Bi-Partisan Support For Impeachment

50 minutes ago, westside2 said:

I agree, what happened in 2016 with Hillary Clinton was corruption at it's very worst. Thank God we have decent hard working honest people like Barr investigating it. Don't worry tard, he will get to the bottom of this coup attempt. 

Lol, thanks for the comic relief! 

28 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I read (former) Ambassador Taylor’s prepared statement, as printed in the Washington Post.  I’m not certain it’s 100% accurate, but let’s assume it is for now. 

Taylor may well be an honorable American diplomat and soldier.  He clearly loves the region and sees Ukraine as a valuable partner to the US.  He clearly does not seem to be a fan of the current administration, and appears hostile to the Obama administration as well. Back to that in a moment. 

I’m thinking me, @Foxx @Deranged Rhino, and @Tiberiusare the only people left in America who do not serve as a Board Member for a Ukrainian company.  I was going to add @Buffalo_Gal to the list but she seems to be traveling an awful lot, and don’t even get me started on @Teddy KGB.   Anyway, Taylor advised he sat on the board of a Ukrainian company prior to returning to public service, and I wonder if we might ever stumble upon an official without financial ties to the region he is representing?  

Anyway, his statement is thorough and reflects his thoughts on the matter.  He addresses his concerns about withholding aid for any reason, his threats to resign if the aid was withheld, and his uneasiness with tying aid to investigations into Burisma and interference into our elections. He also expressed concern about RGs involvement and informal lines of communication. 

One of the advantages of open testimony in the light of day would be the opportunity to hear his thoughts on other administrations and “informal or irregular lines of communication” with other countries.  I am quite certain that these lines of communication exist, and that not every communication between countries goes through the ambassador directly.  

Anyway, beyond that, I’m not sure there is much to see here.  Ultimately, he works for the President, speaks of the reassurances that there was no quid pro quo, and expressed his concerns.  He threatened to resign, apparently chose not to, and seemed comfortable with no investigation at all into interference in our elections.  

Personally, I’d really like to hear from Ambassador To Libya Chris Stevens about both formal and informal/irregular channels of communication in general.  It might help the public understand the nuances of diplomacy in general, and provide some context to Ukraine specifically.  

He was pretty clear, our allies were being hung out to dry in a military situation with Russia shooting at their troops and Trump demanded a public statement that Biden was going to be investigated or the aid would not come. Quid pro quo 

53 minutes ago, dubs said:

what exactly did he say?  Where did you hear about it?  Let me save you the time:

you don’t know.  You heard it from the MSM/Democrats. 

god you’re a fool. 

I read his statement, he said Trump was demanding a televised statement of an investigation or no military aid was forth coming. 

29 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I’m thinking me, @Foxx @Deranged Rhino, and @Tiberiusare the only people left in America who do not serve as a Board Member for a Ukrainian company.  I was going to add @Buffalo_Gal to the list but she seems to be traveling an awful lot, and don’t even get me started on @Teddy KGB.   Anyway, Taylor advised he sat on the board of a Ukrainian company prior to returning to public service, and I wonder if we might ever stumble upon an official without financial ties to the region he is representing?  

I am not sure if I am on any Ukrainian Company Boards, but if I check my bank accounts, I don't see any of them increasing by $50,000 every month, so I guess that proves I am not.  Not even my offshore accounts.

Just now, Greybeard said:

I am not sure if I am on any Ukrainian Company Boards, but if I check my bank accounts, I don't see any of them increasing by $50,000 every month, so I guess that proves I am not.  Not even my offshore accounts.

Ok, I’ll put you in the list because I’m a trusting soul. But I’m watching, always watching. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I read his statement, he said Trump was demanding a televised statement of an investigation or no military aid was forth coming. 

And tough guy Joe Biden openly brags that he demanded they STOP an investigation or no aid was coming. Yawn!

An American president tried to extort a foreign government into injecting itself into our election by finding dirt on a political opponent, using as leverage essential aid to an ally fighting against Russian aggression.

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And tough guy Joe Biden openly brags that he demanded they STOP an investigation or no aid was coming. Yawn!

