Jeffrey Epstein Arrested, DEAD in apparent suicide 8/10/19. Epstein Handler Maxwell arrested/denied bail.

2 hours ago, Koko78 said:

You laugh, but there are some really stupid gator-level lawyers out there...

Usually I've found that the gator level stupid settles in when the lawyer tries his/her hand at an area that they are not familiar with. I once had a well known divorce attorney with a hard-ass reputation attempt to represent a lady at a real estate closing. As the attorney for the buyer it was his responsibility to do most of the paperwork. Well, his office messed it up but when that was pointed out, he immediately went into attack mode and tried to belittle the attorney for the seller. I guess he thought real estate closings were supposed to be adversarial.

7 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Usually I've found that the gator level stupid settles in when the lawyer tries his/her hand at an area that they are not familiar with. I once had a well known divorce attorney with a hard-ass reputation attempt to represent a lady at a real estate closing. As the attorney for the buyer it was his responsibility to do most of the paperwork. Well, his office messed it up but when that was pointed out, he immediately went into attack mode and tried to belittle the attorney for the seller. I guess he thought real estate closings were supposed to be adversarial.

In his defense, most real estate attorneys are complete *****heads anyway.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

In his defense, most real estate attorneys are complete *****heads anyway.

They don't really do much of the work unless there are peculiar problems. They just basically show up at the closing and explain the work their paralegal did to their client. The divorce attorney truly was an asswhole and I ripped into him for being so. I had another attorney (husband of a judge) suggest that I forge a signature on a check.