Hoping for a trade with Pittsburgh

Roethlisberger mentioned retirement a few years back, I’m sure it’s going to happen sooner rather than later. Drew Lock is a good QB, good size, strong arm, athletic etc. I expect Denver is going to take a hard look. 

Word is Mason Rudolph is not what they thought. Time will tell. But say Pittsburgh wants Drew Lock. 

I would be all for this trade down scenario. Would you?

Buffalo Gives up picks 

9 (1350)

113 (68) 

148 (32)

159 (28)

In Return from Pittsburgh Bills get

20 (850)

52 (380)

66 (260)

that trade would leave the Bills with the #20 pick, 2 second round picks and 2 early third round picks. Leaves Bills with a 4th round.

picks 20, 40, 52, 66, 75, 132 in the first four rounds.

Teams I see moving up for Lock, jumping Denver would be Cincinnati, Miami, Tennessee and Pittsburgh. But Pittsburgh just gained more picks from Oakland to be more aggressive.

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I'd love this...but I don't think it's likely. 

The Steelers have a few holes to fill after the last few days, and I doubt they'd trade away that much draft capital for Ben's replacement, particularly a year after drafting Rudolph. 

Hope I'm wrong though! 

• Like (+1) 2

Come on man, at least use the correct first round pick for the Bills with this idea.  Also, I don't think anyone is trading up for Lock.  Watch some of his game film.  Sure, a lot of talent on the face, but when you watch him, he just is so underwhelming.  I can't imagine anyone trading up for him.

Edited by Mark80

Just now, TOboy said:

I'd love this...but I don't think it's likely. 

The Steelers have a few holes to fill after the last few days, and I doubt they'd trade away that much draft capital for Ben's replacement, particularly a year after drafting Rudolph. 

Hope I'm wrong though! 

Even if it’s 9 for 20 & 52 I might take it. All depends on who’s there at 9. But there’s some studs to be had in The 2nd 

We got an extra 1st and a 3rd from KC to move from 10 to 27 in 2017.   New Orleans gave up #27 / 2019 1st / #147 to go to 14 last year.

I would want something similar.  I know 20 isn't 27, but #20 / 2020 1st / 82 would be my target, though I'd settle for #82 being #122.

4 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Come on man, at least use the correct first round pick for the Bills with this outrageous idea.  Also, I don't think anyone is trading up for Lock.  Watch some of his game film.  Sure, a lot of talent on the face, but when you watch him is is so underwhelming.  I can't imagine anyone trading up for him.

I definitely see a trade up.... Not going to say it’s going to happen but Drew Lock is going round one. There’s a few teams right there between 10-20 who need a QB. If you like Lock, you go get him. Cincinnati May jump 2 spots give up hardly nothing. A 4th?

2 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

I definitely see a trade up.... Not going to say it’s going to happen but Drew Lock is going round one. There’s a few teams right there between 10-20 who need a QB. If you like Lock, you go get him. Cincinnati May jump 2 spots give up hardly nothing. A 4th?

To go from 9 to 11 could cost their second. Definitely not a 4th. You pay a premium near the top of the draft. 

7 minutes ago, TOboy said:

To go from 9 to 11 could cost their second. Definitely not a 4th. You pay a premium near the top of the draft. 

9 & 11 is a 100pt difference.

cincys pick in round 2 is 470pts.

No way.

5 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I don't think the draft chart is going to have any use in this draft.  It doesn't look like there is a strong market to trade up.  I think teams are going to have accept less than in past years to trade back.  

It’s a general gauge. Teams that do move up tend to overpay some but I agree, some may take less

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1

Just now, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

9 & 11 is a 100pt difference.

cincys pick in round 2 is 470pts.

No way.

You can't always  go by the chart, especially when a QB is involved. That said, I said could, both teams would need to be willing. I definitely can't see the Bills doing it for a 4. 

1 minute ago, TOboy said:

You can't always  go by the chart, especially when a QB is involved. That said, I said could, both teams would need to be willing. I definitely can't see the Bills doing it for a 4. 

Definitely for a QB they could overpay.  I’d take their 3rd in a heartbeat. Or swap our 3rd for their 2nd.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

You hate him so much :lol:

I really should just let it go! But people were arguing that we might have to trade up into the top ten to grab him before New England does. I thought I was in  bizarro world, because I thought he was a second-third round pick. Lots of hyperbole this time of year! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I really should just let it go! But people were arguing that we might have to trade up into the top ten to grab him before New England does. I thought I was in  bizarro world, because I thought he was a second-third round pick. Lots of hyperbole this time of year! 

And all the self-appointed experts on here who liked him will no doubt be pointing out how they were wrong....NOT!

But, some of them are always on here to point out something from 3 years ago they got right. SMH

NOT YOU. You have always been consistent-don't change.

Edited by Josh "Real Deal" Allen
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Roethlisberger mentioned retirement a few years back, I’m sure it’s going to happen sooner rather than later. Drew Lock is a good QB, good size, strong arm, athletic etc. I expect Denver is going to take a hard look. 

Word is Mason Rudolph is not what they thought. Time will tell. But say Pittsburgh wants Drew Lock. 

Buffalo Gives up picks 

9 (1350)

113 (68) 

148 (32)

159 (28)

20 (850)

52 (380)

66 (260)

that trade would leave the Bills with the #20 pick, 2 second round picks and 2 early third round picks. Leaves Bills with a 4th round.

Teams I see moving up for Lock, jumping Denver would be Cincinnati, Miami, Tennessee and Pittsburgh. But Pittsburgh just gained more picks from Oakland to be more aggressive.

Where did you here this?  From the inside source in your head.

24 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

The only player I can see the Steelers moving for is a mlb because they have not replaced Shazier yet. I think they still want to get it done with Big Ben, they have always drafted to win this year with their high picks. Taking a stab with Rudolph in the third was surprising.

They LOVE Devin White. They’d settle for Devin Bush or Greedy Williams. A trade up from Pittsburgh would almost certainly be for Devin White.

• Like (+1) 1

I like the trade idea, but Pittsburgh has a lot of holes to fill now and I don't seem them doing this. I'm not a Connor believer, for what it's worth. I think his production last season derived from great o-line play, and I think he's not nearly as talented as Bell. He is serviceable, however. 

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They LOVE Devin White. They’d settle for Devin Bush or Greedy Williams. A trade up from Pittsburgh would almost certainly be for Devin White.

My thinking too, but as per my post above, I have a hard time seeing them making a trade. Given their cap situation, they need cheap talent. That comes through the draft. 

43 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

The only player I can see the Steelers moving for is a mlb because they have not replaced Shazier yet. I think they still want to get it done with Big Ben, they have always drafted to win this year with their high picks. Taking a stab with Rudolph in the third was surprising.

perhaps for D. White--LSU, although, if he is available, I want him.   But that bevy of picks may be too hard to pass up and have a hypo like Kirby posted earlier in the thread.  (although, I'd like Mad Maxx Crosby at some point) . 

17 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

who doesn't love Devin White.  Dude is a stud!!   

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Buffalo Gives up picks 

9 (1350)

113 (68) 

148 (32)

159 (28)

20 (850)

52 (380)

66 (260)

It's good to want things...