Posible Disasters, off season & future

I see the Arizona Cardinals as a possible huge disaster after hiring a college coach that was fired by Texas Tech after going 35-40 over six seasons. The best they ever did was in his first year at 8-5. 

Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs
Texas Tech Red Raiders (Big 12 Conference) (2013–2018)
2013 Texas Tech 8–5 4–5 6th W Holiday
2014 Texas Tech 4–8 2–7 8th  
2015 Texas Tech 7–6 4–5 T–5th L Texas
2016 Texas Tech 5–7 3–6 T–6th  
2017 Texas Tech 6–7 3–6 8th L Birmingham
2018 Texas Tech 5–7 3–6 T–7th  
Texas Tech: 35–40 19–35  
Total: 35–40

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kliff_Kingsbury

Then they draft a kid who started only one season at Oklahoma, it was a great season with 4000 yards, 40 TDs and he won the Heisman Trophy. The thing is Murry was at TT when Kingsbury was there in 2015. 

Arizona was a bad, bad team in 2018 in which they drafted a QB at #10 overall only to trade him away to Miami. I don't see a college coach who wasn't very good at winning at that level coming into the NFL and becoming a winner. I don't see it.

What I can see is the Cards firing their GM, HC and drafting another QB in two years. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, whatdrought said:

We'll see with Wentz. I really hope he does rebound. I've always liked the Eagles, and he seems like a great guy, not to mention a special talent at times. (I still remember his escape against the Bears in 2017.. A sight to see) 

Yeah, I don't know much about him because I, for the first time in a long time, didn't care about the QB class. But from what I did see, he seems like a guy who can play. Though whatever report you're citing does sound ominous. ?

Whups!  My bad-thought I'd linked it.  It's Zierlein, NFL draft profile.  I don't pay attention to the scoring, but I find he's usually on-point with his descriptions of strengths and weaknesses.  I'll edit my post.  (course what he doesn't capture is heart and effort - which guys fix their weaknesses?)

46 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Peterman returns to Buffalo as a visiting quarterback and throws 5 touchdown passes, with no picks.

Mills returns to Buffalo and actually blocks a Bills pass rusher.

Mills has actually blocked a number of pass rushers but do not allow facts stop irrational rants.

• Like (+1) 1

Turns out Adam Gase Never wanted Le'veon Bell. Was adamantly against it. Pissed that they signed him and it eventually gets the GM fired

Now Gase is the GM.

With Bells attitude history and Reports that former players hated Gase.

I could see that being a disaster

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

Turns out Adam Gase Never wanted Le'veon Bell. Was adamantly against it. Pissed that they signed him and it eventually gets the GM fired

Now Gase is the GM.

With Bells attitude history and Reports that former players hated Gase.

I could see that being a disaster

Its already a disaster.  Bad choice for a head coach. Any GM that signs with the Jets is stupid. You will always be looking over your shoulder.

Should have fired Gase.

Edited by HOUSE

Arizona Cardinals:  A lot of trust in an unproven college coach with a losing record and a 5'10" #1 draft pick rookie playing quarterback.

Baltimore Ravens:  Season hinges on defenses not spending the offseason figuring out Lamar Jackson.  He might make Tyrod Taylor look like Dan Fouts.  

New York Jets:  This is Buffalo Bills Rex Ryan redux.  Adam Gase should have taken a year off to figure out what went wrong in Miami but will instead continue making the same mistakes in New York because of his ego.  (Fine by me.)

• Like (+1) 2

AFC EAST:

Dolphins - Rosen pisses everyone off

Jets - Bell is a cancer for the locker room

Pats - Father time catches up with Brady but he refuses to admit it causing a riff in the organization (and time continuum)

Bills - Shady/Gore are like old cars and get ever get started during games

Cleveland Browns - Loaded with big ego talent, new coach, reverts to in-fighting after a few tough losses to have to fight for and fail to secure a wildcard spot in week 17. See Bickering Bills 1989

Meanwhile, the low key Bills trust the process to will a win against the big splash Jets by beating them in the trenches to secure the last wild card spot and cement a new rivalry in the AFC East.

• Haha (+1) 1

this may not be on topic but, facing greggo on the road game one, is gonna give me an ulcer by the time september gets here.  he might have got a slap on the wrist for the saints thing a while back, but i'm sure there's nothing he'd rather do than knock a division qb out for the year. hopefully someone here can calm my fear.

i'm wondering if he had any input on trading lee and i hope him and gase end up hating each other's guts by week one. dysfunction is the best thing i can hope for with the jets at this point....and ed oliver crushing darnold.

i hope daboll is going to plan on nuking them right off the bat. take the crowd out early, win the game....get the whole city on fire and make the giants shake and fold week 2.

On 5/16/2019 at 10:15 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think Baltimore was overdue to shun Flacco, agree that Jackson is a wildly unproven promise though.

In that vein, what about Denver putting their eggs in the Flacco basket?

Denver did draft Drew Lock in Round 2, that said their defense isn't as elite as it once was and they did lose three starting Olinemen in free agency. They'll be mediocre at best. 

4 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Possible disasters:

1.)  Billy Buffalo is left ‘as is’.

2.). Some of us don’t learn punctuation, capitalization, and proper grammar.

Wat u talking bout boy ? Prolly not me ?

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 1