Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tomur67

Trade Lawson and a 2020 draft pick for Clowney?

Recommended Posts

John Breech of CBS Sports suggests that it would be a logical trade between the Texans and the Bills.  The Bills would get Clowney,  but give up its first round pick in 2020 and Lawson. 

  • Meh 1
  • Skeptical 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be 50/50 on this. 

 

Would be ecstatic with a Lawson/2020 2nd for Clowney.

  • Awesome! (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lawson doesn’t have much trade value. We didn’t pick up his 5th year option. Teams will wait until he hits the market and even then he is a second or third tier FA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd do it, Clowney is a perfect fit for this D and could make it special.

 

I don't think Houston would take less, I mean they could just keep him for the year, let him walk, and then get a high comp pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So much roster turn over I would want to see what we have now and go after biggest needs in 2020. 

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SWATeam said:

I'd do it, Clowney is a perfect fit for this D and could make it special.

 

I don't think Houston would take less, I mean they could just keep him for the year, let him walk, and then get a high comp pick.

The highest comp pick they could get is a 3rd, and it would be for 2021. So even a 2020 2nd is much more desirable.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

The highest comp pick they could get is a 3rd, and it would be for 2021. So even a 2020 2nd is much more desirable.

But is it worth not having Clowney in 2019?  I mean they are in win-now mode, right?  Watt isn't getting any younger.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SWATeam said:

But is it worth not having Clowney in 2019?  I mean they are in win-now mode, right?  Watt isn't getting any younger.

They are trying to trade him, so I guess so 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, YoloinOhio said:

They are trying to trade him, so I guess so 

My point is, though, that it will probably be for a 1st rounder.  Not less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, tomur67 said:

John Breech of CBS Sports suggests that it would be a logical trade between the Texans and the Bills.  The Bills would get Clowney,  but give up its first round pick in 2020 and Lawson. 

e71c2d0e61a2c06cce83b5f6fb108718f8b69ecd

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be 100% against a trade like this and probably wouldn't even part with a 2nd.

 

The 2020 draft is just that good.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SWATeam said:

My point is, though, that it will probably be for a 1st rounder.  Not less.

I’m good with a first. I just don’t think there is much comparison with a 2021 comp pick either way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Just Joshin' said:

A second makes sense to me with the Ford trade the benchmark.

Maybe, but Clowney is 2 years younger and much better- IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, billsfanmd07 said:

If they are trying to trade him it just seems like a big red flag

They don’t want to pay him. Happens all the time. They need to pay Watson and have giant contracts on Hopkins and Watt. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...