Jump to content

Ketchup and Mustard


Tenhigh
 Share

Recommended Posts

Was it me or was something off with the Pinto Ron/Kenny ketchup and mustard show yesterday? It was great seeing Stevie but overall it seemed like an extended advertisement for a podcast instead of the usual pre-game pump up session.  Feels like it was WAY longer than usual, but maybe I was just a little more sober this time around. Anyone else notice this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Was it me or was something off with the Pinto Ron/Kenny ketchup and mustard show yesterday? It was great seeing Stevie but overall it seemed like an extended advertisement for a podcast instead of the usual pre-game pump up session.  Feels like it was WAY longer than usual, but maybe I was just a little more sober this time around. Anyone else notice this?

The whole day was off yesterday outside the last two minutes. I don't know what it was, everything was weird yesterday , and not just the tailgate. Last two minutes wa the only time that felt like a true Bills game

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

The whole day was off yesterday outside the last two minutes. I don't know what it was, everything was weird yesterday , and not just the tailgate. Last two minutes wa the only time that felt like a true Bills game

You are right. Weird game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

The whole day was off yesterday outside the last two minutes. I don't know what it was, everything was weird yesterday , and not just the tailgate. Last two minutes wa the only time that felt like a true Bills game

Huh. I watched the game in Cape Town, thousands of miles away, and I just couldn't get into it the way I normally do. When they went down in the second half I couldn't get myself that worked up about whether they would lose or win. And I NEVER feel like that. Happy they won, and there were some fun plays, but I can't remember ever feeling so foggy about what was actually a pretty good game, let alone the home opener for an undefeated Bills team. Strange energy.

Edited by Last Guy on the Bench
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Was it me or was something off with the Pinto Ron/Kenny ketchup and mustard show yesterday? It was great seeing Stevie but overall it seemed like an extended advertisement for a podcast instead of the usual pre-game pump up session.  Feels like it was WAY longer than usual, but maybe I was just a little more sober this time around. Anyone else notice this?

 

 

You’ve been tailgating waaaaaaay too long if you are now analyzing ketchup and mustard.  

  • Haha (+1) 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

The whole day was off yesterday outside the last two minutes. I don't know what it was, everything was weird yesterday , and not just the tailgate. Last two minutes wa the only time that felt like a true Bills game

It looked amazing on tv and the media can’t stop talking about the atmosphere. Can you give more detail about why it it didn’t feel like a true Bills game? Was it the W at the end? (I kid I kid, just curious) 

  • Haha (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

It looked amazing on tv and the media can’t stop talking about the atmosphere. Can you give more detail about why it it didn’t feel like a true Bills game? Was it the W at the end? (I kid I kid, just curious) 

 

 

Q3 the crowd was out of it.  The Bills were flat at that point and it really felt like the game was slipping away.  It was a good but odd day overall at the stadium yesterday - traffic was bad, early, lines were slow, the dude at the register in our concession didn’t have a clue but...... we won! So, in the end, it was a good day.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It looked amazing on tv and the media can’t stop talking about the atmosphere. Can you give more detail about why it it didn’t feel like a true Bills game? Was it the W at the end? (I kid I kid, just curious) 

hard to  pinpoint, think maybe the actual events just could not live up to the expectation? And sounds weird, but maybe it was because most of us felt we were playing an inferior team and win was expected, loss would have been horrendous!

 

also , i tried to do to much at my tailgate, all my food sucked except the wings post game. The audio at the game in the lower bowl sucked..could not hear a word of the poncho ceremony..could not even herarthe shout spng!

 

next week back to normal i think

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

The whole day was off yesterday outside the last two minutes. I don't know what it was, everything was weird yesterday , and not just the tailgate. Last two minutes wa the only time that felt like a true Bills game

 

Disagree completely.  Sure it got a bit quiet in the 3rd, but the first/second was rocking.  You just didn't notice it that much because the defense was playing so well they weren't on the field that much in the 1st half for it to get loud a lot.  But when they were, it was loud.  And the 4th quarter was some of the loudest I've ever heard there.

Edited by Mark80
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

 

 

Q3 the crowd was out of it.  The Bills were flat at that point and it really felt like the game was slipping away.  It was a good but odd day overall at the stadium yesterday - traffic was bad, early, lines were slow, the dude at the register in our concession didn’t have a clue but...... we won! So, in the end, it was a good day.

Sounds like a normal game anywhere to me. Bad traffic and the crowd out of it when team not playing well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Last Guy on the Bench said:

Huh. I watched the game in Cape Town, thousands of miles away, and I just couldn't get into it the way I normally do. When they went down in the second half I couldn't get myself that worked up about whether they would lose or win. And I NEVER feel like that. Happy they won, and there were some fun plays, but I can't remember ever feeling so foggy about what was actually a pretty good game, let alone the home opener for an undefeated Bills team. Strange energy.

I was watching in Alaska, thousands of miles in a different direction, and I was totally into it.  My dogs were all worried about my strange behavior as the Bills let the lead turn into a deficit (nothing broken, happily), and then when I yelled "intercepted" (thanks Tre White) they all went and hid until I got them back and told them I was just happy.

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Utah John said:

I was watching in Alaska, thousands of miles in a different direction, and I was totally into it.  My dogs were all worried about my strange behavior as the Bills let the lead turn into a deficit (nothing broken, happily), and then when I yelled "intercepted" (thanks Tre White) they all went and hid until I got them back and told them I was just happy.

My Dad (who was a HUGE Bills fan who'd scream at the TV every week) would have been proud of how loud I was screaming when Tre picked off that last pass to seal the game. Haha. Somewhat happy my wife and kid went up the street to the neighbors a few minutes before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

The whole day was off yesterday outside the last two minutes. I don't know what it was, everything was weird yesterday , and not just the tailgate. Last two minutes wa the only time that felt like a true Bills game

I said the same thing - I think it was the way the TV timeouts fell along with some penalties.  Every time there'd start to be momentum, there was a stoppage.  It just never seemed like the game got into a flow until the fourth quarter.

 

That and the sound system at the stadium was terrible yesterday (guessing the wind was impacting it) and the jumbo-screens on the tunnel end never showed the replays.  I also blame the high powered extreme dog stunt show for sucking all of the energy out of the crowd at halftime.  There's only so many cheers fans can give... and those dogs took more than their share.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Mark80 said:

 

Disagree completely.  Sure it got a bit quiet in the 3rd, but the first/second was rocking.  You just didn't notice it that much because the defense was playing so well they weren't on the field that much in the 1st half for it to get loud a lot.  But when they were, it was loud.  And the 4th quarter was some of the loudest I've ever heard there.

The crowd volume felt like we were back in the early '90's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Was it me or was something off with the Pinto Ron/Kenny ketchup and mustard show yesterday? It was great seeing Stevie but overall it seemed like an extended advertisement for a podcast instead of the usual pre-game pump up session.  Feels like it was WAY longer than usual, but maybe I was just a little more sober this time around. Anyone else notice this?

 

 

You probably just reached the point where that ritual has jumped the shark for you.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

The crowd volume felt like we were back in the early '90's.

 

Hmmmm... did not see you yesterday. 

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

 

 

You probably just reached the point where that ritual has jumped the shark for you.  

 

I wonder if he is alone? ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...