But not for domestic political reasons, you probably don't understand the difference (just being honest) but there is a difference 

14 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Apologies in advance to this who have the Tibster on ignore and have yet to banish me. 

Tibs, while  you’ve gone full Schifty crazy on this issue, I see how you got there.  The Ambassador wrote 15 pages and could have summarized in the two sentences you wrote, but I agree 100% that the ambassador wanted the aid without any conditions as to investigating Ukrainian interference in our election. The argument has not been that Trump threatened to withhold aid, it’s been that he specifically targeted Hunter Biden to get to Joe B for political reasons. IMO virtually everything is political so whatevs. 

Given that you supported the massive investigation by our country into Russian interference, the disruption of a presidency and suppression of the votes of millions of Americans, what was your sense of the Ambassador’s reasoning for not wanting the two tied together?  I’m curious as to why you think he would be opposed to tying aid into American interests abroad?  Do you think he did not believe the Ukes interfered, or that it was no big deal?  I think it’s aid is always about our national interest, no? 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I read the transcript, and there is no mention of Military aid or any other aid.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/25/politics/donald-trump-ukraine-transcript-call/index.html

If you can please indicate in which paragraph POTUS Trump states that I would appreciate it.

10 minutes ago, Gary M said:

I read the transcript, and there is no mention of Military aid or any other aid.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/25/politics/donald-trump-ukraine-transcript-call/index.html

If you can please indicate in which paragraph POTUS Trump states that I would appreciate it.

Trump isn't quoted in it directly. His men were carrying out his orders. 

27 minutes ago, dubs said:

This is an amazing article from April. I recall CNN and NBC covering it and an article in the Times also, not. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/opinion/white-house/437719-ukrainian-to-us-prosecutors-why-dont-you-want-our-evidence-on-democrats%3famp

That's an opinion piece 

Just now, Tiberius said:

The Republicans are there in the room. 

Can an I sell you the Brooklyn Bridge? 

You've lied so much you can't even tell the truth to save your life. They're kicking Republicans out of the "hearing". How much more corrupt is that. Yet you defend it. 

I think PPP needs to drain the swamp in here, starting with you. 

2 minutes ago, westside2 said:

You've lied so much you can't even tell the truth to save your life. They're kicking Republicans out of the "hearing". How much more corrupt is that. Yet you defend it. 

I think PPP needs to drain the swamp in here, starting with you. 

They are not! Just stop 

My God Westy 

Just now, Tiberius said:

They are not! Just stop 

My God Westy 

It's the truth. Sorry to break it to you. The whole DNC is as corrupt as the mafia. You've got Biden on video admitting to shake down the Ukrainians unless they do what he told them to do.

The Clintons, where do I even start with this corruption ridden couple?

Then there's shift shift. Lies after lies after lies. Nasty Nancy trying her best to hold on to her speaker position that she has become a puppet to the extreme left. She'll say or do whatever she has too to stay in control.

Good lord! I don't know how you can see anything with that log in your eye. (That's a biblical reference in case you were wondering)

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dubs said:

what exactly did he say?  Where did you hear about it?  Let me save you the time:

you don’t know.  You heard it from the MSM/Democrats. 

god you’re a fool. 

Didn't go to the Sabres game last night either but since I read about it, I know what happened.   They won in OT.  Eichel had great game.   Do you think that is true?  Were you there?

Must suck to have to deny reality in order to keep your position afloat.  Soon you will go to 'yeah all the accusations are true but it isn't a big deal'. 

I can keep going about the future fallback positions too.  It is all pretty clear.   With a few steps in the interim you will finish at ' Yeah, it was wrong and criminal and he shouldn't have done it but removing him wouldn't be good for our country.'    Sad.

Edited by Bob in Mich
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, westside2 said:

It's the truth. Sorry to break it to you. The whole DNC is as corrupt as the mafia. You've got Biden on video admitting to shake down the Ukrainians unless they do what he told them to do.

The Clintons, where do I even start with this corruption ridden couple?

Then there's shift shift. Lies after lies after lies. Nasty Nancy trying her best to hold on to her speaker position that she has become a puppet to the extreme left. She'll say or do whatever she has too to stay in control.

