If Bills Games Become Too Expensive, Will You Switch Teams?

Gugny

9 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

The Jets and Giants only have affordable tickets when they are terrible. So it's not like the other option you have is cheaper. I lived a 10 minute drive away from Giants Stadium for the first 28 years of my life and I have only been to less than 10 football games half of them being preseason games. 

This year should be real bargain!?

• Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

It's Gugny. He's one of the favorites of admin, so he can say whatever he wants without criticism from the old timers.

I've noticed this.  It is quite off-putting that some favored posters can troll and personally attack others and not get warned/banned. There are a few that do it to virtually every newcomer.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

A Bills game, even driving from NH, plus hotel and food for a weekend, is still cheaper than seeing a Patriots game in Foxboro.

Not even mentioning the ‘cost of one’s soul’...

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

and yes coat is a big factor in taking the trek north. 

And here I thought it had something to do with crossing state lines.  ?

’Coat’ because the stadium is north?  Or did you mean ‘cost’?  Either could be a valid reason.  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Gugny said:

This is more directed toward fans who have to drive a long way to attend a game.

I drive over 5 hours to get to Orchard Park.  With the ticket prices and the tailgating options, I don't mind one bit.  I only go to one home game/year.

But it's expensive.  One home game costs me a total of about $700 when it's all said and done with tickets (2), lodging, tailgate food/beer, etc.

When the Bills build their new stadium downtown and jack the prices up ... AND make the tailgating experience one that dictates you eat their food and drink their beer at their prices .... I won't go anymore.

I live an hour north of Albany, NY.  A 3.5 hour (tops) drive to the Meadowlands/MetLife.  Part of me thinks that, if the Bills price me out, I'd just latch onto a team that's closer to me.

I've always said that if I lived 2 hours closer to Buffalo, I'd be a season ticket holder.  I could do that with one of the New Jersey teams and be able to afford going to games.

Anyone else giving this any thought?  I hate the thought of being gouged out of my fandom, but it looks like it's heading in that direction.

I get how higher prices could impact whether or not you could go to game, but why would it make you want to switch teams?  Jets/Giants would still be more expensive in order of magnitudes than anything the Bills do to prices. 

This is more directed toward fans who have to drive a long way to attend a game.

I drive over 5 hours to get to Orchard Park.  With the ticket prices and the tailgating options, I don't mind one bit.  I only go to one home game/year.

But it's expensive.  One home game costs me a total of about $700 when it's all said and done with tickets (2), lodging, tailgate food/beer, etc.

When the Bills build their new stadium downtown and jack the prices up ... AND make the tailgating experience one that dictates you eat their food and drink their beer at their prices .... I won't go anymore.

I live an hour north of Albany, NY.  A 3.5 hour (tops) drive to the Meadowlands/MetLife.  Part of me thinks that, if the Bills price me out, I'd just latch onto a team that's closer to me.

I've always said that if I lived 2 hours closer to Buffalo, I'd be a season ticket holder.  I could do that with one of the New Jersey teams and be able to afford going to games.

Anyone else giving this any thought?  I hate the thought of being gouged out of my fandom, but it looks like it's heading in that direction.

Been a Bills fan my whole life / 40 years and I will die as a Bills fan no matter what 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Bevis said:

I've noticed this.  It is quite off-putting that some favored posters can troll and personally attack others and not get warned/banned. There are a few that do it to virtually every newcomer.

Yeah, there is a certain muppet who trolls newcomers, fitting avatar really...

34 minutes ago, Element115 said:

I’m pretty sure  it’s got more to do with with the substance then being a newcomer 

Edited by Putin
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Element115 said:

you two are one (Bevis) of same actually. newcomers, I think not. these recent accounts just decided to take a new name and climb out from under a rock.

LastRewardingAdouri-size_restricted.gif

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

TRBJ, is that you?

10 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

Are you f**** kidding me?

Geez, rational people don't just change teams for $$$ reasons.

Gugny, are you from WNY area - or latched on to Bills some other way?

@Gugny claims he is from Upstate but he sounds like a downstater.

He counts everything to the penny and is damn proud of it.

I will take lodging off the table and he can stay with me.  I will shop at Tops too before he arrives.  He will love it!

51VVbFD5EqL.jpg

Oh... Bye Felicia!

I mean Felixia...