Week 4: Pats (-7) @ Bills!!

dubs

10 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

they were awesome against the last 3 teams they played. those were some powerhouse teams they were up against, for sure.

They were good vs the Rams in the SB and most of the same guys. And Belichick. Not impressed with their Edge guys though.

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I just saw they had 13 sacks so far. That’s scary. Don’t know where they are coming from though. 

Yeah, they don’t really have one guy that wows you. They love those weird defensive looks with guys standing at the los. Josh Allen needs to know that it’s okay to take a sack sometimes. You can’t force anything into this secondary. Turnovers are going to be a key as always vs NE. 

• Like (+1) 1

Can we get our hands on Brady's balls this week? 

Scratch that.

I mean, can we tip some of his passes like we have been doing with regular success against our first three opponents. We know one of Brady's hallmarks is getting the ball out quickly. I home our entire D-line continues their success of tipping passes in this game.

21 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I just saw they had 13 sacks so far. That’s scary. Don’t know where they are coming from though. 

Jamie Collins has been on fire for them....seems like BB's plan to fix his habit to improvise down a notch by sending him to the Browns for a couple of seasons has worked...

24 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

We know New England has a very good defense. They were good last year. Great in the Super Bowl. But it's just really hard to gauge how great they are this year. The stats suggest they are historically great but they just drew in back to back weeks two of the worst offenses we have seen in quite a long time. I mean the Jets are playing a third string quarterback. They are actually a competent team when Darnold is on the field as we saw in week one. And we still handled Darnold and that offense just fine. Imagine if our D got to feast on Luke Falk. 

12 of those 13 sacks have come against Rosen/Fitz and Falk.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bills6969 said:

Is Singletary going to play?  Looks like hes questionable.  I'd imagine the coaching staff may err on the side of caution and bench him so he doesnt get more hurt vs NE's very good defense.

If Singletary doesn’t play, it won’t be due to NEs defense. His hammy is either good to go or it isn’t. Doesn’t matter which defense he’s running against. NE is good on D, but they’re not the 2000 Ravens. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

They were good vs the Rams in the SB and most of the same guys. And Belichick. Not impressed with their Edge guys though.

Hightower and Collins have been excellent. As well as winovich

Edited by Chris66

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

exposed goff. he's not all that great to me. not saying they aren't good, they just haven't faced a good offense yet. sad thing is, they really wont through their whole schedule. 

need to keep the mistakes to a bare minimum tomorrow to have any type of chance and create mistakes defensively.

The Bills also should not over analyze their approach to this game just because it is the Patriots. Just stick to their game plan and try to play as mistake free as possible. Show them that they belong on the field with them and believe it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bills6969 said:

Is Singletary going to play?  Looks like hes questionable.  I'd imagine the coaching staff may err on the side of caution and bench him so he doesnt get more hurt vs NE's very good defense.

Im no doctor but that makes no sense to me. If his hammy is ready enough for him to be effective in his role, he will play. They need all hands on deck. 

• Like (+1) 1

Normally I stress about the Pats game. Not this year because I don't care if they win this week. We win we look golden at 4-0, we lose we say so what we expected to be 3-1.  Heart says we can win this 24-23, head says its the Pats and Allen will make some ***** mistakes pushing to get us from being behind and we lose 27 -19.  The keys beyond the obvious turnover battle are 1) never getting down by more than 7 points  2) hit at least 2 passes over 30 yards  3) stop their run game  which has really how they have beaten us the last few years and  4) special teams 

3 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

7 of those were against Miami. Not saying that the other 6 in two games isn’t impressive and that we won’t have our hands full, but I think getting more than half your total against a very poor team adds some perspective. 

Edited by K-9