Forfeiting this week's game makes sense.

BringBackFergy

Instead, we could take 4or5 personal fouls for ruffing the Brady in the first 4or5 snaps of each quarter. Much better idea imo. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

I don't believe there's a rule in the NFL that prohibits forfeiting a game. Albeit there is a negative connotation to "forfeit" but I look at it like in Revenge of the Nerds where the nerds just let go of the rope and the jocks won the tug-of-war contest. On Saturday, we issue a statement that due to injury we will be conceding a win in favor of the Pats.  You might say "Absolutely not!!" but there's a few reasons to do so:

1) Will we really win this game? I'm putting our chance of success at 20%

2) Injuries are racking up: Singletary, Horrible Harry, CB's, Nsekhe, even Gore's cleats need a rebuild.

3) We need to keep our specialized offensive schemes under wraps for the late season game vs. the Pats.  Let's limit the film that we give them now in favor of a more unique offensive scheme later on when the game really counts.  I'd be in favor of going 1 and 1 vs the Pats this season, how about you?

4) By forfeiting this week, we get ) yds passing allowed and 0 yds rushing allowed averaged into our defensive ranking...that would put us at #2 or #3...I'll take that...

5) Fans can still show up to the game on Sunday, tailgate, go in the stadium and watch the Pats warm up, but it will be a relaxing environment...no stress. We're 3-1.

Just spit ballin' here but it makes sense to me to preserve our defensive ranking, our winning record and get healthier for our next four games.

Yes we should because we will just have quarters that we dont play as well as others and Allen may throw a bad Int to go with his 2 TDs.?

I don't believe there's a rule in the NFL that prohibits forfeiting a game. Albeit there is a negative connotation to "forfeit" but I look at it like in Revenge of the Nerds where the nerds just let go of the rope and the jocks won the tug-of-war contest. On Saturday, we issue a statement that due to injury we will be conceding a win in favor of the Pats.  You might say "Absolutely not!!" but there's a few reasons to do so:

2) Injuries are racking up: Singletary, Horrible Harry, CB's, Nsekhe, even Gore's cleats need a rebuild.

3) We need to keep our specialized offensive schemes under wraps for the late season game vs. the Pats.  Let's limit the film that we give them now in favor of a more unique offensive scheme later on when the game really counts.  I'd be in favor of going 1 and 1 vs the Pats this season, how about you?

4) By forfeiting this week, we get ) yds passing allowed and 0 yds rushing allowed averaged into our defensive ranking...that would put us at #2 or #3...I'll take that...

5) Fans can still show up to the game on Sunday, tailgate, go in the stadium and watch the Pats warm up, but it will be a relaxing environment...no stress. We're 3-1.

Just spit ballin' here but it makes sense to me to preserve our defensive ranking, our winning record and get healthier for our next four games.

You forgot to start the post with hear me out...

46 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Let's say we did forfeit this game, if the Pats were to go undefeated for the rest of the season guess what? There would be an asterix on their record.

Another asterix.  They collect them like Kraft collects handies

27 minutes ago, H2o said:

:censored: the Pats and the thought of a forfeit. Jerry has been waiting to commit this personal foul since the schedule came out. People have already bought things to throw own the field. Tables have been prepared. Banners have been made. Dang BBF, think of the children. 

...the adult shops have been looted of their items.  

Bills 24 Patriots 13.... That's why they play the games.

1 minute ago, JohninMinn. said:

Bills 24 Patriots 13.... That's why they play the games.

We have a lower than 40% chance to win and a greater than 50% chance of another major injury...when I look at those odds, I play it safe every time.  Keep our players healthy for this next stretch of games. We take the Pats later in the season after they suffer a few losses and we win the AFC East outright.

This is so clear to me but others seem to hang out hope for a miracle. Soooo frustrating  

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

dominant against who?

*whom*

One of your best so far, Fergy.

I applaud you.

:thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

We have a lower than 40% chance to win and a greater than 50% chance of another major injury...when I look at those odds, I play it safe every time.  Keep our players healthy for this next stretch of games. We take the Pats later in the season after they suffer a few losses and we win the AFC East outright.

This is so clear to me but others seem to hang out hope for a miracle. Soooo frustrating  

Team sports are more complex than your 40% and 50% indicators. If you played at any organized level you might even know that. I think the Bills match up very well and bring superior raw talent to the game.

OH NO YOU DINT!

Dammit! Can’t an old guy take a nap around here?!

• Haha (+1) 3