Sign in to follow this  
JP's Voice

OBJ Wears $250K Watch During Game

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Stupid.  Not only from a watch damage perspective, but he could be de-gloved.

Motorsports drivers never wear a watch while driving (or at least should not) for this reason. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degloving

GAAAAHHHHHH NO NO NO PLEASE GOD NO

I was worried about the watch stripping skin off of OTHER players, but then you had to go and remind me of the horrors of...blech...degloving...

• Haha (+1) 1

I will never understand Jewelry. Obscene money for shiny metal and sparkly rocks that somehow correlate with a persons self worth.

to each their own,.....  but I find it to be such a turn off.

what I really don't understand is why anyone on the planet would wear a $250k watch while playing in an NFL football game.

5 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I disagree.  It is something that can be learned...that is if the diva's are willing to change.  Unfortunately in some cases, millions of dollars can make them not care less how they are perceived.

I suppose chronologically...hopefully maturity.

When my daughter played high level soccer, the refs used to check all of the players for bracelets, etc knowing that someone could easily lose a finger getting it caught in such jewelry...and there is far less contact in soccer.  It would seem to me that the Players Association would put a stop to this stuff.  In fact, I noticed that Darnold was wearing at least a couple of those rubber 'in memory of' bracelets during the game yesterday. I can just image the reaction if a D Lineman were to get his finger caught in those things while reaching for a sack! 

1 hour ago, Rocket94 said:

Yet his coaches allow it. That seems to be the climate in Cleveland. Yeah, real cool...I guess in the superficial way to impress teenagers.

The new Kitchens climate in Cleveland.

:lol:

• Like (+1) 1

Dang!   Didn’t it throw off his balance or something?

17 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

people still wear watches? 

I do... but more as a fashion accessory than a practical thing.

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Here it is:

Related image

Unless that watch allows him to time travel, I’d say someone got ripped off...

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

Who has time to stop staring at their phone???

3 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

I like watches, and I have a few newfangled, bluetooth ones (Fitbit Smartwatch, Samsung Gear S3, Garmin), as well as about 35 "regular" watches. They range in cost from $50 to $500.

I mean, do I need any of them? Probably not....but you can probably say that for about 50% of the stuff I own. LOL

OBJ says he will not take it off.

"I'll still be wearing it," Beckham said Tuesday, per ESPN. "The same way I wear it every day I go to practice, when I go here, I go there, been wearing it. Take a shower with it on. It's just on me."

"If anybody else would've worn the watch, if it was a $20 watch, it wouldn't been no problem," he said. "That's just my life. If it ain't this, it's something else. If it wasn't the watch, it would've been the way I'd tied my shoes."

Poor persecuted OBJ.

SMH

nfl.com

a few viable options.

Have Henry Anderson step on it.

Make sure he scratches you with it then sue him for $200 Million dollars 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

On 9/9/2019 at 2:42 PM, JP's Voice said:

This guy is a total clown. I wouldn't wear my $250 watch in a game of pick-up basketball let alone a contact NFL game! Must be nice to be a $95 million dollar man...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27577756/nfl-speak-obj-wearing-watch

..or he gets something in exchange for wearing that watch in games. #productplacement.

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

..or he gets something in exchange for wearing that watch in games. #productplacement.

Bingo.  Probably got at least the one he wore plus another one that didn't get banged up on the field.

How bourgeois. Makes him really easy to relate to as a player. 

OBJ,  should stfu and get some perspective.   the NFL is singling him out?  of course they are,  cuz hes the single player in the entire league wearing a friggen watch in a game.

price of the watch doesnt matter.   im sure he got it for free and was wearing it for the watch maker as an advertisement.  if thats true, thats against the leagues policies (endorsements during games).  its their league,  not his.   i dont defend the NFL very much but ffs,  this guy needs to get readjusted by somebody.  i doubt he respects anybody enough for that to happen.

some of these overpaid "men" really have little sense of how good they have it.   getting tired of  of these me first greedy showoffs.  it ruins the game. 

good luck Cleveland,  youll need it.

• Like (+1) 1

The watch is like a new car, it loses a lot of value as soon as it leaves the sales floor.

On 9/9/2019 at 5:45 PM, stosh64 said:

The new Kitchens climate in Cleveland.

:lol:

Someone photoshop Sad Mayfield sitting with Sad Keanu!

SadKeanu.jpg

On 9/9/2019 at 11:42 AM, JP's Voice said:

This guy is a total clown. I wouldn't wear my $250 watch in a game of pick-up basketball let alone a contact NFL game! Must be nice to be a $95 million dollar man...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27577756/nfl-speak-obj-wearing-watch

He is crazy, but I do wear my Apple Watch in pickup basketball every Saturday at the part and it was $450 haha...blinging!  Actually, its like the only heavy cardio I get, so I want the workout to be counted hahaha

He’s not very smart, I bought a Casio once for like $20. It does all the same stuff. 

Including not not helping me win professional football games. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Cleveland is amazing.  They have found a way to be the most unlikable franchise in completely different ways 2 years in a row.  Last year? Jarvis Landry, Gregg Williams, Todd Haley. This year, OBJ, Baker Mayfield, Kareem Hunt.  Unreal.