Bills new workout facility

Just now, freddyjj said:

Good call.  Just a matter of time.  Now that Russ Brandon is gone.  

Though Kim Pegula grew up in Fairport.  

Yeah, Kim being from Fairport is what likely keeps it in Rochester.  But anything can happen.

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

While this would seem practical, it has some downsides. The Orchard Park location is far flung for many out of towners anttending the games, and even those in the heavily populated northtowns. There are few local businesses in the area to pick up extra customers on gamedays. Pretty much an economic wasteland in the general area around NEF. The stadium location has never been very good, and a new stadium there doesn’t change anything in that department. 

What?  I can't even say how much I disagree with almost everything you said here.  Far flung location?  Really?  I'm an out of town season ticket holder for going on 20 years, and the current location, not being in a downtown area, is the best part of New Era Field.  Downtown stadiums suck.  The parking sucks.  The tailgating sucks.  The price gouging sucks.  And the traffic patterns almost always suck.  If you are within an hour drive of an NFL Stadium, you aren't far away.  Period.  The location isn't far flung, by any stretch of the imagination.

The few local business part I can agree.  Howvever, who cares?  Have you ever been to downtown stadiums where all of the bars, shops, or whatever, that are adjacent to the venue are wall to wall people with nowhere to sit, or even move inside?  They suck.  The prices suck.  The service sucks.  Trying to pay your damn bill or eat, most of the time sucks.  No thanks.  Places like Indianapolis, Charlotte, etc all feel antiseptic and way too clean on Gameday.  It's more of a going to a mall feel, than a football game.  You can have that crap.

The stadium location right now is terrific.  The Bills are going to shoot themselves in the foot by going downtown, if they do.  Downtown stadiums suck.  The entire scene for a downtown stadium becomes antiseptic, dull, and everything becomes overpriced and fake.

No thanks!

Edited by Lv-Bills
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, Kim being from Fairport is what likely keeps it in Rochester.  But anything can happen.

I remember this from over last summer.  Could really go either way honestly.  Not sure why they would limit their product to just Buffalo and remove Rochester/Syracuse.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2018/05/04/kim-pegula-buffalo-bills-training-camp-st-john-fisher-college-russ-brandon/581502002/

Edited by The Wiz

55 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Many teams have Practice facilities and Admin HQ separate from game day stadium.  Bears, Browns, Redskins, Jets, come to mind immediately.

Also: Bears in Halas Hall in Lake Forest and Cowboys in Frisco.

It is over an hour from Soldier Field. Similar time from Cowboys Frisco training to Jerry's Place Stadium.

49 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I did the leg work for you @thebandit27

Good think Kroft and Eiffert never talked to each other when on Bengals together for those 4 short years.      lol

Edited by cba fan

10 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Also Chris Brown did that Q&A thing and said McDermott said over half the players are already in Buffalo.

Glad Beane didn't lose a finger at the hands of Kim at the 0:44 second mark.

1 hour ago, junior12thman92 said:

Glad Beane didn't lose a finger at the hands of Kim at the 0:44 second mark.

True, but doesn’t need that finger to GM the team.  Now, McDermott...

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Guddam autotext...?

1 hour ago, freddyjj said:

Good call.  Just a matter of time.  Now that Russ Brandon is gone.  

Though Kim Pegula grew up in Fairport.  

....yes she did.....as did Brandon's wife......would be an asinine move to dump Fisher and alienate fans from Rochester and east/southeast..............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

4 hours ago, The Wiz said:

-197.5 degree cryochamber?

Why don't they just stand outside in the winter? 

They better be careful what they stick their tongue on in there

Related image

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Agreed. The hotel/bar/restaurant scene isn’t ideal either. I’m all for a downtown location in pegulaville with the facilities in OP.

NFTA used to run 4 bus routes to the stadium.  It was great - I’d drive to Lancaster, go to Mass with my parents, park my car at Clarence Mall and take a 2 dollar bus ride to the stadium - avoid the parking nonsense and he whole drinking/driving risk.

Now, the only way out there is drive, Uber, or hire a limo.

I am 100% for a downtown stadium that I can walk to in nice weather, or take a quick trolley in rain or snow.

They should bulldoze the 50-year old dinosaur in OP (War Memorial Stadium was younger when the Bills abandoned it).  I really don’t care where the practice facility or front office is located.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....yes she did.....as did Brandon's wife......would be an asinine move to dump Fisher and alienate fans from Rochester and east/southeast..............

I grew up in Rochester.  Going to SJF and seeking autographs from the players after practice is part of what cemented me as a Bills fan.  The first year of training camp it was trying to get Doug Flutie's autograph...Then Eric Moulds the next year....Then Jay Riemersma....The list goes on and on.  I still have all the training camp programs.   It's part of what made me a fan (it certainly wasn't the product on the field over the 2000's....).  I hope training camp never leaves Greater Rochester.

• Like (+1) 2