Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Rapaport: Seahawks now the front-runner for Ziggy Ansah (Signed for 1 yr, base 9 mill)

1 hour ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Not just balls at play. Strategic as well.

Buffalo doesn't deflate balls. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Oh snap Rapsheet

This makes me think Beane really wants Ansah and feels like they are close to a deal. Or why talk about it at all?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This makes me think Beane really wants Ansah and feels like they are close to a deal. Or why talk about it at all?

Yep.....maybe we are still in the mix, and he’s sick of LaConjecture and the rest of the gang just saying totally unsubstantiated stuff like they know something. Possibly agent leaks trying to sway negotiations? Improve player leverage? Reporters playing along? I know I’d be annoyed by people making stuff up and messing in my business. We don’t know where things stand behind the scenes, he at least has a clue. 

19 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

considering Bills do not have him signed already and Beane's cell phone is probably glowing red from all the contact they are keeping I suspect they will not sign him now.

Bills had a captured negotiating position that now may be weakened as the deadline for this signing to count against comp pics is now over and could bring more teams into the fray for Zigzag. Bills have no such worries as they signed several hundred FA's and will never get a comp pick next year. They could have given their best offer with a deadline and then moved on if the deadline passed without Zigs agreeing to zag to Buffalo.

Ziggy must have been waiitng for other teams interest to show itself after the deadline so appears he does not want to come to Buffalo.

Whenever these kinds of "X has emerged as a frontrunner" reports come out, my mind always go to, who gains from this coming out?

I usually land on the agent trying to gain leverage.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Why talk about it all is right. What is Beane trying to prove by running his mouth? Either sign him or don’t. I think this is fairly out of character for Beane, who is usually tight-lipped. If I was Ansah’s agents and heard what Beane said, I’d increase my asking price. 

6 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

Why talk about it all is right. What is Beane trying to prove by running his mouth? Either sign him or don’t. I think this is fairly out of character for Beane, who is usually tight-lipped. If I was Ansah’s agents and heard what Beane said, I’d increase my asking price. 

It may have just been directed at the yahoos posting unsubstantiated garbage. Cutting down misinformation, and wobbly “sources”. Sending a message. Or something totally different. But I don’t think he lost his mind and became a different person. If we knew the backstory, I’d bet it makes sense. 

40 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Whenever these kinds of "X has emerged as a frontrunner" reports come out, my mind always go to, who gains from this coming out?

I usually land on the agent trying to gain leverage.

This would be true if the team that the agent thinks will pay the most is NOT the team that is "the front runner", so it's an incentive for that team to pony up before they lose out. So in this case, that logic would seem to point to a team other than Seattle being the most likely landing spot in the agents mind.

I had thought someone would jump in with big money- 2 years $30 million total- and if that is case i am not surprised. If it is 1 year 12 million i will be a little disappointed but i will get over it😀

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well damn. I didn’t care that much till someone else got him. 😛

Sometimes it is better not to take the shot.  Seems like a high risk if shoulder not yet cleared.  Not disappointed in least.

He hasn't signed anything yet. Likely he will yes. But until he sings which won't be until tomorrow earliest the it still is anyone's ball game If Beane actually wants him I'm sure if he upped the offer we could steal him. Especially when the Seahawks deal is only a one year deal.

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well guess it's good the Bills didn't get him then it seems.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Happy we didn’t sign. We don’t need anymore injured players....

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jimmy g Kyle Murray and Jared Goff will be harder to sack than Rosen brady darnold. 

17 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Oh snap Rapsheet

I guess time was told. Beane should’ve been silent on this matter. The quote is cringeworthy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Saint Doug said:

I guess time was told. Beane should’ve been silent on this matter. The quote is cringeworthy. 

Yeah one local TV sports guy reported what Beane said as well.  Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wouldn't be a bad contract for he Bills to sign IF he was going to be available all year.

Having him not playing in the beginning of the season increases the risk of a bad signing.

Seattle definitely needed him more than the Bills and were willing to take the chance.

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Wouldn't be a bad contract for he Bills to sign IF he was going to be available all year.

Having him not playing in the beginning of the season increases the risk of a bad signing.

Seattle definitely needed him more than the Bills and were willing to take the chance.

...Yolo posted that he won't be medically cleared until August...pretty tall tariff three months early......

23 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Oh snap Rapsheet

Rodak could not wait to post these!!!