Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DJB

Trent Williams demands trade. Bills should bring him in to complete Oline

Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Anyone else curious as to why only Jason La Sucka has reported this?

I see multiple stories on this so I don't see just him saying it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I'd send a third for him. 

 

Williams - Dawkins - Morse - Spain - Ford 

 

looks good to me. 

 

I don't think Spain will be a starter.

 

If I had to guess I'd go with Dawkins, Long, Morse, Feliciano, Ford

 

Post-trade: Williams, Long, Morse, Ford, Dawkins...that would be strong if Dawkins held up at RT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lost in this discussion is one critical fact: we have a Williams deficit on our roster.

 

For that reason alone, sign him.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Trent Williams is, without a single shadow of a doubt, elite. The issue is he is 30 and injury prone. But he is a top 4 left tackle in the NFL. He is streets ahead of anyone the Bills currently have. 

No question that he is an elite LT. And his work ethic is exceptional. The problem is that his knees are rickety. They are bone on bone. When his career is concluded he will probably have to deal with life long pain. Although he is well respected in the organization and among his teammates the organization has the leverage over him. When Trent signed his contract he was well/fairly compensated as one of the best tackles in the game. As time goes by the pay scale rises and he slides back compared to lesser players. That's just the nature of the system. 

 

If the Redskins could have foreseen this possible holdout I'm sure they would have made a more determined effort to keep Ty Neskhe. When he filled in for Trent he did a solid job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

 

I don't think Spain will be a starter.

 

If I had to guess I'd go with Dawkins, Long, Morse, Feliciano, Ford

 

Post-trade: Williams, Long, Morse, Ford, Dawkins...that would be strong if Dawkins held up at RT.

I disagree.  Help me with your logic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Limeaid said:

 

Most of the medical staff are picked to attend $nyder's parties.

they bring the medications ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

 

I have no idea what a freaking flashlight is. That is a made up American word that does not exist in English. 

song by Funkadelic

and not about a torch at all

33 minutes ago, JohnC said:

No question that he is an elite LT. And his work ethic is exceptional. The problem is that his knees are rickety. They are bone on bone. When his career is concluded he will probably have to deal with life long pain. Although he is well respected in the organization and among his teammates the organization has the leverage over him. When Trent signed his contract he was well/fairly compensated as one of the best tackles in the game. As time goes by the pay scale rises and he slides back compared to lesser players. That's just the nature of the system. 

 

If the Redskins could have foreseen this possible holdout I'm sure they would have made a more determined effort to keep Ty Neskhe. When he filled in for Trent he did a solid job. 

and why Ty was reflective of a keen and watchful eye by Bills pro scouts. Beanes made a deal for a solid player

3 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

correct. injured shiny object.  pass.

check the knees, before passing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

 

and why Ty was reflective of a keen and watchful eye by Bills pro scouts. Beanes made a deal for a solid player

 

Neskhe was a good pickup. He's versatile enough to play every position on the line but center. The Skins wanted to keep him but because of cap issues had to let him go to the market. I'm hoping that the Bills can assemble a solid line with their offseason acquisitions and draft of Cody Ford. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we’re pretty good at o-line.  Trent would be a luxury I just don’t see McBeane spending on right now.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

BS, this is about money.  He sees what guys who "graded" below him signed for after his 2015 deal. 

 

Guy's heading into his 10th season and his last full season was 6 years ago.  He's trying to walk away form 24 million over the next 2 years.  Unless his next team is fine with him playing for fractions of seasons (at a premium price), how many years does anyone really think this guy has value?

 

Hard pass.

 

 

I think you are exactly right.  This is clearly about the money.  If the skins were to throw some more green in his direction, his problem with the medical staff will evaporate.  He has no leverage during the duration of his contract.  The Bills shouldn't get involved with him.  Injuries and past suspension are enough reasons to stay away.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

 

 

Post-trade: Williams, Long, Morse, Ford, Dawkins...that would be strong if Dawkins held up at RT.

 

man, I don't know.......I think Dawkins could be a tremendous LG.......I'd take Nsekhe at RT over Long at LG.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

I see multiple stories on this so I don't see just him saying it.

 

But do the stories all quote La Canfora? Cause the ones I saw did. 😛

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

 

I have no idea what a freaking flashlight is. That is a made up American word that does not exist in English. 

I think given that we invented the light bulb we can call things what we like.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DJB said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/1136311148775653376

 

 

Trent Williams issues with Skins are not financial at all according to numerous sources with knowledge of the situation. He's told teammates he has demanded a trade or his release from the club due to their handling of his recent medical situation. Has vowed not to play for them

 

 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-the-redskins-would-be-wise-to-come-to-terms-with-lt-trent-williams

 

Excellent numbers from PFF ranked #3 over the past 3 years.

 

Josh blind side would be rock solid

 

 

does PFF make any adjustments for injury time- guys who are only available 4 days a year make for great fantasy teams but not good real teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's quite injury prone.

9 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

That organization may be the most dysfunctional in all of pro sports.

And it maintains its rep year in and year out.  20 years of madness under Dan Snyder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DJB said:

 

Trent Williams demands trade. Bills should bring him in to complete Oline

 

 

They're not building the team by bringing in high-priced guys, especially older ones.

 

Williams is good. Not going to be here, though.

Edited by Thurman#1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

 

man, I don't know.......I think Dawkins could be a tremendous LG.......I'd take Nsekhe at RT over Long at LG.

 

 

I think Dawkins could easily be very good at LG, but I also feel like the O-line wouldn't be getting the best overall value playing him so close to Williams with the right side lacking in talent in comparison to the left, and the inexperience of Cody Ford; I'd like the talent to be dispersed along the O-line, to start things off in this scenario.

 

Nsekhe is great depth, but he's not bringing what Dawkins brings as an overall blocker and Spencer Long was pretty good at LG for the Jets; I watched Long in his blocking assignment versus Kyle Williams and he did a pretty good job, and by 'pretty good job', I don't mean 'decent'. He seems to hold up well at the point of attack. 

 

I don't believe my eyes were deceived, because I listened to a Jets' fan speak on Long's departure, to gauge his value in the fans' eyes, and he pretty much stated that the Jets' O-line production improved when he was moved from the center position---where he struggled---to left guard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, NewEra said:

So every player we sign has to be a bargain?  We haven’t broken the bank this offseason.  We’re in position to pay a premier LT

 

hes often injured but has played in at least 10 games every season.  It’s not like he doesn’t contribute 

 

No, obviously not.  But he will want at least 12 million a year and you are assuming he will even be available for 10 games a year and at his age and given his history, there's no reason to believe this.

 

A "contributor" isn't a value at that price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...