TNF 8:20pm : Eagles (1-2) @ Packers (3-0)

whatdrought

Just now, whatdrought said:

I just threw up in my mouth a little. 

I loved Schwartz as an DC and thought we shoulda gotten an Offensive HC and kept him, but he's not a HC type of guy... 

To be fair I think a lot of it was a result of “Rex hate” but supposedly if the pegulas had gone with Schwartz, he was bringing Hue as OC and that looked like a great idea compared to the Ryan circus 

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Let's go one by one here:

1 - He says he can be a better teammate, so thus the unnamed reports are obviously correct... That's your argument here?

2 - Same source article that I referenced- unnamed sources from a philly based site that has been refuted widely. 

3 - Buying dinner for his WR's / having them to his house during the offseason proves that he's making up for being a bad teammate? 

4 - Same as 1. 

It's not just my argument.  If those comments never came out, he would not have felt compelled to make a grand show mom taking guys out for dinner.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

To be fair I think a lot of it was a result of “Rex hate” but supposedly if the pegulas had gone with Schwartz, he was bringing Hue as OC and that looked like a great idea compared to the Ryan circus 

Hue was a worse OC than HC.

Rex was Whaley's choice and he told the pegulas so, in no uncertain terms---by his own account.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Hue was Doug Whaley's choice.  Many posters said over and over that "Whaklye never got to pick his HC".  LOL

Remember Whaley fans?

I didn’t mind the guy. I think the best summary of his tenure was: good at finding talent but not at building teams. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's not just my argument.  If those comments never came out, he would not have felt compelled to make a grand show mom taking guys out for dinner.

QB's take teammates out for dinner and such stuff all the time. This feels like a giant stretch to me. If that report doesn't exist, we never hear about the dinner. And even if he did it because of the report, it doesn't mean the report is accurate- it could be that he wanted to make sure that nobody had issues with him. 

Again, I point to the fact that the report is 100% unverified and widely denied. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Hue was a worse OC than HC.

Rex was Whaley's choice and he told the pegulas so, in no uncertain terms---by his own account.

I don't think this is true at all.  I don't remember a quote like this from Whaley, or anywhere else.  Where did you get this?

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I didn’t mind the guy. I think the best summary of his tenure was: good at finding talent but not at building teams. 

What technically counted as the Whaley era, and who comes to mind when you reference the talent that he found?

1 minute ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Absolutely. Add a dominant DT or Mike to that unit and they’d have gotten another ring. Particularly when they still had a healthy Bob Sanders. 

That one day. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I just threw up in my mouth a little. 

I loved Schwartz as an DC and thought we shoulda gotten an Offensive HC and kept him, but he's not a HC type of guy... 

The Eagles do look like garbage, but I am super curios about how good this Packers team will be....

Devante is my Fantasy WR, so keep feeding him please.

Well, they beat the Bears and Vikings while still getting adjusted on offense. The potential is there. Gonna be fun to see. If they get the O sorted and find an identity they have super bowl talent. 

Just now, whatdrought said:

QB's take teammates out for dinner and such stuff all the time. This feels like a giant stretch to me. If that report doesn't exist, we never hear about the dinner. And even if he did it because of the report, it doesn't mean the report is accurate- it could be that he wanted to make sure that nobody had issues with him. 

Again, I point to the fact that the report is 100% unverified and widely denied. 

He took the players out in response to the comments....

'Don't believe me?  Listen to Carson Wentz:

“I know who I am, first of all. I know how I carry myself. I know I’m not perfect. I know I have flaws,” he said during a sit-down with a small group of reporters at the Eagles’ practice facility recently. “So I’m not going to sit here and say it was inaccurate and completely made up. I’m not going to do that.

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

You know, I never thought the NFL would get to the point where a prime-time game between the Eagles and Packers would bore the living ***** out of me.  But here we are.  

I think Thursday night NFL games just aren't meant to be.  Only Thursday games should be on Thanksgiving. 

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I don't think this is true at all.  I don't remember a quote like this from Whaley, or anywhere else.  Where did you get this?

