Is anybody else having anxiety about game one?

If anything, I continue to feel more confident about that game as the days pass.  Jets' first team OL hasn't even played together and Kalil admitted to being "rusty" in the mental aspect of the game -- the very thing he was brought in for.  Bell hasn't played in a football game in 20 months.  Their CBs -- which need to be a strength in a Gregggggg Williams defense -- are lackluster.  Q Williams isn't even starting.  They lost two LBs and their starting TE is suspended.

Against the Bills' established, technically sound defense I simply don't see the Jets putting up a lot of points, and I think it's realistic to expect the Bills' DL to dominate the Jets OL.

If Josh can pick up the blitzes and hit the hot read this could be a laugher.

• Like (+1) 2

Honestly, I don’t like the talent matchup with the Jest.  It seems like they are strong in ways that should make things difficult for us.  But they also have some very suspect coaching.  I’m not a believer in Gase or Greggg.  Seriously, other than Wrex he might have the worst defensive scheme in the NFL.  So I am torn on this game.  It really could go either way.  I certainly wouldn’t bet money on it.

53 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Honestly, I don’t like the talent matchup with the Jest.  It seems like they are strong in ways that should make things difficult for us.  But they also have some very suspect coaching.  I’m not a believer in Gase or Greggg.  Seriously, other than Wrex he might have the worst defensive scheme in the NFL.  So I am torn on this game.  It really could go either way.  I certainly wouldn’t bet money on it.

too much boasting and taking this game for granted on here....  :(

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Gang Green forum is doing the same thing - the game is a coin flip

How dare you.

Your Bills Fan Club membership is restricted for 1 week!!!!! 

:lol:

9 minutes ago, row_33 said:

too much boasting and taking this game for granted on here....  :(

No game should ever be taken for granted.

But just like the Bills and Josh,  the NYETS and Sam have proved nothing as well

The first 4 weeks of any season are always crazy with upsets and blowouts and don't accurately represent the teams true qualities. The Patriots always look flat the first couple games. This has allot to do with how little they do during training camp no more 2 a days and allot less hitting. A week one loss is not the end of the world.

10 minutes ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

The first 4 weeks of any season are always crazy with upsets and blowouts and don't accurately represent the teams true qualities. The Patriots always look flat the first couple games. This has allot to do with how little they do during training camp no more 2 a days and allot less hitting. A week one loss is not the end of the world.

you can't go 16-0 if you start 0-1 

to your point yes. But I believe the Bills are better than the NYETS 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Gang Green forum is doing the same thing - the game is a coin flip

As I posted in this thread earlier this morning, the more days pass the more this game looks tilted in Buffalo's favor (to me).  That's not me taking the Jests for granted -- I'm sure they will play hard -- but me looking at the specific position groups and coaching and arriving at a conclusion that the Bills should win or push most of those matchups.  For example, last year I would have given the Jests DL a big edge over the Bills OL, but the Bills have replaced 4/5 of the line with proven veterans (and Cody).  Now that looks much more even.  Similarly, I would have given the Jests an edge in ST but the Bills went out and swiped their best STer.  I don't believe in Adam Gase as a leader.  I think for that team to succeed over the long term they will need immediate success, because Gase is not the guy who will keep them together if it goes south.  Greggggg is still looking for his next HC gig -- do you think he'll support Gase if things aren't going swimmingly?

Then I look at Buffalo's relative "harmony" across the board; a stable coaching staff with a few noted changes (OL, ST), the same schemes, and an established culture that appears to finally be matched with a good bit of talent.

I think the Jests will probably get a few good punches in, but the Bills have a strong jaw and will eventually get the KO.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, eball said:

As I posted in this thread earlier this morning, the more days pass the more this game looks tilted in Buffalo's favor (to me).  That's not me taking the Jests for granted -- I'm sure they will play hard -- but me looking at the specific position groups and coaching and arriving at a conclusion that the Bills should win or push most of those matchups.  For example, last year I would have given the Jests DL a big edge over the Bills OL, but the Bills have replaced 4/5 of the line with proven veterans (and Cody).  Now that looks much more even.  Similarly, I would have given the Jests an edge in ST but the Bills went out and swiped their best STer.  I don't believe in Adam Gase as a leader.  I think for that team to succeed over the long term they will need immediate success, because Gase is not the guy who will keep them together if it goes south.  Greggggg is still looking for his next HC gig -- do you think he'll support Gase if things aren't going swimmingly?

Then I look at Buffalo's relative "harmony" across the board; a stable coaching staff with a few noted changes (OL, ST), the same schemes, and an established culture that appears to finally be matched with a good bit of talent.

I think the Jests will probably get a few good punches in, but the Bills have a strong jaw and will eventually get the KO.

Jets fans think it’s an easy win. Why, I have no idea. It’s two similar teams but so many differences at the same time. 

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jets fans think it’s an easy win. Why, I have no idea. It’s two similar teams but so many differences at the same time. 

And that's really my point.  Where do they think they have an edge and why (besides home field)?