Unidentified Buyer bid of $3.2 billion for Colts rejected (Irsay not looking to sell)

Reed83HOF

6 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I thought his thing was pills?

6 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

I thought he was more of a pills guy. 

Great minds, etc, etc

He’s all of the above. Irsay has been in trouble primarily from the prescription drugs (like Oxy). He has also admitted to using recreational drugs. For the purpose of my joke felt like “blow” would work better than “Oxycotin” or “Vicodin.” 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, T master said:

There are only 32 people in the entire world that owns a NFL franchise & i think he turned him down  for that reason .

Honestly, I would too. I mean 3.2 billion is grea and all but to have the opportunity to go an NFL practice and sit in on meetings and just be a part of that club? Yeah, I think ill hold onto this

Not like Irsey needs the money

LOL this is almost certainly not true. "The Colts"  (i.e. Jim Irsay) said an anonymous bidder offered at least half a billion more than the team is worth--out of the blue....and he turns it down.

It's like he's trolling his own fans--"i'm not going anywhere!".

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Honestly, I would too. I mean 3.2 billion is grea and all but to have the opportunity to go an NFL practice and sit in on meetings and just be a part of that club? Yeah, I think ill hold onto this

Not like Irsey needs the money

He spends a lot of money on blow on a monthly basis.  He may need the money.

8 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

He spends a lot of money on blow on a monthly basis.  He may need the money.

he could buy a cartel for 3.2 billion.  

But I don't see this as too far out of left field. The panthers operating income estimate was around 75 mil last year and they sold for 2.4 bil.  The colts is estimated at just over 100 mil per year so if the teams sold off the same operating income percentage the colts would be around 3.2 bil or so. 

8 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

he could buy a cartel for 3.2 billion.  

But I don't see this as too far out of left field. The panthers operating income estimate was around 75 mil last year and they sold for 2.4 bil.  The colts is estimated at just over 100 mil per year so if the teams sold off the same operating income percentage the colts would be around 3.2 bil or so. 

huh?

12 hours ago, T master said:

There are only 32 people in the entire world that owns a NFL franchise & i think he turned him down  for that reason .

There are over 2100 billionaires on the planet at last count, most appear to have no interest in owning an American football team, judging by how few show interest when a team is up for sale. It seems to be an American thing by and large. I wonder if a name will ever get leaked, or as someone alluded to, it could be a unfounded rumor. 

15 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

the panthers sold for 32 times  earnings. if cols did they'd be at 3.2 mil. 

So, the Bills, with 86 million are now worth 2.75 billion?

And the Cowboys, at 420 million are worth....13.4 billion?

Yeah, that's not how it works...