Mitch Morse in concussion protocol

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I dont suppose this would be the wrong time to say......calm down?

Normally I'd agree with you, John.  But we're talking about the highest paid center in the league having a significant injury history - including concussions - who's already been concussed in the first week of training camp.

Oh ... and there's no contingency plan.

I am a huge Beane fan ... but this does not look good for the Bills or for Beane.

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

Hate to break this to you but stating an opinion about something unlikely to happen is not "a fact."

Replace "When," with "If," and it's factual.  Poor wording on my part.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

This thread would be hilarious, if ti wasn't so sad.

How many of you posting in here were just waiting for this kind of news to validate your individual biases?

I was ecstatic when he was acquired.  I didn't know he had such a lengthy injury history, though.  I hope this is just a slight concussion and he doesn't miss a beat.  Dude is still very young.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I was ecstatic when he was acquired.  I didn't know he had such a lengthy injury history, though.  I hope this is just a slight concussion and he doesn't miss a beat.  Dude is still very young.

You know I'm right about this, though. Right? Edit: the guy cleared medical when acquired.

Edited by Joe in Winslow

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Replace "When," with "If," and it's factual.  Poor wording on my part.

So we should all consider "When or if Gugny is caught in a huge emu sex trafficking scandal he will become the first TBDer to be caught in a huge emu trafficking scandal" a fact? Good to know.

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

You know I'm right about this, though. Right?

Oh, I'm sure anyone who was against getting/paying him will jump on this like white on rice.

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

So we should all consider "When or if Gugny is caught in a huge emu sex trafficking scandal he will become the first TBDer to be caught in a huge emu trafficking scandal" a fact? Good to know.

No ... that would be adding, instead of replacing. 

And I hate to break it to you, but I'm pretty sure Exiled was the first to get busted in an emu sex trafficking scandal.

• Haha (+1) 1

We haven’t even played a game yet. This is a concern not an issue. There’s a reason we signed 1000 linemen and have multiple players who can play multiple positions for scenarios just like this. Concussions are always concerning but in today’s game everyone gets them. I don’t think there’s a team in the league who wouldn’t of signed Morse, maybe not everyone pays as much as we did but that’s the nature of the beast 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

We haven’t even played a game yet. This is a concern not an issue. There’s a reason we signed 1000 linemen and have multiple players who can play multiple positions for scenarios just like this. Concussions are always concerning but in today’s game everyone gets them. I don’t think there’s a team in the league who wouldn’t of signed Morse, maybe not everyone pays as much as we did but that’s the nature of the beast 

I think it would not be an issue at any other OL position, but for Allen's development, this is an issue IMO.

53 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Agreed.

especially given his position though, I do worry quite a bit about this one though. 4 reported and who knows how many times his bell has been rung without getting caught.

given his history, his contract, etc... even if he still starts week 1 this is probably right up there with the most concerning injuries we could see for in camp

14 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

I was wondering this as well. Given his injury history I feel center might be a very high priority in the upcoming draft. 

At a quick glance..

Looks like earliest realist out would be after 2 years with it ending up a 2 year 27-28m type of deal with 5.5m in dead money left behind 

hopefully does not become a real discussion though.