Who will have more total Yards Saquon Barkley or Devin Singletary?

HOUSE

Who will have more total yards Saquon Barkley or Devin Singletary?  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have more total yards Saquon Barkley or Devin Singletary?

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

What bearing does last year have on this year!

Well, the OP was basing his claim on the Bills D ranking from last year, obviously, since only 1 game has been played this season.

i didn't think it was this tricky...

• Like (+1) 2

Barkley is ,I think, their key to winning. He should see the ball often and, yes, last year's stats are as relevant as last week's stats when it comes to run defense. Barkley more carries and more yards per run than Singletary. Having already been accused by a new guy here as a troll then have at it. Just offering an opinion. Have followed this team since they entered the league and I'm nit trolling just giving an opinion.

38 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

16th against the run last year

34 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The poster said one of the best Defences.   They struggled against the run last year.  They are facing the best RB in the NFL tomorrow.

I'm sorry, but is this last year? seems they didn't struggle to hold the mighty levon bell to 60 yds? I realize barkley is likely better then bell but lets not base whether they contain him on what they did last year.

barkley will likely out rush singletary but lets not forget he had 70 yds on 4 carries last week and that was late in the game.

13 minutes ago, Radar said:

Barkley is ,I think, their key to winning. He should see the ball often and, yes, last year's stats are as relevant as last week's stats when it comes to run defense. Barkley more carries and more yards per run than Singletary. Having already been accused by a new guy here as a troll then have at it. Just offering an opinion. Have followed this team since they entered the league and I'm nit trolling just giving an opinion.

no they are not.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

5 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I'm sorry, but is this last year? seems they didn't struggle to hold the mighty levon bell to 60 yds? I realize barkley is likely better then bell but lets not base whether they contain him on what they did last year.

barkley will likely out rush singletary but lets not forget he had 70 yds on 4 carries last week and that was late in the game.

no they are not.

Saquon Barkley is A LOT better runner than Bell.   He is explosive, Bell is not.

Bell averaged 4 ypa in 2017.......basically the same that McCoy averaged in a down 2017 season and less than league average per carry.

Barkley averaged 5 ypa in 2018...........he and Zeke are the two best, most consistently exceptional RB's in the NFL.

And last week Barkley averaged 11 ypa against the Cowboys.

The Bills did a good job getting to the ball last week but the tackling sucked.........if Bell was as explosive as Barkley he'd have had a monster day against that Bills defense.

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Saquon Barkley is A LOT better runner than Bell.   He is explosive, Bell is not.

Bell averaged 4 ypa in 2017.......basically the same that McCoy averaged in a down 2017 season and less than league average per carry.

Barkley averaged 5 ypa in 2018...........he and Zeke are the two best, most consistently exceptional RB's in the NFL.

And last week Barkley averaged 11 ypa against the Cowboys.

The Bills did a good job getting to the ball last week but the tackling sucked.........if Bell was as explosive as Barkley he'd have had a monster day against that Bills defense.

Agree with all of this with one subtle exception; I wouldn't say the tackling SUCKED. It wasn't great. And as much as the rest of the points are spot on, Bell has got to be the most "slippery" RB in the league.

Nevertheless, Barkley is a much more explosive runner and much more of a challenge than Bell. He's the best in the game as far as I'm concerned. So I have a hard time taking the question seriously. I mean, anything is possible; Singletary could bust a 78 yarder and that would change things. But the framing of the question makes it seem like a relatively even bet; It's FAR from that. 

Surprisingly I think it will be Devin. I think our Defensive game plan will be to stack the box and take Barkley out of the game. Much like Tampa did to McCaffrey. Then force Manning to have to throw more. Engram will be the stat monster for NYG this week. I think we hold Barkley to 70-80 yds on 20 carries and maybe 2-4 catches for another 15-20 yds.  Devin gets 80 on 12 carries plus another 45 on 4-5 passes to edge him out. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

Agree with all of this with one subtle exception; I wouldn't say the tackling SUCKED. It wasn't great. And as much as the rest of the points are spot on, Bell has got to be the most "slippery" RB in the league.

Nevertheless, Barkley is a much more explosive runner and much more of a challenge than Bell. He's the best in the game as far as I'm concerned. So I have a hard time taking the question seriously. I mean, anything is possible; Singletary could bust a 78 yarder and that would change things. But the framing of the question makes it seem like a relatively even bet; It's FAR from that. 

Bell is slippery but there were just a lot of arm tackles instead of wrapping up..........Barkley would blow thru those attempted arm tackles too but the difference is he won't just fall forward for an extra yard or two like Bell he will keep going.    If they can't get a lead to deter the Giants from running the ball and then tackle like they did last week against Barkley they will end up on those "he broke 6 tackles highlights".    On the plus side they should be able to keep more run personnel on the field a lot with the Giants WR corps being decimated. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1