Good lord! I don't know how you can see anything with that log in your eye. (That's a biblical reference in case you were wondering)

How did they kick Republicans out of a congressional office or meeting room. Did mean old Adam Schiff wave his broom stick at them? 

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

How did they kick Republicans out of a congressional office or meeting room. Did mean old Adam Schiff wave his broom stick at them? 

Republican Matt Gaetz was kicked out.

Don't you ever get tired of being beaten like a pinata?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, westside2 said:

Republican Matt Gaetz was kicked out.

Don't you ever get tired of being beaten like a pinata?

So they said, "All sh it heads have to leave" and he left. But the rest of the Republicans stayed. So how is that a secret meeting? 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

So they said, "All sh it heads have to leave" and he left. But the rest of the Republicans stayed. So how is that a secret meeting? 

You know tibs, I don't dislike you. I really don't. I actually pity you. You have some serious issues that I think needs a professional to help you deal with it. 

Please get help before it's to late.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, westside2 said:

You know tibs, I don't dislike you. I really don't. I actually pity you. You have some serious issues that I think needs a professional to help you deal with it. 

if everyone put tibs on ignore it would solve all the problems

if you honestly enjoy babysitting him on here, a tip of the hat to you

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Right why would there be any separation to both prevent and protect the President from abuse/perceived abuse of his power.

You're confusing what you want with what actually is.  Senate confirmation doesn't establish independence of cabinet positions, it serves as a check and balance on presidential authority.  That stops at confirmation.  The Senate limits the president's power to appoint, not his power to direct his subordinates.

This is why cabinet member serve at the pleasure of the president, and can be fired by him without recourse to Congress.  Congress' powers are clearly laid out and proscribed in the Constitution, no matter what you personally feel.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

You're confusing what you want with what actually is.  Senate confirmation doesn't establish independence of cabinet positions, it serves as a check and balance on presidential authority.  That stops at confirmation.  The Senate limits the president's power to appoint, not his power to direct his subordinates.

This is why cabinet member serve at the pleasure of the president, and can be fired by him without recourse to Congress.  Congress' powers are clearly laid out and proscribed in the Constitution, no matter what you personally feel.

glad someone actually READS the readily available rules before popping off in TDS...  :D

33 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Didn't go to the Sabres game last night either but since I read about it, I know what happened.   They won in OT.  Eichel had great game.   Do you think that is true?  Were you there?

Must suck to have to deny reality in order to keep your position afloat.  Soon you will go to 'yeah all the accusations are true but it isn't a big deal'. 

I can keep going about the future fallback positions too.  It is all pretty clear.   With a few steps in the interim you will finish at ' Yeah, it was wrong and criminal and he shouldn't have done it but removing him wouldn't be good for our country.'    Sad.

well, I’ve never read a report that said the sabres won a game that they actually lost so I think your metaphor fails immediately. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, westside2 said:

I promise I will. You just don't know what it's like being around soap suds all the time! Rinse and drain all you want, but there's always more! :wacko:

1 hour ago, dubs said:

This is an amazing article from April. I recall CNN and NBC covering it and an article in the Times also, not. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/opinion/white-house/437719-ukrainian-to-us-prosecutors-why-dont-you-want-our-evidence-on-democrats%3famp

...tried unsuccessfully since last year to get visas from the U.S. Embassy in Kiev to deliver their evidence to Washington.

Which would have been...Yovanovitch's embassy.  From Wikipedia...

she had been accused, without firm evidence, by some conservative media outlets and by President Trump's personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, as well as Ukraine’s then-top prosecutor, Yuri Lutsenko, of being part of a conspiracy involving anti-corruption probes in Ukraine and efforts by the Trump administration to investigate ties between Ukrainian officials and the Hillary Clinton campaign

Emphasis mine.  Sounds like The Hill had some firm evidence...  :rolleyes:

This is the most contrived "scandal" I've ever seen.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Too bad Trump doesn't want his acting members to face questions from the senate. He is terrified of any oversight. Failure 

12 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Which would only imply that he wasn't in the room when they were told and didn't tell them himself. Someone still could of told him or any of a bunch of possibilities but let's ignore that because it sounds better this way.

