Mitch Morse in concussion protocol

48 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I can't imagine living my life in such a state of crisis that such a minor injury (weeks before the season is set to start) would get me this worked up.  

He has a concussion history and just might have got one 4 days into camp with very little contact.  I don’t think you understand how Head injuries work.  It’s not like put some ice on it and take a practice off.  

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I'd be curious to know (without taking the requisite time to dig into it) if Mark ever got another concussion while rocking that thing? I bet he didn't though. 

He had no officially diagnosed concussions since told by Bills trainer Eddie Abramoski: "Wear the helmet or not play".  I met Bills trainer Eddie Abramoski at a tailgate where he was a guest of honor and got autograph on my book.  He played four more years post ProCap helmet.

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He has a concussion history and just might have got one 4 days into camp with very little contact.  I don’t think you understand how Head injuries work.  It’s not like put some ice on it and take a practice off.  

Listen to the man.  I am sure he has a lot of experience with them and is living with symptoms.

46 minutes ago, twist_to_open said:

Might not be a bad idea to have our scouts looking hard at stud centers at the college level this year. Never too early to get ready for the next draft, even though well be picking 32nd.

No stud centers available at 32.  Beane needs to start trading for picks now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I would assume if he’s that far along already it definitely wasn’t severe.... they do come in stages right? Lol 

i mean didn’t he once miss month with one? 

My understanding is why there can be stronger ones, every concussion is a bad one.  And they start adding up and just become easier and easier to get.  That’s why it can be a very big deal.  Especially in football.  Especially at a position where he literally bash heads on every play.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Cripple Creek said:

***** you and the @Augie you rode in on.

Augie is in no mood for joy riding! 

This sucks! My worst fear from this offseason has become a reality.....just as soon as it started......

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, MR8 said:

Bodine is case and point of this... he was a starter with Cincy and they let him walk, he came here and didn't win the job outright ... we made him the starter then replaced him the next year.

I think with Morse's history with concussions, this means Bodine gets to keep his spot on the roster.  I know he doesn't have the ability to swing to OG like Feliciano or Long, but he's a better center than both of those guys, and you need to be prepared for the eventuality that Morse misses time, whether it be snaps or games, I think it's obvious this dude isn't going to be in every snap...

He lost the center battle in preseason last year and did not beat Ryan Groy who played well in substitutions for Eric Wood.  He did not even start opener although he did play 10 games weeks 3-14 before breaking his leg (seems to be common problem with centers).

17 minutes ago, Augie said:

Augie is in no mood for joy riding! 

This sucks! My worst fear from this offseason has become a reality.....just as soon as it started......

Me too. Please forgive my earlier harshness.

Edited by Cripple Creek

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Just what the negative people needed to feel better about themselves.

:rolleyes:

What would be the positive spin on this I wonder?  Signing an injury prone player and he gets hurt on the 4th day in camp with an injury related to the injury prone concerns. This is almost as bad as Holcomb slipping on the mat, then later falling in the shower and whacking his head then having to retire.  Can't help but feel like this player is damaged goods, and may never be able to be counted upon to be available.  This is very bad news, not to be swept under the rug IMO.

• Like (+1) 1