Jump to content
r henderson

Quinton Spain

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Bangarang said:

 

Maybe the Redskins will just give us Trent for an old sandwich.

Beef on weck with 5 wings

 

i really don’t pay attention to the oline unless it’s truly that bad.  They looked solid as a whole.  Was he really that bad?  He definitely is beefy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, r henderson said:

I just finished watching the Bills Carolina game and saw something very alarming. This is a one game observation, but Spain was getting beat on every single snap. The only way they were able to by time is with the play action. Maybe he's hurt, but his play was under whelming on that night. Constant pressure on every pla while showing very slow foot work. Comments please.  

 

I think a lot of folks in here just knew that Spain came from the Titans---starting so many games for an organization that's had more recent on-field success than the Bills---and likely convinced themselves that Spain was really solid because he was so trusted in protecting their "franchise QB".

 

I'm surprised at how Spain seems to be regarded a shoo-in at LG; I thought from the jump that he was being brought in to compete for a spot (RG specifically), but would ultimately serve as O-line depth if retained.

 

I'm really surprised that Spencer Long doesn't even seem to be in the mix for the LG position, because he's who I thought would solidify the left side of the line playing alongside Dawkins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of weeks ago I was reading how he was a "stud" in camp. Now he is "getting beat on every play." The winds of change are fickle.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

 

I think a lot of folks in here just knew that Spain came from the Titans---starting so many games for an organization that's had more recent on-field success than the Bills---and likely convinced themselves that Spain was really solid because he was so trusted in protecting their "franchise QB".

 

I'm surprised at how Spain seems to be regarded a shoo-in at LG; I thought from the jump that he was being brought in to compete for a spot (RG specifically), but would ultimately serve as O-line depth if retained.

 

I'm really surprised that Spencer Long doesn't even seem to be in the mix for the LG position, because he's who I thought would solidify the left side of the line playing alongside Dawkins.

 

Nope. I watched a lot of Spain in Tennessee and think he is really good. 

7 minutes ago, vincec said:

A couple of weeks ago I was reading how he was a "stud" in camp. Now he is "getting beat on every play." The winds of change are fickle.

 

He got beat twice and had one hold. Wasn't his best game but beat on every play is a major exaggeration 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Beef on weck with 5 wings

 

i really don’t pay attention to the oline unless it’s truly that bad.  They looked solid as a whole.  Was he really that bad?  He definitely is beefy. 

 

I only quickly watched the condensed version of the game and tbh I was only partially paying attention. It’s preseason so as long as there are no major injuries I don’t care too much.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jav said:

Shaq Lawson for Trent Williams. Redskins may get desperate. Then slide Dawkins to LG and Spain to bench to battle Teller for backup duties.

The Redskins D line is loaded.  What they need is offensive linemen.  So it ain't gonna happen.  Dan Snyder is not real swift but even he wouldn't do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

On Spain:

 

I have just watched the first drive back and the sack by Short is his only negative play. There was a play where Dawkins got completely blown up and Shady was hit behind the line and a then a play where Shady concerts a third and short where Spain pulls and then I think hits the wrong guy but still creates enough of a hole for Shady to get the first down. On this drive he works against Kawann Short for the most part and Kyle Love on a couple of plays. Spain is particularly effective at re-directing Short's rush angles keeping him wide and on the wide receiver screen to Beasley does a really nice job of getting up quickly to the second level to make the play. On the play he gets beat he overbalances slightly and against Short that is bad news and he is able to swat aside and make the play. 

 

Onto the second drive now but I have already ascertained the OP was talking out of a certain part of his anatomy. 

So just for reference here.....

 

Did ppl think that Cog and Eric Wood didnt have negative plays?   Of COURSE they did.

 

There are other very good players in the league these guys are going against......they are going to lose a battle here and there.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

 

Nope. I watched a lot of Spain in Tennessee and think he is really good. 

 

He got beat twice and had one hold. Wasn't his best game but beat on every play is a major exaggeration 

 

Spain just doesn't strike me as very imposing for his size; I'd like to see Long get his shot at LG. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BurpleBull said:

 

Spain just doesn't strike me as very imposing for his size; I'd like to see Long get his shot at LG. 

 

Spain is better than Long. Seen a lot of both. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, r henderson said:

I just finished watching the Bills Carolina game and saw something very alarming. This is a one game observation, but Spain was getting beat on every single snap. The only way they were able to by time is with the play action. Maybe he's hurt, but his play was under whelming on that night. Constant pressure on every pla while showing very slow foot work. Comments please.  

