What Would You Give UP for A.J. Green?

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

9 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

A 3rd would be good if Green could stay healthy. He is still relatively young, and it would give the Bills time to develop another WR. 

I'd do a 4th, and make it a 3rd if he stays healthy.  Also extend him. 

Then you have AJ, Brown, Beasley, and 2020 draft pick.  When AJ retires in 4+ years, you still have a decent WR corp.  Oh, and we still have Foster who could go in this year on 4 wide.  Good luck defenses.  

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

I'd do a 4th, and make it a 3rd if he stays healthy.  Also extend him. 

Then you have AJ, Brown, Beasley, and 2020 draft pick.  When AJ retires in 4+ years, you still have a decent WR corp.  Oh, and we still have Foster who could go in this year on 4 wide.  Good luck defenses.  

Thats just it...Healthy! The Bills are on the rise and Green would be excellent.

• Like (+1) 1

5th in 2020 with a conditional 6th in 2021 depending on performance, games played, and if we re-sign him.

He's great when healthy but as has been said over and over again in this thread, that's almost never.  He's hitting the "past his prime" years, but he's still a presence on the field and makes some good plays.  Picture TO at the end of his career but not as healthy.  

I'd take a late round flier on him to round out this WR Group... but I wouldn't do much more than that. 

2 hours ago, the skycap said:

That would be adequate compensation to me as well. Now, my question is do you trade for Jalen Ramsey?

I would pass on Ramsey for a few reasons personally even though he’s very talented.  

1 - I’m not sure his personality fits our culture and locker room.

2 - I think Levi Wallace is pretty good, so Ramsey isn’t a big need.

3 - He’s going to want an insane contract next year, and I would rather have Levi on his contract opposite Tre than having to pay Ramsey what he will want.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Hmmm, Alpha, who would you cut?  :lol:

Buddy, I am kidding, you know I am.  However, I not only agree with you on the above, but I am there with you on the excitement level meter.  This is worth looking into.  If he is back in a couple of weeks I am willing to have AJ Green be a rent a player, if need be.  

Is he a risk?  Yes.

Does he make this team better?  Absolutely he does.

Haha I enjoy your jokes bud, all good haha

• Thank you (+1) 1

I would want to see a lot more out of Allen, over the course of this entire season.

If he keeps developing and surprising, this coming off-season might be the time to go out and buy him an expensive, fancy WR.

Too early right now.

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Haha I enjoy your jokes bud, all good haha

Brown, Beasely AND AJ Green...seriously, Alpha, we start to go to another level.

Yes, everybody, it's not Green from 2015 or so.  However, I am also not even remotely thinking about 2020, or 2021.

...man, we just could use another solid weapon for the remainder of 2019.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Thank you (+1) 2

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/09/bengals-aj-green-injury-status-return/

I just can't see giving up much for a 31yr old WR with his injury history and needing to be resigned after this season. Maybe a 4th at best? Even if he would sign an extension immediately I'm not sure how much you could commit to him financially at this time. Doesn't sound like he would be ready to play yet for several weeks. Is he really worth the trouble?

6 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Brown, Beasely AND AJ Green...seriously, Alpha, we start to go to another level.

Yes, everybody, its not Green from 2015 or so.  However, I also not even remotely thinking about 2020, or 2021.

...man, we just could use another solid weapon for the remainder of 2019.

Yup...Guarantee AJ Green puts up more than 18 and 14 yards and doesn’t drop that TD pass either.

I mean I don’t know how a defense can consistently defend an offense of Smoke and healthy AJ outside without Cole in the slot catching passes from an accurate and big arm QB who can also run.  We could be a nightmare matchup, not to mention capable TE’s and Singletary to worry about.  

So I think we go to another level too.  AJ isn’t even close to being done as a WR IMO either.  He’s an injury risk sure, but when healthy he’s still one of the best WRs in the game.  I would take that chance personally, but also wouldn't over pay either with a strong WR class next year.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Yup...Guarantee AJ Green puts up more than 18 and 14 yards and doesn’t drop that TD pass either.

I mean I don’t know how a defense can consistently defend an offense of Smoke and healthy AJ outside without Cole in the slot catching passes from an accurate and big arm QB who can also run.  We could be a nightmare matchup, not to mention capable TE’s and Singletary to worry about.  

So I think we go to another level too.  AJ isn’t even close to being done as a WR IMO either.  He’s an injury risk sure, but when healthy he’s still one of the best WRs in the game.  I would take that chance personally, but also wouldn't over pay either with a strong WR class next year.

I love Green, but I'm concerned he's going to be hobbled all season, never being more than 80-85 percent. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dave mcbride said:

I love Green, but I'm concerned he's going to be hobbled all season, never being more than 80-85 percent. 

I thought he had surgery to repair and make full recovery?  I honestly did not follow his situation that closely though.  Are you familiar with his injury?  Is it something that’s hard to fully recover?  If it’s something problematic then yeah that would certainly raise the risk level and reduce the compensation further to risk on a trade.