If Chad Kelly Was Ever Going to Make It

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Chad kelly IS NOT AROUND because Jim. That's an asinine assumption. He has great athletic ability and a big time arm

He's better than 95% of the QB3s in the league so he 100% is NFL material

People thinking he has a job because he's related to Jim Kelly's sperm is ridiculous

He is super talented and just a knuckle case... So was Jim

Not saying he's Jim's caliber but he is really talented

That's quite an assumption.

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

That's quite an assumption.

I've talked to many scouts who had Chad as a top 3 round QB but took him off the board because off field issues

Playing in the NFL is a privilege and not a right. Tons of super talented guys didn't get a shake because of issues

He can spin the rock. EVERYTHING else between the ears is a different story

You can't hand the reigns of the franchise over to a head case and that's why he wasn't drafted till Mr irrelevant

53 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I've talked to many scouts who had Chad as a top 3 round QB but took him off the board because off field issues

Playing in the NFL is a privilege and not a right. Tons of super talented guys didn't get a shake because of issues

He can spin the rock. EVERYTHING else between the ears is a different story

You can't hand the reigns of the franchise over to a head case and that's why he wasn't drafted till Mr irrelevant

The position of QB is more mental than physical. There's no reason to believe that Chad is a better QB than any other QB currently in the league.

19 minutes ago, MJS said:

The position of QB is more mental than physical. There's no reason to believe that Chad is a better QB than any other QB currently in the league.

Most 3rd string QBs are physically gifted and are lacking between the ears

Coaches think they can coach them up

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Where you hanging out jawing with all these scouts?

I've been a player, coach and scout all my life. I have tons of friends still employed in football still playing and coaching and scouting and I still scout

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Chad kelly IS NOT AROUND because Jim. That's an asinine assumption. He has great athletic ability and a big time arm

He's better than 95% of the QB3s in the league so he 100% is NFL material

People thinking he has a job because he's related to Jim Kelly's sperm is ridiculous

He is super talented and just a knuckle case... So was Jim

Not saying he's Jim's caliber but he is really talented

No one is questioning if he has “NFL talent.” I can’t speak for everyone but I’m questioning why he has a “NFL job.” Those 2 things are not interchangeable. Colin Kaepernick has NFL talent but no NFL job. 

Is a QB3/PS QB with numerous off the field incidents a better option than someone like Davis Webb? He’s a guy that people thought relatively highly of coming out as well. If Davis Webb had the EXACT same Off the field issues as Chad Kelly would he still be in the league? I doubt it. That’s where the Kelly connection comes in. 

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I've been a player, coach and scout all my life. I have tons of friends still employed in football still playing and coaching and scouting and I still scout

In order to have tons of friends you only need about 8 size of Rob Ryan. Not a great indicator.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, StHustle said:

He is now one play away from being able to show the world he has starter level skills.

Not if Indy has their version of TBD-TSW...?

6 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I saw Dean play at Princeton. 

I wonder what he scored on the Wonderlic?  ?  Do you suppose he used Super reading speed if he did?

On 11/4/2019 at 7:25 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

No one is questioning if he has “NFL talent.” I can’t speak for everyone but I’m questioning why he has a “NFL job.” Those 2 things are not interchangeable. Colin Kaepernick has NFL talent but no NFL job. 

Is a QB3/PS QB with numerous off the field incidents a better option than someone like Davis Webb? He’s a guy that people thought relatively highly of coming out as well. If Davis Webb had the EXACT same Off the field issues as Chad Kelly would he still be in the league? I doubt it. That’s where the Kelly connection comes in. 

Chad didnt ask for 9 million a year or have his girlfriend call the head of a team a slave owner just as he was about to be signed.   Kap could have been back in the NFL if he wanted to be.