Sign in to follow this  
#34fan

Should the Chiefs key-in on Karlos? (Williams)

Posted (edited)

:)

I can't remember a more exciting rookie running back in a long time...  Sure it's been four years, but if he's anything like the old Karlos he'd be a great fit with Mahommes

and that passing attack.

11 games, 3 starts, 7 rushing TD's, 2 passing TD's, 5.6YPC!...  Might be an excellent replacement for Kareem Hunt!

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/22/kansas-city-chiefs-second-chance-rb-karlos-williams-reinstatement/

Edited by #34fan
Clarity
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Skeptical 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Man, memories of this guy just tick me off. We woulda had one of the best 1-2’s the past 3 years If he’d have kept his head on.

• Like (+1) 8

23 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Man, memories of this guy just tick me off. We woulda had one of the best 1-2’s the past 3 years If he’d have kept his head on.

He's got a buttload of kids to take care of...  I hope he can get on a team and stay clean.

13 minutes ago, #34fan said:

He's got a buttload of kids to take care of...  I hope he can get on a team and stay clean.

Travis Henry syndrome.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Travis Henry syndrome.

Stubby fingers?

You are living in the past.

Would be great at ACE Hardware, you need a shovel, 4.7 seconds, you're out of there

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I still can't believe he just flushed his career down the toilet. I hope he gets back on track and wish him the best but geez, we had one hell of a back with him.

6 hours ago, #34fan said:

I can't remember a more exciting rookie running back in a long time...  Sure it's been four years, but if he's anything like the old Karlos he'd be a great fit with Mahommes

and that passing attack.

11 games, 3 starts, 7 rushing TD's, 2 passing TD's, 5.6YPC!...  Might be an excellent replacement for Kareem Hunt!

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/22/kansas-city-chiefs-second-chance-rb-karlos-williams-reinstatement/

let go of the past

I hope the Chiefs sign Maurice Clarett and hand him the ball 60 times a game. In the process I hope Pat Mahomes decides to pull an MJ by going to play baseball. I hope Andy Reid sees an old Nationwide commercial and decides he would rather be at home eating chicken parm sammiches. I hope Kelce decides he wants to be the next Kevin Federline and in turn leaves the game of football to be a music video choreographer. I hope Tyreke Hill gets his dreds stuck in an elevator door, but the elevator proceeds to go up making him look like the baldheaded Eddie Murphy from the movie Coming to America. I hope he then can no longer wear a helmet because his bald *ss head is too sensitive. I'm not worried about who the Chiefs should be keying in on. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, #34fan said:

and that passing attack.

I think for a change the Chiefs should focus on players that aren't in danger of being suspended.

• Like (+1) 4

He had his shot.  He blew it.  It's over for him.

• Like (+1) 2

At this point he would probably be a Chris Berman line - rumblin, bumblin, stumblin.

9 hours ago, whatdrought said:

So true...

Almost certain to end in disappointment to the Chiefs.....but, what, me care ?   I wish CW a recovery from his addictions.  (drugs and excessive food)

9 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Travis Henry syndrome.

..LMAO....perfect nanny for the Karlos clan..............

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

I think that's pretty much it. 

It reminds me of an anecdote told by a (probably legit) college admissions counselor.  He wrote about refusing to take as a client, a family who had their sights set solely on the most prestigious Ivy League schools for her son.  He was a legit candidate - straight As in the hardest classes, star athlete in his sport, high test scores.  Except, as a freshman in HS, he had committed (well-documented and admitted) a legitimate hate-crime.   The counselor had to point out: "Yes, he has all these great qualifications.  But he is competing against candidates who have qualifications as good - and who have never done what he did."

Karlos has legit claims to being an NFL-quality player.  He came into the NFL with questionmarks about his weedy habits and work ethic, his actions after being signed confirmed those questionmarks, and he's competing against kids with legit potential to be NFL-quality players who do NOT have his history.

8 hours ago, MJS said:

You are living in the past.

4 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

let go of the past

He was relevant what.. 3 years ago?

In terms of the average NFL career, that is ages ago that he was good. His career has been over so some time now. 

• Thanks! (+1) 1

Chiefs signed Carlos Hyde and extended Damien Williams who filled in perfectly after Hunt got suspended. They likely don't need any other FA rb. 

• Like (+1) 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Doc said:

3 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Did someone donate a truckload of twinkies to the Chiefs ?

1 hour ago, bigK14094 said:

Almost certain to end in disappointment to the Chiefs.....but, what, me care ?   I wish CW a recovery from his addictions.  (drugs and excessive food)

Admittedly, Special K slipped up with the weight thing... But the I truly believe the Bills management (at the time) handled it the wrong way...  Karlos was

coming off a phenomenal year, and he may have begun resting on his Laurels prematurely.   IMO, that kind of production earned him the benefit of the doubt...

Rex, Rob, and Whaley got a whole bunch wrong that season, and casting out Karlos was one more thing to add to that pile.  -Come on, Is he worse than Randy

Gregory?    If he can stay clean, and return to fighting form, a team would be dumb not to give him a shot....  -He'd be a star in KC's passing attack, perhaps

even a 1,000 yard rusher.

Edited by #34fan
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Admittedly, Special K slipped up with the weight thing... But the I truly believe the Bills management (at the time) handled it the wrong way...  Karlos was

coming off a phenomenal year, and he may have begun resting on his Laurels prematurely.   IMO, that kind of production earned him the benefit of the doubt...

Rex, Rob, and Whaley got a whole bunch wrongthat season, and casting out Karlos was one more thing to add to that pile.  -Come on, Is he worse than Randy

Gregory?    If he can stay clean, and return to fighting form, a team would be dumb not to give him a shot....  -He'd be a star in KC's passing attack, perhaps

even a 1,000 yard rusher.

Bills FO should bring him in for a look/workout and then take him out to eat.