Reed83HOF

RD 5, Pick 147: LB Vosean Joseph, University of Florida

Value-wise, this was our best pick of the draft. If we can get him to see more of the field, he'll not only be a starter, but he'll be a probowler. He needs to bulk up a bit, but that's the easy part.

• Like (+1) 3

Thats how I see it if all works out. Tremendous talent...needs a little polish.

3 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Value-wise, this was our best pick of the draft. If we can get him to see more of the field, he'll not only be a starter, but he'll be a probowler. He needs to bulk up a bit, but that's the easy part.

Like Kiko,I think he's too high motor to put beef on...and I'm fine with that because his skill/mind set is to avoid and attack.Thankully,he not nuts like Kiko..but he plays like him.He's going to be a Bill for decade...great pick by Beane and his southeast scout.How much credit should Keith Jennings get for this selection?

5 hours ago, GreggTX said:

...patience and developmental time....thought Milano was smallish even in the 5th....back under my rock on THAT one period....

3 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Like Kiko,I think he's too high motor to put beef on...and I'm fine with that because his skill/mind set is to avoid and attack.Thankully,he not nuts like Kiko..but he plays like him.He's going to be a Bill for decade...great pick by Beane and his southeast scout.How much credit should Keith Jennings get for this selection?

Agreed. I think we tend to overvalue size. There are limitations(can't play LB at 190 pounds) but simply being 6-3 250 doesn't make a guy an effective football player. Joseph is 6-1 226. Zo is the same height and about 20 pounds heavier. I think Joseph can put on 10 pounds of MUSCLE, but it's his motor that makes him a really interesting prospect. I think he's gonna fit in perfectly at Zo's spot and he'll have a season to add SOME bulk.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

WELP

Officially consigned to the outer darkness.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Officially consigned to the outer darkness.

Yup, Sheffield, PA is the place for him.