If Josh Allen (the LB) Is Drafted By The Bills What Name Will Be On His Jersey?

17 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

They didn’t have the same exact name.  Spelled the same exact way.  It’s going to get confusing unless the LB changes his name.

Case and point:

”The Bills made a great draft pick in Josh Allen.”

Get used to saying “The QB or the LB?”

You are right, I am convinced. It will be chaos. Sell your house, cash in all your liquid assets and buy all the canned food you can. Canned soup will be the new currency after the Double-Allen Apocalypse.

1 hour ago, Blaise321 said:

Allen.

If you have the luxury of a visual, then you would know which Allen they were talking about. Different numbers, off or def, etc..

If you don't have the luxury of visual, then the name on the jersey is irrelevant. It would be the duty of the broadcaster, radio host or reporter to tell you which one they are speaking about.

But how would they do it?!? It is a puzzle with no solution. All is lost, we are doomed I tell ya, doooooooomed. It is a full-on parent trap situation.

And that my friend is how you seamlessly work an obscure Haley Mills reference into a football discussion. 

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Can you imagine the silliness that will ensue if the Bills draft Josh Allen, Kentucky LB in the 1st round.  

It will likely be the first time in NFL History that a football team has drafted a player by the same name in back-to-back drafts.  Also it will probably be the first time that two players are on the same team with the same name - spelled exactly the same.  And if they trade up for him, it certainly would be the first time a team traded up for a player with the same name in back-to-back drafts.

Then there's the question of the name of the back of his jersey.  They can't put "Allen" because of Josh Allen the QB.  Will they put "J. Allen?"  Maybe but I'm not sure considering that "J. Allen" could also be the QB.  Putting "Josh Allen" on the back of the jersey might not work for the same reason.   Maybe they put his middle initial like "J.M. Allen?"  Hopefully the QB doesn't have the same initial.  

Then there's the issue of how writers and broadcasters will distinguish between the two Josh Allen's.  Do they give the LB a nickname like "Flash Allen" or start referring to them as "Josh Allen the QB" and "Josh Allen the LB?"  

Can you imagine when the press requests an interview to Derek Boyko?

Boyko:  Who do you want to interview?

Press:  We would like to interview Josh

Boyko:  Josh who?

Press:  Josh Allen

Boyko:  Which Josh Allen?

Press:  The quarterback

Boyko:  Oh I thought you meant the LB.  He's waiting right here.

I think that Josh Allen (the LB) goes high in the first round before the Bills have a chance, but if he does end up get ready for the "Who's on First" jokes!!!!

Allen 

see that was easyhat was easy

13 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

"Deuces"

Since he is the 2nd Josh Allen drafted by the Bills in two consecutive years.

That could be a serious challenge for our scouts next year! 

I suggest we do NOT make him a SCHOTTENHEIMER. It does not fit on the jersey. Maybe Bennett? Taylor? Pick a great one, any great one. Because we won’t get him so it won’t matter. 

6 hours ago, Watkins101 said:

How can you be sure he was a republican?

They were always conservative. They never went for it on fourth and short and often punted from the opponent's 40 yard line. 

13 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

That's not the question you asked.  White Allen and Black Allen?

On the classic "All in the Family," Archie had two friends at work named Elmo, and he called them Black Elmo and Regular Elmo. 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

That could be a serious challenge for our scouts next year! 

I suggest we do NOT make him a SCHOTTENHEIMER. It does not fit on the jersey. Maybe Bennett? Taylor? Pick a great one, any great one. Because we won’t get him so it won’t matter. 

I agree we won’t get him at 9, but if we did there would be a real issue with 2 Josh Allen’s on the same team

4 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

It’s not that simple.... if you are John Murphy or Howard Simon or anyone who doesn’t have the luxury of a visual, how do you distinguish the difference between the two.  

“great play by Josh Allen.”  You no idea which “Josh Allen” they are referring to.

I don't know, maybe they could give them different numbers, or something?...

48 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

I agree we won’t get him at 9, but if we did there would be a real issue with 2 Josh Allen’s on the same team

Nah, I don’t really see it. I mean, why? Exactly? More for a tiny bit of humor, zero problem. 

On 3/29/2019 at 9:05 PM, BillyWhiteShows said:

Can you imagine the silliness that will ensue if the Bills draft Josh Allen, Kentucky LB in the 1st round.  

It will likely be the first time in NFL History that a football team has drafted a player by the same name in back-to-back drafts.  Also it will probably be the first time that two players are on the same team with the same name - spelled exactly the same.  And if they trade up for him, it certainly would be the first time a team traded up for a player with the same name in back-to-back drafts.

Then there's the question of the name of the back of his jersey.  They can't put "Allen" because of Josh Allen the QB.  Will they put "J. Allen?"  Maybe but I'm not sure considering that "J. Allen" could also be the QB.  Putting "Josh Allen" on the back of the jersey might not work for the same reason.   Maybe they put his middle initial like "J.M. Allen?"  Hopefully the QB doesn't have the same initial.  

Then there's the issue of how writers and broadcasters will distinguish between the two Josh Allen's.  Do they give the LB a nickname like "Flash Allen" or start referring to them as "Josh Allen the QB" and "Josh Allen the LB?"  

Can you imagine when the press requests an interview to Derek Boyko?

Boyko:  Who do you want to interview?

Press:  We would like to interview Josh

Boyko:  Josh who?

Press:  Josh Allen

Boyko:  Which Josh Allen?

Press:  The quarterback

Boyko:  Oh I thought you meant the LB.  He's waiting right here.

I think that Josh Allen (the LB) goes high in the first round before the Bills have a chance, but if he does end up get ready for the "Who's on First" jokes!!!!

Huh?  Do you know how many Williams the Bills have had on the team over the last few years. 

23 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

How old are you?

Civil War

10 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

It’s not that simple.... if you are John Murphy or Howard Simon or anyone who doesn’t have the luxury of a visual, how do you distinguish the difference between the two.  

“great play by Josh Allen.”  You no idea which “Josh Allen” they are referring to.

Apparently, I am not taking this quite as serious as you are.....no problem. Maybe they should just take someone else and do away with this first world problem?

On 3/30/2019 at 1:16 PM, BillyWhiteShows said:

So you’re saying they don’t know when the Bills have the ball, and when they don’t?

And , if they don’t have the luxury of a visual, how would they even know that someone made a great play?

Edited by The Senator
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, The Senator said:

So you’re saying they don’t know when the Bills have the ball, and when they don’t?

And , if they don’t have the luxury of a visual, how would they even know that someone made a great play?

Because there are many cases when it isn’t clear if you listen to the clip out of context.  Like this....”Josh Allen of the Bills is leading in Pro Bowl votes.”  We have no idea who is being referenced.

Like I said, get ready for the phrase “The QB or LB?”

25 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Because there are many cases when it isn’t clear if you listen to the clip out of context.  Like this....”Josh Allen of the Bills is leading in Pro Bowl votes.”  We have no idea who is being referenced.

Like I said, get ready for the phrase “The QB or LB?”

In the very unlikely event that we have two Josh Allens, I’m sure we’ll muddle our way thru.