Sign in to follow this  
tomur67

Trade Lawson and a 2020 draft pick for Clowney?

On 5/10/2019 at 7:05 PM, Aussie Joe said:

Is there even the slightest chance that the Texans and Bills are considering this , or is it just media speculation about it being a “logical” move?

Why would the Texans be looking at being without a key defensive piece in 2019 for a future draft pick when they made the playoffs last year and their Super Bowl window is well and truly open?

Would be a terrible move for them..

I think it's media speculation

Certainly the Beaner has shown that he loves him his next year's draft picks.  I don't see him giving a 1st for anyone another team would part with.

• Like (+1) 3

We obviously see this all of the time. The media will look at a teams needs on paper and automatically assume that the players will fit elsewhere. Before Oliver was drafted, a few writers even suggested Gerald McCoy to the Bills in a draft trade.

Shaq and a 2nd.  Save that 1st for WR for Josh next draft

16 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

Depending on this coming season plays out, and if it were me...I would target the best DE and WR on 2020's draft board. 

100% agree with this and imo clowney is fool's gold.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

100% agree with this and imo clowney is fool's gold.

While Clowney may be "Fool's Gold and a borderline second tier DE, he would be an improvement. If the Texans lowered the asking price...then maybe.

On 5/10/2019 at 9:14 AM, tomur67 said:

John Breech of CBS Sports suggests that it would be a logical trade between the Texans and the Bills.  The Bills would get Clowney,  but give up its first round pick in 2020 and Lawson. 

Hell no ! 

I will give them Lawson and Alexander but now way im giving a first for an old hit n miss talent. Plus that contract, no thanks.

On 5/10/2019 at 9:31 AM, YoloinOhio said:

They don’t want to pay him. Happens all the time. They need to pay Watson and have giant contracts on Hopkins and Watt. 

id rather have Watt but his injuries are concerning, maybe a second.

i would like Clowney but not at a loss of draft capital- i would prefer Gerald McCoy at 2 years and 20 million to Clowney if it requires a 1st.

I wonder if this is going to pick up steam again soon?

I can't see Beane shipping a 1 to anyone for any player at this point.

Clowney is somewhat intriguing and has played in all of his games the past two years. He is trending to be a double digit sack guy who tends to cause and/or recover fumbles - meaning he is around the ball.  I would not be on board with shipping a 1, but would be on board with getting him if he continues to trend up. He just turned 26. 

Who knows how much $$ he's after too. Not a huge thing today, but eventually Beane will need to pay his picks.