If Chad Kelly Was Ever Going to Make It

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

On 11/4/2019 at 7:25 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

No one is questioning if he has “NFL talent.” I can’t speak for everyone but I’m questioning why he has a “NFL job.” Those 2 things are not interchangeable. Colin Kaepernick has NFL talent but no NFL job. 

Is a QB3/PS QB with numerous off the field incidents a better option than someone like Davis Webb? He’s a guy that people thought relatively highly of coming out as well. If Davis Webb had the EXACT same Off the field issues as Chad Kelly would he still be in the league? I doubt it. That’s where the Kelly connection comes in. 

It’s probably safe to say that not everyone who has NFL talent has an NFL job. Kelly has one and Kaep doesn’t because the people in charge of who gets those jobs think he should have one. That’s how the real world works, and it’s good enough for me. 

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

It’s probably safe to say that not everyone who has NFL talent has an NFL job. Kelly has one and Kaep doesn’t because the people in charge of who gets those jobs think he should have one. That’s how the real world works, and it’s good enough for me. 

Doesn’t mean it’s right...It just means that’s what it is. No one in the world believes that Nate Peterman is more capable of playing QB than Kaep. That’s what it is now.

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Doesn’t mean it’s right...It just means that’s what it is. No one in the world believes that Nate Peterman is more capable of playing QB than Kaep. That’s what it is now.

No, Peterman isn’t better than Kaep. It’s about much more than that, though. It’s absolutely right if you believe in the rights of business owners to run their individual businesses ( legally of course)  the way they see fit.

34 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

No, Peterman isn’t better than Kaep. It’s about much more than that, though. It’s absolutely right if you believe in the rights of business owners to run their individual businesses ( legally of course) the way they see fit.

Of course I believe in that!!! Everyone does!!! It doesn’t mean that every decision made is right....no one is saying that you have to employ Kaep. No one is sayin Peterman is better. Peterman is employed. All of those are true

Edited by Kirby Jackson

On 11/3/2019 at 11:29 PM, Buffalo716 said:

I've been a player, coach and scout all my life. I have tons of friends still employed in football still playing and coaching and scouting and I still scout

Oh yeah?! Prove it!

What do you think of Josh Allen? 

We will evaluate your scouting skills now ? 

Just now, BigDingus said:

Oh yeah?! Prove it!

What do you think of Josh Allen? 

We will evaluate your scouting skills now ? 

I think for a 23 year old QB that was very green, who I thought should sit for a year or 2 and learn he has excesses my personal expectations

Buffalo hasn't developed a QB in probably 45-50 years , since Fergy.. Kelly was already a professional and was seasoned in the USFL

People critic every throw from him like he's a 10 year vet. He had a lot of things to clean up coming out including footwork, ball placement, seeing the whole field

His footwork can still be erratic but it's undoubtedly cleaner in the short to mid game than last season. He is making quicker decisions and his ball placement has really improved this season

The deep ball is obviously a work in progress but it doesn't super concern me like others. Everybody digs the deep ball.. but most people don't realize how fickle it is and hard to complete at a good clip..  an NFL deep ball is a throw over 20 yards... I don't think Josh super struggles at 20 yarders , he isn't connecting on 40-50-60 yarders and that's difficult

His mechanics are a bit off on deep balls this year and I think a full off-season of work and conditioning his body to keep the same mechanics will be big

He makes hard plays for a QB look easy and sometimes easy things look hard but that is a price you pay for a super talented yet green QB..  I wasn't a huge fan when we drafted him but I never saw him live

He has exceeded my expectations and I think the arrow is pointing up

His intangibles are off the chart and when the games on the line he is extremely hard to stop because he can get it done with arms and legs

He needs to continue to work on going through his full progressions but that comes with experience and I'm glad he's our QB

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

I think for a 23 year old QB that was very green, who I thought should sit for a year or 2 and learn he has excesses my personal expectations

Buffalo hasn't developed a QB in probably 45-50 years , since Fergy.. Kelly was already a professional and was seasoned in the USFL

People critic every throw from him like he's a 10 year vet. He had a lot of things to clean up coming out including footwork, ball placement, seeing the whole field

His footwork can still be erratic but it's undoubtedly cleaner in the short to mid game than last season. He is making quicker decisions and his ball placement has really improved this season

The deep ball is obviously a work in progress but it doesn't super concern me like others. Everybody digs the deep ball.. but most people don't realize how fickle it is and hard to complete at a good clip..  an NFL deep ball is a throw over 20 yards... I don't think Josh super struggles at 20 yarders , he isn't connecting on 40-50-60 yarders and that's difficult

His mechanics are a bit off on deep balls this year and I think a full off-season of work and conditioning his body to keep the same mechanics will be big

He makes hard plays for a QB look easy and sometimes easy things look hard but that is a price you pay for a super talented yet green QB..  I wasn't a huge fan when we drafted him but I never saw him live

He has exceeded my expectations and I think the arrow is pointing up

His intangibles are off the chart and when the games on the line he is extremely hard to stop because he can get it done with arms and legs

He needs to continue to work on going through his full progressions but that comes with experience and I'm glad he's our QB

Psssh... too many positives, now I know you're lying!

Lol just messing around, appreciate your breakdown though.

3 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

No, Peterman isn’t better than Kaep. It’s about much more than that, though. It’s absolutely right if you believe in the rights of business owners to run their individual businesses ( legally of course)  the way they see fit.

Theory 1:

He could be a starter on 4 or 5 bottom teams this season. He could be a 2nd QB on any team..

The rub: he's asking Top-15 starter money (20 million). This does not lead to a contract.

Theory 2:

As for Kaepernick himself, he doesn't speak often, but he may well have moved past football, preferring to put his social activism first. He has not played since the 2016 season and he and Eric Reid recently reached a settlement in their collusion grievance case against the NFL for an undisclosed amount of money.

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Someone just needs to give Chad a chance!! Everyone makes a mistake.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/03/chad-kelly-is-sued-for-assault/

When I read this yesterday I thought "what took him so long?"  

Whether or not Chad did anything to the guy, you had to know how was going to sue. Probably took this long to get an attorney willing to take the case. ?‍♀️

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

When I read this yesterday I thought "what took him so long?"  

Whether or not Chad did anything to the guy, you had to know how was going to sue. Probably took this long to get an attorney willing to take the case. ?‍♀️

Seems like a nose so badly broken that it takes four surgeries to properly fix is some pretty solid proof that Choad did something to the guy.  Four surgeries is probably what took so long to file.  I don’t know what the videographer is suing for, but seems as though should at least have that paid for.  And the equipment Choad broke. 

54 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Seems like a nose so badly broken that it takes four surgeries to properly fix is some pretty solid proof that Choad did something to the guy.  Four surgeries is probably what took so long to file.  I don’t know what the videographer is suing for, but seems as though should at least have that paid for.  And the equipment Choad broke. 

Not necessarily.  It could be an incompetent doctor.  Not all doctors are competent as I know very well.

• Sad 1