Bills (3-0) vs Bengals (0-3) Postgame thread

YoloinOhio

42 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Well, it hasn’t been playcalling imo. They’ve simply had poor execution and definitely issues with pass protection. Bottom line, this team isn’t a finished product. They truly don’t have a consistent , reliable running game to lean on and the passing game needs another weapon. Allen has been trying to force things in each game thus far, and it has cost them with turnovers and stalled drives. This looks like a team that could win 7 games or could in ten if things fall their way. They still have a lotto work on. Lost in all this is that special teams still seems shaky as well. 

Me, I see a brand new OL that still hasn't gelled yet & dealing with injuries. If Josh has better protection, the O looks a whole let better. Add all the new skill players, and I'm thrilled to be 3-0 regardless of who they've played.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yep, the issues on O right now look like communication issues on the OL ( missed pickups on stunts etc) , decent ( not great ) WRs , RB injury and turnovers. Allen’s INT was a product of him forcing the throw while not wanting to get called for grounding again ( earlier throwaway didn’t get to the LOS) and started with the bad protection. He’s unwilling to take a sack at times, but needs to learn to “ live to fight another down” . The Bills TO differential probably isn’t good right now and needs to improve. 

This is it in a nutshell!  He seems to take it personally if he loses yards.  But for every bad INT he throws trying to avoid the sack he seems to make several big plays because of his ability to avoid the sack and either run for a big gain or hit a big pass.  He had at least 4 of those plays today that led to 18 points (2 TD drives and 1 FG drive).

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

OMG I hate how this team goes into a shell when playing with the lead. Can we just stop getting cute and stop going into a shell. 

also what the heck is going on after halftime. Three weeks this team looks like trash after half. 

glad for the win but damn it should have never been close. 

Getting really tired of the Isaiah McKenzie end-arounds on 3rd and 2 when you have Josh freaking Allen under center.

8 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

If this is a repeat it’s worth it 

Am I mistaken... he didn't give the team a day off?   See you Wednesday was followed with let's keep working.   Given the magnitude of next week's game... I glad to hear that.   This is not the week to take a day off. 

58 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I have no doubt Allen will acquit himself well. Brady needs to be worried about our D too, BTW.

Not from a pressure perspective he doesn't. Third string tackle today and you wouldn't know it. I get that McDermott doesn't like to blitz much but they are somewhat predictable up front right now.

53 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's when the offensive line gets blown up. Happening a lot.

Wasn't the story going into training camp "how long will it take for the pieces on the O-line to gel?" 

Morse was out the whole camp

53 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

You're nuts if you think 7 is a possibility. 

At this point? Agreed.

Tennessee and the Eagles are looking way less intimidating as expected. The Redskins look as bad as expected. Miami is looking like a division II college team. Even if you prematurely chalk up the Pat's game as a loss (which you shouldn't) there is no reason why it's crazy that Bill's aren't 7-1 or 6-2. At the half way point.

Yes, it's harder after that, but that is a nice number of wins banked.

58 minutes ago, vincec said:

I'm confused by the Bills RB strategy. I thought it was a "go with the hot hand" type approach, but Gore was averaging 6 yards per carry but he's not getting the rock. Instead they are running the QB, McKenzie, Yeldon. Can Gore just not carry the ball 25 times if needed? If that's the case then they need another option besides Yeldon so that they don't have to run Allen and the WRs so much.

Gore, cannot at his age, be that guy any longer, IMO.  That is a big miss for this team right now.  Gore did well today but I don't think we can expect him to do more. Singletary is an unknown at this level.  Can he carry a team?

I sure hope so.

Just now, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Wasn't the story going into training camp "how long will it take for the pieces on the O-line to gel?" 

Morse was out the whole camp

At this point? Agreed.

Tennessee and the Eagles are looking way less intimidating as expected. The Redskins look as bad as expected. Miami is looking like a division II college team. Even if you prematurely chalk up the Pat's game as a loss (which you shouldn't) there is no reason why it's crazy that Bill's aren't 7-1 or 6-2. At the half way point.

Yes, it's harder after that, but that is a nice number of wins banked.

im not so sure it is.

Dallas and maybe baltimore are the only REALLY tough looking games outside of the pats.

44 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Of course but Shady still envisions himself as “the man.” Hes obsessed with his stats and getting to 12k. He was facing a season of reduced carries behind gore and Singletary and I don’t think he would have reacted to that role well given his priorities.. It seemed that the Bills  gave him a chance to hang onto his RB1 role but Singletary beat him out. He may not be technically #1 yet but rest assured they see him there eventually this year and not Gore, sooner than later. They want him to have the ball.

Eventually meaning that there is a hole in the roster. It's shown all 3 weeks, today, obviously, for the entire game.  It is a need and not a little one.  Beane and McDermott's willingness to go with Singletary and Gore minus McCoy created a void.

Talk through over and around it all you want. They didn't need the cap $ and McCoy, reportedly, is the one who convinced Gore to sign here.  Don't you suppose that McCoy would have considered that his role would automatically be reduced because of that?

You don't cut talent to keep lesser talent. Nobody can argue that is exactly what happened in this instance.

1 hour ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I don’t think Gore can carry the ball that much. 

What puzzles me is why they think Yeldon is better than marcus Murphy. 

Because Murphy cannot pass block.  Not even a little bit.  

Edited by Bob in STL