Forfeiting this week's game makes sense.

BringBackFergy

I don't believe there's a rule in the NFL that prohibits forfeiting a game. Albeit there is a negative connotation to "forfeit" but I look at it like in Revenge of the Nerds where the nerds just let go of the rope and the jocks won the tug-of-war contest. On Saturday, we issue a statement that due to injury we will be conceding a win in favor of the Pats.  You might say "Absolutely not!!" but there's a few reasons to do so:

1) Will we really win this game? I'm putting our chance of success at 20%

2) Injuries are racking up: Singletary, Horrible Harry, CB's, Nsekhe, even Gore's cleats need a rebuild.

3) We need to keep our specialized offensive schemes under wraps for the late season game vs. the Pats.  Let's limit the film that we give them now in favor of a more unique offensive scheme later on when the game really counts.  I'd be in favor of going 1 and 1 vs the Pats this season, how about you?

4) By forfeiting this week, we get ) yds passing allowed and 0 yds rushing allowed averaged into our defensive ranking...that would put us at #2 or #3...I'll take that...

5) Fans can still show up to the game on Sunday, tailgate, go in the stadium and watch the Pats warm up, but it will be a relaxing environment...no stress. We're 3-1.

Just spit ballin' here but it makes sense to me to preserve our defensive ranking, our winning record and get healthier for our next four games.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 16

At this point, it's more about developing our team.  You can't develop if you don't play.  so this notion of forfeiting is nonsense.  Yes, the world expects us to lose, but this game will show the world how truly good we are.  This will be the ultimate test for our defense and I wanna see how they do.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I don't believe there's a rule in the NFL that prohibits forfeiting a game. Albeit there is a negative connotation to "forfeit" but I look at it like in Revenge of the Nerds where the nerds just let go of the rope and the jocks won the tug-of-war contest. On Saturday, we issue a statement that due to injury we will be conceding a win in favor of the Pats.  You might say "Absolutely not!!" but there's a few reasons to do so:

1) Will we really win this game? I'm putting our chance of success at 20%

2) Injuries are racking up: Singletary, Horrible Harry, CB's, Nsekhe, even Gore's cleats need a rebuild.

3) We need to keep our specialized offensive schemes under wraps for the late season game vs. the Pats.  Let's limit the film that we give them now in favor of a more unique offensive scheme later on when the game really counts.  I'd be in favor of going 1 and 1 vs the Pats this season, how about you?

4) By forfeiting this week, we get ) yds passing allowed and 0 yds rushing allowed averaged into our defensive ranking...that would put us at #2 or #3...I'll take that...

5) Fans can still show up to the game on Sunday, tailgate, go in the stadium and watch the Pats warm up, but it will be a relaxing environment...no stress. We're 3-1.

Just spit ballin' here but it makes sense to me to preserve our defensive ranking, our winning record and get healthier for our next four games.

Boogger won the belching contest!

This might be the worst theory on this blog in a while. Or frankly any blog ever.....

You don't get better skipping tough games.  Your get better playing the Pats and learning. Stone  sharpens steal.... The Pats are a stone that is not going anywhere. 

Imagine Coach McD...approaching millionaire world class athletes... "Hey guys we dont have faith in you, so we are going to skip this game"  This tread should be titled how to lose your team and get fired in under 5 seconds.

Edited by Iraq Vet
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I don't know if this is serious or not, but it's stupid. 

I didn't say I wanted to be in this predicament...Does anyone really want to forfeit games? No.  But with our undefeated record, knowing we can split with the Pats, this seems to be the best way to come out of this unscathed and still maintain the health of our unit.