Bills Training Camp Day 2 - 7/26

5 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

besides all the back and forth about reporters is there any actual practice coverage/notes?

Not from any TBDians apparently.  I posted link to Bills Mafia tweet compilation and Cover1 writeup on John Brown above.

Astro not up yet.

Edit I see you found one, good work!

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Am I the only one that thinks Allen looks a little Native American? 

You may be the only one.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

WR's always flash in shorts. We'll see what Easley does when the pads come on. Can't wait for that first preseason game.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

You may be the only one.

WR's always flash in shorts. We'll see what Easley does when the pads come on. Can't wait for that first preseason game.

I also think Dukes abilities will shine more once pads are on and things get physical.  Our WRs last year struggled hard against physical corners and press coverage.  Still think he’s gonna make the roster for this reason.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I had the opportunity to listen to Allen’s post practice interview on ‘One Bills Live’ today and he continues to impress with his deft ability to think and answer questions on the fly and with solid insight. His intelligence is noticeable every time I hear him speak. Every. Time. And to have those kinds of smarts along with such a humble personality is even more impressive. 

Reminds me of an old saying about the man who isn’t doing push-ups, he’s pulling the world towards him instead. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

If your guna nag on my "negativity" at least get it right for what I'm "negative" about.... ya know, actually READ my posts.??

Isn’t Allen’s completion % directly affected by whether or not his receivers hold on to the ball? 

44 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

That is trash. I was off work yesterday and was ready to keep the radio locked on WGR55. They switch to the Instigators and I bail a nanosecond later.

The programming director needs to understand the audience.

I agree. While I’m not sure of the advertising ramifications, it seems like they could do a simple flip flop of show times when the Bills are scheduled to practice before noon. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Knowing McDermott's style, I take this as a huge compliment for what Wade has been able to do with limited experience. Basically showing him if he keeps grinding and improving he'll get opportunities on the field. It's good to see.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I had the opportunity to listen to Allen’s post practice interview on ‘One Bills Live’ today and he continues to impress with his deft ability to think and answer questions on the fly and with solid insight. His intelligence is noticeable every time I hear him speak. Every. Time. And to have those kinds of smarts along with such a humble personality is even more impressive. 

Reminds me of an old saying about the man who isn’t doing push-ups, he’s pulling the world towards him instead. 

What impressed me was how different he sounded from a year ago when interviewed.  The confidence in his playcalling, his reads and his decision making is striking.

We'll just x fingers it carries over into the season.

• Like (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, WickedGame said:

Does it matter? Why bring it up?

Cause it's an observation that I have always had about him. There was a photo of him from his Wyoming days that very much looked like it. He just has high cheek bones and a narrow face that is common among Native Americans and it's always been interesting to me. I'm not sure if he has that in his genealogy or not. Maybe I'm crazy. :P

joshallen.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

So far WR, CB2, and TE have been really fun position battles... Seems like the OL isn't getting as much movement as we might have expected. 

So Spain and Feliciano got #1 snaps again today?

If so,that's bad news for Wyatt with Long in front of him.