Cierre Wood charged with Murder

5 hours ago, McBean said:

As a father of a little girl, if true, I hope this POS gets what he deserves.

My thoughts too.

My daughter has some special needs that take some patience, but she is my joy and the 99% reason I get up and go to work each day.

I can't wrap my brain around anyone harming a child.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Horrible. The poor little girl.

Have to say that the comments on the article are also very telling. Race has nothing to do with this case. Sadly children are physically abused by individuals of every race creed and gender.

It seems wrong to “thumbsup” this comment because of the reason for it.  However you speak the truth.  This is an ugly and tragic story.

1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I got my ass whooped a lot as a kid by my parents, and felt it did me well growing up and becoming a man. To the point that I discussed this with my wife and we both agreed we would give spankings as parents.

My daughter is 6 now and I have yet to give such spanking and don't think I ever will. Have learned there are many other ways to punish that do just as good or better. The important thing is to never lose your cool. If I become enraged, I will walk away then come back later and deal out punishment. Not toys/tablet are killer to 6yrold. She would prob rather take a beating.

Operation blackout (all electronics taken) used to work wonders when my boys were younger.

6 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Horrible. The poor little girl.

Have to say that the comments on the article are also very telling. Race has nothing to do with this case. Sadly children are physically abused by individuals of every race creed and gender.

Reading the comments on any fox news article is alarming and entertaining all at the same time. And I'm no lefty. I mostly read fox news and watch lefty media. 

There are many racist commentators on fox articles and the amount of people that like the racist comments is disturbing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, CoachT said:

Reading the comments on any fox news article is alarming and entertaining all at the same time. And I'm no lefty. I mostly read fox news and watch lefty media. 

There are many racist commentators on fox articles and the amount of people that like the racist comments is disturbing.

You're a very smart dog.

2 hours ago, CoachT said:

Uh oh!

Such a terrible story. My "hunch" is that this involves negligence and not malice, but I don't know the details. Either way, your 5 year old kid's safety is priority number ONE. 

9 minutes ago, H2o said:

I have no sympathy for whatever happens to him in prison. To be the cause of death of a 5 year old girl is heinous. 

...rest assured...neither will his fellow inmates....they have a habit of "taking care of business" especially for the murder of a helpless child......

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

I think ex Bills back Derrick Holmes is locked up for murder also . 

Nah. Holmes got popped for tax fraud. REALLY strange story. He was helping people file false tax returns and receiving a cut. This was in Buffalo in 04 and 05. Probably in town using his Bills "heritage" as an in. Bad act, but definitely not a murder situation.

I have a five year old girl. Hope whoever is responsible for this gets the maximum penalty possible. Harming children is the single most horrible, most despicable thing a human can do.

This is absolutely horrible.

Additionally, and I’ll do it because I was the guy who brought it up in a similar thread a few months ago with an arrested former player who spent less than an eighth of his pro career as a bill but was shown in the article as a bill, it follows here.  Although, in the articles defense he was briefly here, but did see action in the regular season.

18 hours ago, Jumpsuit Jim said:

It is horrible. Sickening. And sad. But This isn’t a result of our “messed up society”. Women, children, and the elderly have been neglected, abused, beaten, and killed by societies across all human history. 

Society isn’t to blame. The person doing this is to blame. 

You are very right.  Until very recently, society considered child abuse as "strict discipline" and spousal abuse as "a man's right" (no man would have admitted to being abused by his wife).  Society has changed -- for the better.  What hasn't is the attitudes/actions of people who abuse children, spouses, and/or the elderly.  

Long before drugs that people ingested as pills, smoked or injected became prevalent in society, there was alcohol.  The temperance movement began in the 1830s in the US not because reformers were opposed to people having wine with dinner or imbibing at a party but because so many people -- especially women and children in a male dominated society -- suffered because of the violence and poverty that resulted from excessive alcohol use.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Jumpsuit Jim said:

It is horrible. Sickening. And sad. But This isn’t a result of our “messed up society”. Women, children, and the elderly have been neglected, abused, beaten, and killed by societies across all human history. 

Society isn’t to blame. The person doing this is to blame. 

Society isn’t the cause. Society is a collection of people many good, some bad.

Comments are enlightening as well about a multitude of other trashy elements of society.

On 4/12/2019 at 7:48 AM, aristocrat said:

Kids are frustrating but I don’t get how you can do anything beyond a slap on the butt or hand. 

It's usually not about the kid when it's abuse, it's about the person's rage and anger and the kid is an outlet

Same with other forms of abuse and harassment

In some cases, it perpetuates because it's the way that person was raised themselves (with abuse)

Still horrible

21 hours ago, CSBill said:

Why do we have a thread about this?

Played for Bills

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Uh oh!

Such a terrible story. My "hunch" is that this involves negligence and not malice, but I don't know the details. Either way, your 5 year old kid's safety is priority number ONE. 

No.  Child had laceration of liver, bruises on "torso, legs, and abdomen".  Don't negligently lacerate a kid's liver.