Ketchup and Mustard

Tenhigh

46 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Its tradition, plus its always fun to see whar former players show up. If you dont like it maybe just don't watch? Its easily avoidable.  

It is easily avoidable. I haven’t seen it in about 2 years and I park in the lot. 

And for the most part, the former players are douches anyway. Stevie is cool. He hung out with us at our tailgate for about 45 mins or more yesterday. Always one of my favorites. But guys like Aaron Williams is a douche. There’s plenty of douches for former players. They can stay where they live as far as I’m concerned. 

9 minutes ago, mrags said:

It is easily avoidable. I haven’t seen it in about 2 years and I park in the lot. 

And for the most part, the former players are douches anyway. Stevie is cool. He hung out with us at our tailgate for about 45 mins or more yesterday. Always one of my favorites. But guys like Aaron Williams is a douche. There’s plenty of douches for former players. They can stay where they live as far as I’m concerned. 

Dang what did AW do to deserve this?  Hit.on your gf or something?

11 minutes ago, mrags said:

Good to here on Stevie.  He was a bright spot during dark times.  Glad to see he's a good guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

nah, he walks into game like that so everyone knows who he is. No one would recognize him if he cleaned up

I was told by some Auburn fan lady I looked like that while across the street from the Hampton Inn. I’m having some flabby (below par Plenz wings) and a decent beef on weck. First she wipes her chin and says “you need to do this”. A couple minutes later she says “be glad I’m here, now you’re a total mess. I won’t let you down”. It’s not the first time that has been true, but the honesty was refreshing! 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, stony said:

Good to here on Stevie.  He was a bright spot during dark times.  Glad to see he's a good guy. 

One of my all time favs 

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

funny thing is I am a Hammer regular as you know..love the Pinto tailgate...have never seen the ceremony! 

Trust me bud, you aren’t missing much. Watch it once and you’ll be set for life. 

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

Nope. I’m married. Used to love him on the field. Off the field he’s just a douche 

i thought he was awesome at the home opener last year! I did not see Stevie at all this year, but we were banished to the corner!

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

Trust me bud, you aren’t missing much. Watch it once and you’ll be set for life. 

No desire at all!

13 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

hard to  pinpoint, think maybe the actual events just could not live up to the expectation? And sounds weird, but maybe it was because most of us felt we were playing an inferior team and win was expected, loss would have been horrendous!

also , i tried to do to much at my tailgate, all my food sucked except the wings post game. The audio at the game in the lower bowl sucked..could not hear a word of the poncho ceremony..could not even herarthe shout spng!

next week back to normal i think

Damn well better be buster!?

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

i thought he was awesome at the home opener last year! I did not see Stevie at all this year, but we were banished to the corner!

No desire at all!

Really? Because I got the opposite feeling. Like he was too important to hang out with the fans. For F$&K sake, he was at a tailgate doing some stupid video. But was acting like he wasn’t approachable. Not the only time I’ve seen him act like a douche, but was definitely memorable for being douchey. 

Lee Evans always the opposite. Stevie. Freddie. Merriman (surprisingly). They are all really cool and down to earth guys. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

i did every game in 87..granted there was only 15 that year! Now kids are gone, i am thinking of maybe doing that again next year...and that seems daunting! One freaking year! no idea how he does it

I went to 6 out of the 8 home games in 1999, and decided that I might as well get seasons in 2000. Before the 2004 season, I realized I'd been to every home game, pre and regular season, since I got my seasons. I decided then, that I would do every home game till I hit 100 home games in a row. It was tough, especially when they did the Toronto series, to get up some Sunday's, knowing they weren't going to win, and make that drive from Syracuse.  But I did it.  2010 I started picking and choosing which games to go to, and sell off the rest. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, mrags said:

Really? Because I got the opposite feeling. Like he was too important to hang out with the fans. For F$&K sake, he was at a tailgate doing some stupid video. But was acting like he wasn’t approachable. Not the only time I’ve seen him act like a douche, but was definitely memorable for being douchey. 

Lee Evans always the opposite. Stevie. Freddie. Merriman (surprisingly). They are all really cool and down to earth guys. 

So they are or are not mostly douches?  My experience has been that former players are generally like everyone else, mostly pleasant and sometimes a little less than pleasant.  If you show them respect they will respond in kind. 

As an aside, I remember partying with Gabe Northern after a game, good dude, at least at that time.  

5 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

So they are or are not mostly douches?  My experience has been that former players are generally like everyone else, mostly pleasant and sometimes a little less than pleasant.  If you show them respect they will respond in kind. 

As an aside, I remember partying with Gabe Northern after a game, good dude, at least at that time.  

Yeah. A lot of players are good dudes. I mentioned a few of them. There’s also a ton that are scumbags and pos’s. I’ve met a ton of them. Hung out with a ton of them. I’ve got good stories and bad. 

18 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

It's not just you.  I'm not a regular in the Hammer lot but I try to stop by a few times a season for some bowling ball shots and to catch the Ketchup and Mustard thing once in awhile.  But they really dragged on the pre ceremony yesterday and a lot of people in the crowd were getting restless and starting to complain.  I agree that I think the Ketchup and Mustard thing is starting to jump the shark.  With that said nothing but love and respect for the Pinto Man's tailgate party though. 

Maybe time to add some Mayochup or salsa or some other 3rd condiment. And why wouldn't he get doused in wing sauce instead? Maybe switch ketchup and mustard to wing sauce and blue cheese and it's back on track...