If Bills Games Become Too Expensive, Will You Switch Teams?

Gugny

2 hours ago, CountryCletus said:

Yeah.... he’s crying about a $700 weekend, that last year claimed was $600..... we roped ourselves into $3600 for tickets, one game we are staying in Hamburg the night before $125, and all the tailgates, which I can only assume we will have $50 (min) per game between food and drink....$400.... let’s call it $4,200.... then the 2 hour each way drive and the $1.35 toll.... hahaha...  perhaps @Gugny needs to find a team based out of Israel.... he can watch them with the rest of his people.... lol

If it only cost me $700 I would go to way more games. 

17 hours ago, Gugny said:

This is more directed toward fans who have to drive a long way to attend a game.

I drive over 5 hours to get to Orchard Park.  With the ticket prices and the tailgating options, I don't mind one bit.  I only go to one home game/year.

But it's expensive.  One home game costs me a total of about $700 when it's all said and done with tickets (2), lodging, tailgate food/beer, etc.

When the Bills build their new stadium downtown and jack the prices up ... AND make the tailgating experience one that dictates you eat their food and drink their beer at their prices .... I won't go anymore.

I live an hour north of Albany, NY.  A 3.5 hour (tops) drive to the Meadowlands/MetLife.  Part of me thinks that, if the Bills price me out, I'd just latch onto a team that's closer to me.

I've always said that if I lived 2 hours closer to Buffalo, I'd be a season ticket holder.  I could do that with one of the New Jersey teams and be able to afford going to games.

Anyone else giving this any thought?  I hate the thought of being gouged out of my fandom, but it looks like it's heading in that direction.

Gugny I do not doubt your fandom so I want to ask a related question- would you prefer to watch the Bills on TV or another team in person? I would rather watch Bills on TV so my answer is easy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Gugny I do not doubt your fandom so I want to ask a related question- would you prefer to watch the Bills on TV or another team in person? I would rather watch Bills on TV so my answer is easy.

That is honestly exactly where I am.  It was just a fleeting "what if," thought and I put it out there to generate discussion.

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

What if the tailgates mandate that you eat food from vendors and purchase beverages from vendors? 

Depending on how ridiculous it is (I’d still go to some, but maybe a reduced #), I just might spend more time at the Bills bar here in Atlanta. It’s absolutely ROCKIN’ and hundreds of great Bills fans are there!  There are always options, I’ll NEVER change my team, as long as that team is in WNY. (Or upstate NY, if you are an idiot!) 

3 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Only read the OP and wish I didn't. I'll never get those 30 seconds back. And in what world would a Giants/Jets game be cheaper than a Bills game. You could fly in from Chicago and it'd still be cheaper than going to the swamp.

You should read the entire thread to gain some clarity.

5 minutes ago, PaulieYayo said:

Sunday Ticket dude...I live in NJ and rarely get up for games but I would never abandon ship. If I haven't switched by now, it wouldn't be ticket prices that pushed me over the edge. 

Dude. Kickoff is usually 1pm. Why can’t you get up at 12:45pm to watch a game?

4 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Dude. Kickoff is usually 1pm. Why can’t you get up at 12:45pm to watch a game?

Personally, I set an alarm, so I usually check in before halftime. What can I say? I’ve become a night owl!