Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Bills cancel last day of minicamp

Posted (edited)

Hey guys screw minicamp who wants some wings!!! Josh is buying!!!

Edited by ALLEN1QB

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I guess this would make sense if they actually canceled "1/3 of the minicamp."

I'm sure they still had their meetings and worked out, but instead of a 2 hour practice, they're playing games. No big deal.

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

is there an Orchids of Asia in Buffalo?   

the Kraft Special is still HOT 

Each player gets "a Kraft" on the house!

• Like (+1) 1

I'm hearing reports that individual 'teams' each have to build an effigy of Tom Brady out of general scrap materials. Once McDermott chooses his favorite one they will set fire to it while singing a traditional pagan song. 

Sounds fun

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

You always find a wet blanket on Twitter... Sad this guy is a MD and doesn't know what 1/3 of 13 is ..

Edited by Boca BIlls
  • Like (+1) 1

I don't see a downside here. A big part of what they need to do with this squad of so many new FA's and rookies coming in, is build up the "team" component in a hurry--what better way than with a letting loose sort of fun event for the guys to all feel good about? There will still be plenty of time for the x's and o's outside of this one practice session. This is what "process" looks like people! :D

18 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

I guess this would make sense if they actually canceled "1/3 of the minicamp."

I'm sure they still had their meetings and worked out, but instead of a 2 hour practice, they're playing games. No big deal.

Nor would it be a big deal if they skipped a meeting and workout 

The problem IMO is it is hard to build up team when at least 41% of members will be gone at start of season.

We are here to support you until you are cut thing.

Some may get lucky and get on practice squad but often that is a short term thing.

9 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I don't see a downside here. A big part of what they need to do with this squad of so many new FA's and rookies coming in, is build up the "team" component in a hurry--what better way than with a letting loose sort of fun event for the guys to all feel good about? There will still be plenty of time for the x's and o's outside of this one practice session. This is what "process" looks like people! :D

Not according to Mr. WEO (or ScottLaw).  To him, this is what mediocrity, softness and ill-prepared for competition looks like, and why the Patriots continue to dominate the division year after year after year.

6 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Nor would it be a big deal if they skipped a meeting and workout 

Also true.

4 hours ago, teef said:

i was supposed to take family pictures in an apple orchard tonight, and it's been canceled because of the rain.  i've never been more glad for rain in all of my life.

I get all my family pictures taken at Revolution Brewing. I have never taken a picture without a beer or flask in my hand.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Not according to Mr. WEO (or ScottLaw).  To him, this is what mediocrity, softness and ill-prepared for competition looks like, and why the Patriots continue to dominate the division year after year after year.

A mistaken conclusion reached via a faulty premise which places too much emphasis on the future remaining a static outgrowth of the present...but it's all good. Much like "wrong Josh" type hot takes have faded into obscurity, I have no doubt that NE supremacy and its defenders, are about to go the way of the Dodo bird. Such is the nature of things over time.;)  

• Thanks! (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

If I recall correct, I think weo is often in the boat of random offseason workouts only being so valuable and everyone being dramatic about it

Edited by NoSaint

40 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

You always find a wet blanket on Twitter... Sad this guy is a MD and doesn't know what 1/3 of 13 is ..

There are only 3 practices for mandatory mini camp.

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

That’s it. I’ve had enough of McDermott’s “culture” and “process.” He coddles this group of talentless losers when he should be drilling them on fundamentals and installing more schemes. Two hours on the practice field in mid June is the difference between contending or not. 

No water during practices either, dammit!

image.png.3865060170a80a70fdecca74b70d4f1b.png

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

No water during practices either, dammit!

image.png.3865060170a80a70fdecca74b70d4f1b.png

Statements like that lead to ‘fashion statements’ like that...😳

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

I can’t wait for the first loss of the season when some clown on these boards says maybe if they practiced on June 13th......

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

rr4.jpg?quality=90&strip=all

Pessimists! I see a wondrous triumph of engineering. Whoever designed that bike is clearly a genius.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Except the Patriots do the same thing...  http://www.sentinelandenterprise.com/sports/ci_32676847/belichick-gives-team-break

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

The problem IMO is it is hard to build up team when at least 41% of members will be gone at start of season.

We are here to support you until you are cut thing.

Some may get lucky and get on practice squad but often that is a short term thing.

That’s not unique to the Bills. All clubs have the same thing going on. At least the guys who’re going to get cut get to say they went bowling with some future Super Bowl champs. 👍

15 minutes ago, wiskibreth said:

Except Mr. WEO would say that Belichick and the Patriots have EARNED the right to do this, whereas McDermott and the Bills have done NOTHING to deserve the right to take a break like this.

23 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Except Mr. WEO would say that Belichick and the Patriots have EARNED the right to do this, whereas McDermott and the Bills have done NOTHING to deserve the right to take a break like this.

Then I would say... Building a great team is building a great team, and the methods employed requires no deserves. 😉