Bills TC Day 15 (8/14) Joint Practice #2 with Panthers

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

My question when does unspectacular mean anything. The offense was moving the ball you can do that as pedestrian as you want, it doesn't change the fact the O is moving the damn ball well. 

Unspectacular 6 is equal to a spectacular 6 when they add them up. Was the O demonstrating it can win the field position battle, was the O showing it can eat up clock ?

Brady is unspectacular a lot of times carving up defenses by dumping it to backs and making a bunch of short throws but constantly moving the chains. You can score a LOT of points being unspectacular.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Brady is unspectacular a lot of times carving up defenses by dumping it to backs and making a bunch of short throws but constantly moving the chains.

I think the fact Allen can do these things in his sophomore year and looking poised and effortless gives the impression of unspectacular but really it shows a huge sophomore jump in Allen's maturity/ability IMO.

Your Brady analogy plays well here... If you can keep the chains moving unspectacularly you force the D to play differently and then bam, a spectacular play because the D was used ot the unspectacular and adjust accordingly

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

I think the fact Allen can do these things in his sophomore year and looking poised and effortless gives the impression of unspectacular but really it shows a huge sophomore jump in Allen's maturity/ability IMO.

Your Brady analogy plays well here... If you can keep the chains moving unspectacularly you force the D to play differently and then bam, a spectacular play because the D was used ot the unspectacular and adjust accordingly

I think it's going to have a lot to do with how defenses play him. Starting out they're definitely going to be warry of the long ball but eventually if he keeps beating them in the short game it should open things up for some more downfield magic.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, jletha said:

https://onepantherplace.com/?p=2497

Some good stuff in here about our defense. Then takes a cheap shots at Bills fans haha. Must have had his jimmys rustled by the Panthers camp being dominated by Bills fans

That's pretty good reporting.   Look at this graphic he had:

Board Game InfoLKSDLSD.png

2 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

good article.

thought this was interesting.

Board-Game-InfoLKSDLSD.png?resize=1160,1

whoops.  beat me.  Really interesting, isn't it?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2