Week 4: Pats (-7) @ Bills!!

dubs

4 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

right... so if foster(a less developed wr) can get one over on him i would think ole smoke may be able to pop that top, as db's need to respect his route running ability much more than foster.

it'll be interesting. 

Agreed.  Cover 1 was discussing how they think Brown can get the comeback against Gilmore too.  I think they made a Bet on it during their podcast.  Would be very happy to see Smoke get behind Gilmore a couple times.

2 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

Who misses Mike Rodent??? Raise your hand.

ML-J is not even a Bills fan (Carolina I think?) but is very knowledgeable and great with analysis. His camp stuff was spot on.

Really like him. I so hated Rodak.

Marcel has been a refreshing voice as compared to Rodak. I don’t think he is a fan of any team, he did report for the panthers prior to the Bills but don’t think he’s a Panthers “fan” necessarily 

I so badly want to bet the points in this one. Home dog + Bills D + McD's kitchen sink game plan + the fact we're so overdue vs. Pats should = cover...but...damn that that Pats D looks intimidating. I seriously question whether we'll be able to score points. Josh's decision making is iffy at the best of times let alone going against Belichick. I hate betting on the Pats.  

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Just when I started liking you again......  

When they [posters] want to shoot the messenger for someone oversight and sort of lay the blame on me...  I have to fight to let it go ;)  

Maybe I am wrong because I don't want to credit a TIE as a win.  Its who I am. 

(Autism Rules)  We can always agree to disagree.  

Naw man  they will UNLEASH Zay Jones!!! 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

No one is counting a tie as a win.

The definition of undefeated per Merriam-Webster is: not defeated : not having suffered a defeat.

You're beef is with the English language.  Just admit it or at the very least drop and ignore it and move on rather than doubling down on ignorance.

3 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

so a friend of mine on fb has a friend, who is a patsie fan. this is what he posted this morning. the arrogance runs deep in these evil (couple here also that bow down to them) empire fans. needless to say I can not post my reply due to language but fb hasn't any filters so I was able to get my point across with very few words, totaling 7 letters.

We kick the sorry Bill's butts every year !!! Hard to be a fan who goes to super bowl like 30yrs ago 4 times and are LOSERS ALL 4 TIMES !!!!!! WOW !!!!! THATS A TEAM TO BE PROUD OF FOR SUREEE !!!!!! BILLS ARE LOSERS AND WE PATS FANS LOVE LOVE PLAYING THE LOSER BILLS WE JUST CHALK UP ANOTHER PATRIOTS WIN !!!!!!!!!!!! GO PATRIOTS !!!!!

another good reason a bills victory would be so sweet. although they and (and a few here) the media would find every excuse why they lost and discredit the win by the bills any way their arrogant asses can.

GO BILLS!!!

My brother lives in Boston and had a pretty funny story about the office he was working in when the Pats* lost in the Super Bowl to Eli Manning, and the Giants. That was the year the Pats* entered the SB undefeated. The people in my brother's office were so cocky, and arrogant, they actually had a pool going to predict how much the Pats* would win by. The Monday after, the office was so despondent, you could hear a pin drop.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Magox said:

No one is counting a tie as a win.

The definition of undefeated per Merriam-Webster is: not defeated : not having suffered a defeat.

You're beef is with the English language.  Just admit it or at the very least drop and ignore it and move on rather than doubling down on ignorance.

Open your mind and think how this is can be interpreted by others.  Can you do that?  Yes, No?

A tie is neither a win or loss so, yes undefeated is no losses. 

Wasn’t it posted that the NFL assigns half a win?

Autism Rules 

4 hours ago, RememberTheRockpile said:

Not trying to pick on anybody here as at first I agreed with Stank_Nasty. I now find myself agreeing with SlimShady'sGhost as he is technically correct as far as the NFL is concerned. Under NFL tie breaking procedures there is a note:

NOTE: Tie games count as one-half win and one-half loss for both clubs.

https://theathletic.com/1244127/2019/09/27/executing-the-vision-how-the-bills-quietly-transformed-their-defense-into-one-of-the-leagues-best/

(subscription required)

Since Leslie Frazier took over as the Bills’ defensive coordinator in 2017, he’s run what he calls formation recognition periods. He stands on the offensive side of the ball with a group of players and coaches, aligning in different formations to see how the starting defense will respond. It’s a way of anticipating the different wrinkles offenses will throw at the Bills and testing his players’ knowledge of the scheme.

In that first season, those periods of practice provided constant teaching moments. This offseason, entering Year 3 in this system, Frazier found it nearly impossible to catch his safeties and linebackers off guard. Now, even when he thinks he’s come up with a unique look, the defensive players are in his ear.

“Come on now! Give us something! We’ve got this!”

Frazier laughs when he thinks about these battles in practice. It’s part of what has helped this defense become a master of disguising its coverage on its way to a streak of 15-straight games of holding opposing offenses under 400 total yards.

“I used to be able to stump them with different looks and different formations,” Frazier said. “And it’s hard now! They know the system so well and they fool me at times.”

I thought this was pretty interesting. 

• Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Does anyone else just feel less tension about this game? To me it feels like the Bills are playing with house money on this one. I know it is a home division game but sitting at 3-0 with a team that has depth and talent it feels like it isn't the end of the world to lose this game. It is more of a where does this team stand type game in my mind. How does Josh perform against what could be the leagues best defense. Just how good is the defense against one of the better more disciplined and effective offenses? 

It comes off more so as excitement rather than trepidation or a feeling of dreading what a loss would do for the prospects of the team. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1