What Did You Do With Your Tax Cut!

42 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

They would know if they got a decent tax return. George W. Bush made sure they knew. 

The MSM never really got to get into the tax law, as the GOP did not even try and defend it in the last election. They still lost 40 seats. Most American knew this was mostly about getting the wealthy a huge tax break. The right wing media is VERY influnencial and could have tried promoting this monster, but didn't really try. 

You can't even frame the issues properly after just having this explained to you a couple of days ago. You don't get a tax return, you file a tax return, dumbass.

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Maybe I should have clarified.  I meant your likely federal tax cut. 

Out of the goodness of my heart, I donated to the federal government

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

The MSM never really got to get into the tax law, as the GOP did not even try and defend it in the last election. 

Maybe if the MSM media had any clue as to what they are doing.   Try interviewing a CPA or two on how the new tax laws will affect people in all tax brackets.  

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

They would know if they got a decent tax return. George W. Bush made sure they knew. 

The MSM never really got to get into the tax law, as the GOP did not even try and defend it in the last election. They still lost 40 seats. Most American knew this was mostly about getting the wealthy a huge tax break. The right wing media is VERY influnencial and could have tried promoting this monster, but didn't really try. 

In this last tax cut the federal tax rates for all W-2 brackets were reduced by very similar percentages.  That's about as fair as you can make it. 

my taxes are pretty complicated. last year i had an over payment on estimated taxes, which is usually an every other year thing (at least i try to make it come out that way) and when that is the case, it gets payed forward. due to the way things worked out this year, i will not owe any tax. as a result, i will be claiming all monies owed us here.

no i'm not Trump and no, you can't see my taxes. 

Anything I saved went into unexpected medical costs this year.  But hey, that caused additional savings.  That fits right in with the American way I'd say, thinking you actually saved 50 cents because you bought that on sale oversized jar of peanut butter that you otherwise wouldn't have.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, shrader said:

Anything I saved went into unexpected medical costs this year.  But hey, that caused additional savings.  That fits right in with the American way I'd say, thinking you actually saved 50 cents because you bought that on sale oversized jar of peanut butter that you otherwise wouldn't have.

Sorry to hear that, man. Hope you and yours are well. :beer: 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Living in California it’s hard to know if I actually got a tax cut. While my uppermost earnings were taxed less by a few percent, I’m no longer able to deduct my State tax so I’m guessing it was pretty much a wash.

Dont tell Bernie though! He’s stuck on the concept that I’m STILL not paying my fair share...whatever that is.