From Doug Whaley.  He went on and on and on about "how do you know/. you just know" then went on to comparing to couples who just KNOW they have found the right spouse.  And he rapsodized about how he and Rex would "complete each other's sentences"

I don't know how you missed all this back then

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

He took the players out in response to the comments....

'Don't believe me?  Listen to Carson Wentz:

“I know who I am, first of all. I know how I carry myself. I know I’m not perfect. I know I have flaws,” he said during a sit-down with a small group of reporters at the Eagles’ practice facility recently. “So I’m not going to sit here and say it was inaccurate and completely made up. I’m not going to do that.

I don't see a direct reference to the dinner in that? 

What does that prove? It doesn't prove the complaints, it proves that he's willing to take the anonymous complaint and work on being the very best teammate he can be- it isn't proof that the wasn't before that. It's humility. 

"You're a bad teammate who can't take criticism"

"No I'm not! I'm a great teammate who can take criticism."

See the issue?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I don't see a direct reference to the dinner in that? 

What does that prove? It doesn't prove the complaints, it proves that he's willing to take the anonymous complaint and work on being the very best teammate he can be- it isn't proof that the wasn't before that. It's humility. 

"You're a bad teammate who can't take criticism"

"No I'm not! I'm a great teammate who can take criticism."

See the issue?

He doesn't deny the comments.  He refuses to dispute them.  He responds by taking some guys out for a fancy dinner. What's the part you are struggling with?

I'm tryin g to help make this easy for you.  

Edited by Mr. WEO

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

From Doug Whaley.  He went on and on and on about "how do you know/. you just know" then went on to comparing to couples who just KNOW they have found the right spouse.  And he rapsodized about how he and Rex would "complete each other's sentences"

I don't know how you missed all this back then

I didn't miss that and remember that quote.  I took that as Whaley was being a team player with new owners, one of which actually chose Rex...I believe the name is Kim.

Russ Brandon told the Pegulas if you like him, don't let him leave the building.  How did you miss that?

1 minute ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I think Thursday night NFL games just aren't meant to be.  Only Thursday games should be on Thanksgiving. 

I tend to agree.  I mean, this isn't a bad game, like Dolphins/Jets would be.  It's just...why?  Why does this exist?  Why am I spending my night watching football players run around for five seconds at a time while sight-impaired men in striped outfits argue about What It Really Means for hours?  

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Wentz has bad stretches, but when he's good he's good. 

He's the Ring Cycle of quarterbacks: great moments, but awful quarters of an hour.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

I didn't miss that and remember that quote.  I took that as Whaley was being a team player with new owners, one of which actually chose Rex...I believe the name is Kim.

Russ Brandon told the Pegulas if you like him, don't let him leave the building.  How did you miss that?

LOL OK.

These two couldn't pick out Rex Ryan from Rob Ryan.  They were clueless and totally dependent on Whaley.  The spin the Whaley was against the pick and staged an elaborate and what would be an insanely over the top post selection gushing endorsement simply to be a company guy is ridiculous.  

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Yeah but many of them start in the league.

Pro personnel coorinator, NFL GM, new football league executive all at like 45..... I wish I would have gone to moron school 

The FAs were playing in the league before they got to Buffalo 

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

He doesn't deny the comments.  He refuses to dispute them.  He responds by taking some guys out for a fancy dinner. What's the part you are struggling with?

I'm tryin g toileting help make this easy for you.  

That's because they're subjective comments. He's giving the benefit of the doubt to the reports and saying, if someone on his team see's him that way or interprets him that way, he's not going to stomp on their perspective, but rather, he's going to be responsible for who he is. Of course he can be a better teammate. Everyone can be better at everything. 

As for the dinner, I still don't see how it's directly related, and even then it could be as I said before- him being sure that everything is good. Not proof that he's repenting from anything. 

I just don't see it. I also don't understand your last sentence above. :P

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Yeah but many of them start in the league.

Pro personnel coorinator, NFL GM, new football league executive all at like 45..... I wish I would have gone to moron school 

HYoun should submit your application...lol

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

The FAs were playing in the league before they got to Buffalo 

K ...  WEO your position on this topic is clear.

try and enjoy the game. Mmmk? 

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

HYoun should submit your application...lol

Who is Hyoun..  and why can’t it be me?