Who will have more total Yards Saquon Barkley or Devin Singletary?

HOUSE

Who will have more total yards Saquon Barkley or Devin Singletary?  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have more total yards Saquon Barkley or Devin Singletary?

The other factor is which offense will rely more on their running back.  The Giants have one other reliable person the QB can give the ball to - Evan Engram.  The Bills have two or three WRs that Allen has some trust in, plus at least one tight end, if not a couple.  That all translates to more touches for Barkley than for Singletary.

• Like (+1) 1

I said Singletary.  It is because he doesnt have to go against the Bills D.

1 hour ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

Barkley will be in on almost every play.  Devin won’t.

He will go nowhere most of those plays.

27 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Child please. Singletary averages 17.5 yards per carry over his entire NFL career. Wake me up when Barkley ever comes near that. 

Lol.  Clever.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Bell is slippery but there were just a lot of arm tackles instead of wrapping up..........Barkley would blow thru those attempted arm tackles too but the difference is he won't just fall forward for an extra yard or two like Bell he will keep going.    If they can't get a lead to deter the Giants from running the ball and then tackle like they did last week against Barkley they will end up on those "he broke 6 tackles highlights".    On the plus side they should be able to keep more run personnel on the field a lot with the Giants WR corps being decimated. 

Key phrase there being getting a lead. As much as people are chalking this up as a win, I see it as roughly 50/50. If the offense starts like they did last week and the Giants don't NEED to pass; bad things. You do not want to dig a hole in this spot. Riling up the crowd for the home opener and giving their BEST player a ton of shots to make plays is not a recipe for success here. Getting that lead is going to be vital(could say that about any game, but it's MORE applicable in this spot). 

2 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I'm sorry, but is this last year? seems they didn't struggle to hold the mighty levon bell to 60 yds? I realize barkley is likely better then bell but lets not base whether they contain him on what they did last year.

barkley will likely out rush singletary but lets not forget he had 70 yds on 4 carries last week and that was late in the game.

no they are not.

Until proven otherwise I meant to say.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I'm sorry, but is this last year? seems they didn't struggle to hold the mighty levon bell to 60 yds? I realize barkley is likely better then bell but lets not base whether they contain him on what they did last year.

barkley will likely out rush singletary but lets not forget he had 70 yds on 4 carries last week and that was late in the game.

no they are not.

Well no one knows if the Bills is a “top defense” THIS year yet. So obviously the claim was based on last years performance.

come on

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Steve Billieve said:

I can imagine lots of scenarios where Singletary has more yards, but almost all of them involve the bills trouncing the giants.

I can imagine Barkley getting 200+ and the bills still beating the spread.

and you mean winning the game of course ?

7 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I remember a game when Mercury Morris had more yards then OJ Simpson. The Dolphins completely shut SIMPSON DOWN.

Morris had ONE long run.

dude

6 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm hoping the Giants will be so limited on offense the Bills can afford to focus on Barkley. No big plays.

Barkley will get an education about losing Sunday.

Humble Pie was a great rock band.

But even better served to a beast player in SB. respect him though

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Well no one knows if the Bills is a “top defense” THIS year yet. So obviously the claim was based on last years performance.

come on

they are a top end defense. get off the potty and cheer !

3 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

and you mean winning the game of course ?

Of course.  I meant that even if the bills are objectively successful on the field there are a lot of scenarios where Barkley has more total yards, but almost none the other way around. 

If you believe that Singletary gets more yards you almost have to believe the bills are going to dominate the giants. 

Edited by Steve Billieve

I'm rolling with Singletary only because I'm expecting a total Giants meltdown. Don't get it twisted though, Saquon is the truth and future. Insane talent. He only had 11 (!) rushes last game though. How is that possible? The Giants are happy that the Dolphins are imploding more spectacularly so that everybody forgets how awful they are. Singletary will put up more yardage, bank it.

• Like (+1) 2

Buffalo Bills 21, New York Giants 16

1 p.m. ET (CBS) | MetLife Stadium (East Rutherford, N.J.)

Eli Manning has turned the ball over 20 times more than any other quarterback since 2013 and has lost more games (24) since the start of 2017 than any other signal-caller. There's at least a chance this could be the last chance Eli gets, because the Bills defense is capable of fattening up that turnover total, and the Giants should be capable of imagining life with Daniel Jones if they fall to 0-2.

I couldn't be higher on this Buffalo defense. Bills rookie defensive tackle Ed Oliver looks like an instant star, veteran Trent Murphy appears to be back to his Redskins form and the rest of the D-line rotation is impressive in its depth. This is a defense disciplined enough to limit the production of stars like Giants running back Saquon Barkley and tight end Evan Engram while forcing lesser G-Men to beat them. If Giants general manager Dave Gettleman is still a season away from fulfilling his vision, Bills coach Sean McDermott has been building to this team, this year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001053896/article/nfl-week-2-game-picks-panthers-top-bucs-rams-defeat-saints

8 hours ago, Nelius said:

I'm rolling with Singletary only because I'm expecting a total Giants meltdown. Don't get it twisted though, Saquon is the truth and future. Insane talent. He only had 11 (!) rushes last game though. How is that possible? The Giants are happy that the Dolphins are imploding more spectacularly so that everybody forgets how awful they are. Singletary will put up more yardage, bank it.

Sounds like wishful thinking but I like it.

NYG have so few options Barkley is going to out gain Singletary do to volume.  It's not out of the realm of possibility he returns a kick or punt to get him touches.  Imo Barkley is the best back in football and has that Barry Sanders quality of always finding a way to break one.  

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

I'll answer your question with a question!  Who cares!?  

This is passing league!  

A more interesting question would be who throws for more yards this year: Josh Allen or Eli Manning?

There's always that one guy. How about we empty the field. QB's and WRs only

...despite all of the "NEVER take a RB in the 1st" yapping, the Barkley kid acquitted himself quite well in his rookie season....Singeltary has 1/2 game of activity under his belt......if you can tell me WHICH Bflo Run D shows up, the "Brick Wall" or "Wikileaks", then we can talk about Barkley's probable production today....with their WR corp dinged, expect a heavy dose IMO....

• Like (+1) 1

Barkley gaining more total yards is the likely outcome, he is a beast and the Giants must feature him to win.  

Buffalo’s defense is good and seem to be getting better but in each of the past two season they have had periods over several games of poor tackling and poor run defense.  The coached blamed it on player doing their assignments, so the defense better be prepared.  

Singletary will get more touches and will likely make a few plays but the key for the Bills will again be Josh Allen managing the game and making the throws when needed.  

We need to get on the right side of the turnover battle this week.