and thought we shoulda gotten an Offensive HC and kept him, but he's not a HC type of guy... 

The Eagles do look like garbage, but I am super curios about how good this Packers team will be....

Devante is my Fantasy WR, so keep feeding him please.

Edited by whatdrought