Beane disappoints everyone and lands a future All Pro LT

1. Arizona - Murray

2. Raiders - Trade with San Francisco Bosa 

3. NY Jets - Allen 

4. San Francisco - Quinnen Williams

5. Tampa Bay - White

6.  NY Giants  - Sweat - this is my most unsure pick.  Sweat could go as high as 5 and fall as low as 25

7. Jacksonville - Taylor 

8. Detroit - Bush 

9. Buffalo - Jonah Williams

This is what I think will happen not what I would do if I was GM for most of these clubs.  I think Beane tries to trade down but can't find any suitors.  I believe McDermott does not want an undersized Oliver at DT that argued with his coach.  I think Dawkins took a step back in both run and pass blocking last year and Nsekhe is at best a one year retread rental at RT.  I believe Beane would be happy landing Taylor, Williams, or Dillard but loathes to do so at #9.  Lastly, while I would take Hockenson or Fant at #9, I think the board is probably correct in that teams just don't put first round grades on TE's that often and Beane won't either.  With the top 7 defenders off the board, Beane albeit reluctantly takes a future All-Pro LT.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

1. Arizona - Murray

3. NY Jets - Allen 

5. Tampa Bay - White

6.  NY Giants  - Sweat - this is my most unsure pick.  Sweat could go as high as 5 and fall as low as 25

7. Jacksonville - Taylor 

8. Detroit - Bush 

This is what I think will happen not what I would do if I was GM for most of these clubs.  I think Beane tries to trade down but can't find any suitors.  I believe McDermott does not want an undersized Oliver at DT that argued with his coach.  I think Dawkins took a step back in both run and pass blocking last year and Nsekhe is at best a one year retread rental at RT.  I believe Beane would be happy landing Taylor, Williams, or Dillard but loathes to do so at #9.  Lastly, while I would take Hockenson or Fant at #9, I think the board is probably correct in that teams just don't put first round grades on TE's that often and Beane won't either.  With the top 7 defenders off the board, Beane albeit reluctantly takes a future All-Pro LT.

Your guess is as good as anyone's but IMO in that scenario they pick Oliver. If he's gone, I'd love to see them pick Jonah. From what we've heard, Oliver argued with his coach one time, and the two made up almost instantly. I don't think that's a big problem at all.

• Thank you (+1) 10

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

1. Arizona - Murray

3. NY Jets - Allen 

5. Tampa Bay - White

7. Jacksonville - Taylor 

8. Detroit - Bush 

Correct me if I'm wrong but I've never heard of an elite LT with short arms if there is 1 let me know either way there few and far in between. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PolishPrince said:

That Joe Thomas guy was pretty good lol

Good one very good one but I dont see the similarities as prospects.  Joe Thomas was universally rated the top tackle in his draft nobody said he should kick into guard spots.  Joe was the exception not the rule.

1 minute ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Good one very good one but I dont see the similarities as prospects.  Joe Thomas was universally rated the top tackle in his draft nobody said he should kick into guard spots.  Joe was the exception not the rule.

You just said you've never heard of an elite LT with short arms. I just gave you arguably one of the best. Didnt say this guy was going to be the next Joe Thomas, just naming an elite LT with short arms

• Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I've never heard of an elite LT with short arms if there is 1 let me know either way there few and far in between. 

All the other dinosaurs feared the mighty TRex!

All kidding aside, you might have to slide him to guard for maximum effectiveness.  

3 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

1. Arizona - Murray

3. NY Jets - Allen 

5. Tampa Bay - White

7. Jacksonville - Taylor 

8. Detroit - Bush 

At G I think.  He got handled in the Champ. Game by Clemsom.

• Like (+1) 1

I rather Oliver, but I'm okay with it.  But, gesh, we should be able to trade down one or two spots and pick up another 4th rounder.  They could be used to move our 2nd up to the lower 1st or take a couple of flyers at offensive line, tight ends, one-trick pony EDGE players or the like. 

Edited by maryland-bills-fan

3 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

David Bakhtiari is another example for what it's worth

If he has real short arms he couldnt draw a holding call.

• Haha (+1) 1

Jake Matthews

4 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

1. Arizona - Murray

3. NY Jets - Allen 

5. Tampa Bay - White

7. Jacksonville - Taylor 

8. Detroit - Bush 

If Oliver falls to us I think we run the card up to Goodell.  I'd be fine with Jonah Williams as long as Allen and Oliver are already taken.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 3