Zeldin has been in every meeting, more than Schiff. He's listened to every witness and heard every piece of testimony. Ratcliffe is an accomplished attorney, and unlike Schiff and Pelosi and Schumer -- both men got Russia 100% correct the past three years. Does track record matter to you when judging information? Or do you only go by partisan lines? Honest question... 

See the hoops you are forced to go through just to elevate Schiff's narrative from laughable to plausible? You have to assume "things" happened/were said outside of Taylor's presence, then were filtered to Taylor second hand, that's a poor way to build a case... but you're suggesting we ignore all that so we can elevate a proven liar's narrative (Schiff's) to truth because it sounds better to your partisan politics that way. 

...Which is why all I've been suggesting to you is NOT to take the words of proven liars as truth without doing your own due diligence first -- especially when those words are being dripped out in pieces rather than showing you the totality of the testimony. That's not a controversial position to hold, is it? 

Of course, the decision is yours. You can continue to give people the benefit of the doubt who lied to your face for three straight years -- or you can question them.

One of these positions is rational, the other is Stockholm Syndrome.

You can determine for yourself which is which. 

Right why would there be any separation to both prevent and protect the President from abuse/perceived abuse of his power.

See how much BS you have to run through to get around the very simple point I made?

Trump is the chief law enforcement officer of the land and thus has every right to ask about ongoing investigations of which he's the ultimate head of. Nothing about that is  unconstitutional, no matter how many times the NYTs and Schiff try to tell you otherwise. 

A simple reading of the document makes that clear. 

?

An emoji with no response won't cut it here. Sorry.

None of the quoted post you reacted to is conspiracy theory. It's backed by actual evidence and a timeline established by several investigations and testimony from multiple witnesses under oath. You stated CrowdStrike has no connection to the Ukraine, and you based that on cursory dive into the subject. But that's 100% incorrect. Dmitri is/was a Ukranian intelligence asset. That's a fact I dug up personally, and confirmed in OS. It's also a fact, confirmed by Comey himself, that the FBI was prevented from looking at the servers themselves by CrowdStrike.   

None of that is controversial or conspiracy theory -- yet you assume it is because you admit you did not know who or what CrowdStrike was until you did a cursory look. That's how they are continuing to lie to you. They know you won't dig for yourself. They know you won't question their narrative so long as it conforms to your partisanship. And they know, even though they lied to your face for three years (and that has been exposed, is not debatable) that you'll continue to believe them because you're unwilling to do the work for yourself. 

...Because thinking for yourself is hard work and dangerous. And most don't have the stomach for it. 

Do you? 

There's so much wrong in that article, it's hard to know where to start. But you should begin by examining who wrote it (a CIA defender/Brennan defender), who owns the companies who provided the "evidence" for this article (more CIA cutouts) -- then compare it to VIPs (former NSA/DoD employees with sterling records) and their record of success/accuracy. You'll quickly see one is not like the other...  

The forensic evidence is what it is. The article doesn't actually dispute it -- it just throws an admitted "possibility" out there while acknowledging they do not know the truth one way or the other. Then they bury that finding with paragraphs of disinfo.

Like:

* FancyBear being Russian/GRU. It's not. It's Ukranian -- a tool of their intel services... you know, where Dmitri was an asset (but the Ukraine is unconnected, right?) 

* Or that CrowdStrike was only brought in after the hacks. A blatant lie. They under contract long before, and during, the attacks.

* Or that Splunk is a DoD funded startup and its owner is a Hayden acolyte. 

These are important, disqualifying, details you can't find if you just skim the article. 

But let's agree that we cannot know for sure one way or the other with just the metadata. That's a fair statement, imo. And it goes back to my original point which is:

There are enough legitimate questions about the "hack" narrative itself to warrant a closer look at the only piece of evidence available -- the servers. Yet CrowdStrike, who has motive to lie for their client and for their own reputation, did not turn them over to the FBI despite the FBI requesting them. 

Honest question: Do you find that odd? Or are you 100% comfortable with how this all played out?  

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You can't even read your own material!  It says 55 percent support an inquiry while 48 percent support removal.  How the heck do they get anything else done in Greenwich, Seattle, and SF with polsters stopping obvious leftist types at coffee kiosks?