This is Fake News. I watched every play too,  watching multiple times. He did not get beat every play or anything close to that. His holding call was on a run to the right away from the ball carrier and is something you see every play. Let me guess you want Wyatt Teller? This is very Trump like to spin a false narrative to people who didn’t see the game. Kinda sad 😞 

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Hyperbole is the death of the message board. 

 

During the Flutie/RJ days some joker made some arguments of grandeur on YE OLE... so naturally YE OLE had to call him out on it. This fellow responds with “Ever hear of hyperbole man?”

 

So YE OLE tells this whipper snapper “No... is that Batman’s cousin?” And that’s the rest of the story right there, gents!

Edited by Cotton Fitzsimmons
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know the OP but if he thought this was the kind of message board where you could turn up, post something that is proveably false with a bit of simple rewatching of the game, and not get called on it then he picked the wrong place. 

 

It is one of the best things about this place. The majority of the posters know their stuff and don't just spout nonsense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Hyperbole is the death of the message board. 

How dare you want to deal with facts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

This is Fake News. I watched every play too,  watching multiple times. He did not get beat every play or anything close to that. His holding call was on a run to the right away from the ball carrier and is something you see every play. Let me guess you want Wyatt Teller? This is very Trump like to spin a false narrative to people who didn’t see the game. Kinda sad 😞 

 

The first part of your post is correct.  Until you got to Teller.  He had a very good game, and held up better against the same guys than Spain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Logic said:

 

Oops … guess he wasn't beaten on very play.  In fact, the second video shows some quality pass blocking against a very good DT.  If the coaches (And, they are the ones who actually know everything that is going on with the team.) had any doubts about his ability to play LG don't you think that they would have experimented just a little bit during these last few weeks?  Instead the left side has been a constant and that frankly has nothing to do with Morse' situation because Long or Feliciano or Teller could have been plugged in to see how they might make the left side better.  Thanks for the video clips … we always seem to be looking for the guy to beat up on with hyperboles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

 

Spain is better than Long. Seen a lot of both. 

 

 

If you were to assign letter grades to Dawkins, Spain, and Long, what would they be? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, aristocrat said:

he was going up against Short who might be the best d tackle in the league.  

Uh, I think Aaron Donald has something to say about that...

27 minutes ago, shoretalk said:

Oops … guess he wasn't beaten on very play.  In fact, the second video shows some quality pass blocking against a very good DT.  If the coaches (And, they are the ones who actually know everything that is going on with the team.) had any doubts about his ability to play LG don't you think that they would have experimented just a little bit during these last few weeks?  Instead the left side has been a constant and that frankly has nothing to do with Morse' situation because Long or Feliciano or Teller could have been plugged in to see how they might make the left side better.  Thanks for the video clips … we always seem to be looking for the guy to beat up on with hyperboles. 

 

Spain practiced at RG todsy while Long moved to LG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dawkins B- (I think he could be higher as a guard but not enough really to base it on)

Spain B 

Long C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cover 1 has a nice article about the O line in the Carolina game. Goes against this original premise.

1 hour ago, GG said:

 

The first part of your post is correct.  Until you got to Teller.  He had a very good game, and held up better against the same guys than Spain.

My point was that this original statement about Spain was so outrageous there had to be a reason. Teller is a fan favorite. He’s having a good camp. I was not trying to throw shade on Teller but of the original statement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

Cover 1 has a nice article about the O line in the Carolina game. Goes against this original premise.

My point was that this original statement about Spain was so outrageous there had to be a reason. Teller is a fan favorite. He’s having a good camp. I was not trying to throw shade on Teller but of the original statement.

Misunderstood the post.  Thought you implied that Teller didn't play well.  He was good on Friday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Hyperbole is the death of the message board. 

 

As my debate teacher taught me "Exaggeration is the first weapon for people unprepared for battle if wits."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

 

As my debate teacher taught me "Exaggeration is the first weapon for people unprepared for battle if wits."

 a Master you had , so it seems.
well done Lime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems odd because, unless I'm missing something, he appears to be clearly out of shape. And I wouldn't think that would fly under McDermott.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went back and took a second look at Spain' play with my Tivo focusing on him

 

Spain won a lot more of those battles then he lost.....he had the one play where he got shoved out of the way and a defender got past him to get McCoy in the backfield

 

But other then that.....against a good Panther's DL....Spain was solid....and he will get out in front of a screen and actually try to hit somebody

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...